National Publications

volfan

Memphis, Louisville, and Cincinnati are all listed as top 25.

I'm really surprised the Bills are given that high a ranking. While a lot of us are hopefull, I didn't expect any recognition at all from the national press.

National Rankings are all about hype. If we get some good hype in national publications then get the attention of a few writers we get votes. That is the way it works. We haven't really excelled the past few years w/ 0 hype now have we? The place were it matters more is college football. What are they looking at? I would guess it is because we have Reggie and Frericks returning.

If you consider that 65 teams made the NCAA field, ?48 in the NIT, half of those lose thier first game, leaving 32 and 24. I would say those are the teams that achieved......Now considering we have our top scorer and rebounder coming back, and we have experienced gaurds in Reggie, and Drejaj, while we have holes, the addition of Newbourne, Polk and Meyer makes this team on paper a better team than last year. Last year there were many more questions!! ie Reggie, TF, ian, Izik, and even could fish play???

I do not think this is over hype, rpi wise SLU could end up from the 30's to the 90's. It ought to be interesting.

hype had nothing to do with the mi$$ouri flop last year. try poor coaching and poor leadership as well as a lot of distractions. all brought on by $nyder.

why would you think i am anykind of a follower of mi$$ouri basketball? i hate their cheating a$$es. however between the papers and tv, we do get it rammed down our throat enough to know what is going on.

hype would infer that they just werent good. at least not as good as "hyped". how would that have kept them from achieving? i.e. hype had nothing to do with it. bad coaching and bad attitudes and bad leadership had a lot more to do with it imo.

thanks for the snob comment. being called a snob from a tiger fan is somewhat of a badge. it infers you must not think you are on the same level as us billiken fans. i like that.

Sorry, Box and One - I have to reply to this thread.

Just listening to Slaten on the radio and he was bashing Mizzou and saying how embarrassed he was to be an MU grad. He was bashing the ticket prices of football. He then went on to say if last year's MU basketball team was as good as their fans and the media said they were, then they were the most underperforming team in the history of college basketball. It made me laugh.

I still smile and laugh when I think about MU season last year. How bitter sweet, especially to the MU fans on this board. Hmmmm, anybody know who they might be?

I listen to Slaten almost every afternoon on my way home from work. Almost every day he takes a shot at Q and his program. It's great. Let's hope Snyder remains his wipping boy and not Brad. We all know Slaten is a jerk but you don't need anybody saying bad things about your program. I hate to say this but I think Claiborne and Slaten are working well together.

willie said, "I think Claiborne and Slaten are working well together."

i think they are tolerable together which to be honest i didnt think would work, but i also think that today's show has been his best since coming to kfans. i.e. slaten excels when he is completely the show.

for what it is worth, his discussion topics today have been great. of course the psl discussion is a favorite of mine though. he is right on the mark when he made the point that it is too over the top. especially the numbers he was talking. $5k per seat per year just to keep the psl! crazy.