Goodwin Story

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

I would think he would not have been allowed to.  Suspension means just that - no participation in any school related stuff period.  You can not even be on campus.  He probably lost last semester unless he took online classes from another university and could transfer them in.  He only needs 24 credits by the start of first semester next school year.  He can easily get that done in summer school assuming he had 12 or more credits from the first semester.  

Right after his suspension I heard they were hopeful of working something out where he could continue coursework. Don’t know if it happened. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If it didn’t then Jgood has been training like a pro since February 

towel me... my god.... kid had triple doubles in his freshmen year..... 

1 hour ago, NextYearBill said:

towel me... my god.... kid had triple doubles in his freshmen year..... 

Triple doubles with a lot on his mind, a year of experience and conditioning he will be something special, time to raid the Holiday Inn for the pile of towels.

9 hours ago, CBFan said:

Triple doubles with a lot on his mind, a year of experience and conditioning he will be something special

And a trip dub with a rather sucky shooting team. If my memory serves me right I think he had a chance of going like two straight games with a triple double

14 hours ago, SLUperman said:

Very impressed by this young man's response to turmoil. Never wavered in the face of unwarranted scrutiny and criticism from S2, and also has never displayed discontent publicly, although I'm sure it was an extremely difficult task to keep those feelings of frustration and anger close to his chest. He didn't vent or drag down the morale of teammates, though I'm sure sure he very much wanted to voice his displeasure.

Goodwin's truly what you want from a leader. He responds to obstacles with incredible resolve and perseverance, never taking a moment of self pity. Instead, he reflects and works on improving himself. This Billiken alum is incredibly proud to have a young man like Jordan on this team, and I have no doubt this kid and this team will be going places under his leadership. 

I think I speak on behalf of all Bills fans when I say I truly cannot wait to see what he'll accomplish!

You and me both. This could've gone a number of ways, most of them bad. He simply put his head down, accepted his (complete BS) punishment, bit his tongue, and got to work. His ability to stay positive in the face of adversity is admirable. Let's not forget that he had a tumultuous recruitment with SLU, beginning with Crews snubbing him for an obscene amount of time. He's stuck with SLU, his community, and his teammates. Here's hoping the last of the nonsense - none of which he created - is behind him, and that our star player and leader elevates the program and cements his Legend status.

Jordan, we can't wait to see you back in action for the Bills. You can make this year special for Team Blue. Let the past be the past, you can't change it and move forward to greatness for yourself and the Billikens. You are so much fun to watch play this game you love and your game brings a lot of joy to Bills fans. When you and the guys returning can get the new guys to buy in this can be a very special season.

billiken_roy likes this

-I hope our game day production staff anticipates what I think will be one very long standing ovation when he is introduced at least at the first game and I will be doing that for every one of his games as a Billiken, don't run over that moment when we as fans can show him our appreciation 

billiken_roy, brianstl and CBFan like this

16 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I hope our game day production staff anticipates what I think will be one very long standing ovation when he is introduced 

Just got chills. LFG

11 hours ago, dlarry said:

I can see a Jason Kidd Sophomore year like season for Goodwin.

16 points 9 assists 7 rebounds and 3 steals....yes please.

I’d agree with the poster who said flip rebounds and assists. But otherwise I think your estimations are right on the money. That will include at least a few more triple doubles. 

I think that people automatically assuming JGood will be here all four years are assuming a little too much. If he plays all year like he was playing at the end of his season this past year, scouts at the next level are going to notice.  Especially if we see improvement in his outside shooting, which I expect to for sure. 

Is any story, no matter how positive, that discusses Goodwin going to be fair game to once again argue "facts" about the S2 case?  Really, this thread is supposed to be about JG's return to the program, yet it has been hi-jacked to a discussion about a 2017 incident that we are close to putting in SLU basketball's rearview mirror.  There is a 200+ page thread on S2 and the way it was mishandled by various school administrators.  Would it be possible to ask those of you who still feel the need to write about that incident to post in that thread and keep threads such as this one limited to the Topic line?

36 minutes ago, bauman said:

Is any story, no matter how positive, that discusses Goodwin going to be fair game to once again argue "facts" about the S2 case?  Really, this thread is supposed to be about JG's return to the program, yet it has been hi-jacked to a discussion about a 2017 incident that we are close to putting in SLU basketball's rearview mirror.  There is a 200+ page thread on S2 and the way it was mishandled by various school administrators.  Would it be possible to ask those of you who still feel the need to write about that incident to post in that thread and keep threads such as this one limited to the Topic line?

Once he starts racking up triple doubles and Ws the likes of which this city hasn't seen, and the casual fan gets a chance to see what a hard working and genuinely good dude he is, that's what people will talk about. I can't wait for the soon to come time when the bandwagon fills with people who will tell you how much they believed in him from the beginning! 

From what I hear, JG is going to have a very tough time securing triple doubles next season.  It’s not because he won’t be stronger, smarter, and quicker than last season.  It’s not because he won’t garner the points and assists.  It’s because grabbing 10 rebounds is becoming increasingly untenable.

Word from team workouts is Luis has turned himself into a rebounding machine. A veritable Hulk to French’s Thing.  There will no longer be a lull when French leaves the game...let alone when both Santos and French are on the court at the same time....

gobillsgo likes this

1 minute ago, Gremio14 said:

From what I hear, JG is going to have a very tough time securing triple doubles next season.  It’s not because he won’t be stronger, smarter, and quicker than last season.  It’s not because he won’t garner the points and assists.  It’s because grabbing 10 rebounds is becoming increasingly untenable.

Word from team workouts is Luis has turned himself into a rebounding machine. A veritable Hulk to French’s Thing.  There will no longer be a lull when French leaves the game...let alone when both Santos and French are on the court at the same time....

Lots of rebs, lots of steals, lots of blocks—fun times next season!

29 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

but at the same time his assist should go up,  mainly the team fg% should be much higher.