2018-19 Schedule

ACE

St. Louis Chris Tifft 8179487495 [email protected] Saint Louis is offering a guarantee for a season-opening game on November 6 or 7. Please email Chris Tifft at [email protected] with interest 2018-2019, Guarantee - Offered

2018-05-07 19:09:0

St. Louis Chris Tifft 8179487495 [email protected] Saint Louis is offering a guarantee for a game on either December 29th or December 30th. Please email [email protected] with interest. 2018-2019, Guarantee - Offered 2018-05-08 20:54:1
St. Louis Chris Tifft 8179487495 [email protected] Saint Louis is offering a guarantee for a season-opening game on November 6 or 7. Please email Chris Tifft at [email protected] with interest 2018-2019, Guarantee - Offered 2018-05-07 19:09:06

St. Louis Chris Tifft 8179487495 [email protected] Saint Louis is looking to offer a guarantee for the following date(s)... Nov 6, Nov 27/28, Dec 18/19, Dec 21/22. Please email Chris Tifft at [email protected] with interest. 2018-2019, Guarantee - Offered 2018-05-03 18:32:0

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

The ACC is on a neutral, and the Big East is H/H. Both teams have been named since my original post.

I doubt the top end of the big east would give us a home and home so I’m thinking it’s somebody like DePaul. Creighton or Xavier would be fantastic.

the ACC game sounds like the one decent game we get out of one of those fake tournaments. The other 3 games would be buy games in that scenario. The blog post on page 2 said BC, Pitt and Georgia tech were still looking for tournaments so I’m going with BC.

15 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

@Pistol Home is Chicago for me, the desire for Marquette and DePaul is purely selfish. Should have clarified. No more campus life for me.

Gotcha. No location specified, so I assumed SLU/STL area.

10 hours ago, kshoe said:

I doubt the top end of the big east would give us a home and home so I’m thinking it’s somebody like DePaul. Creighton or Xavier would be fantastic.

the ACC game sounds like the one decent game we get out of one of those fake tournaments. The other 3 games would be buy games in that scenario. The blog post on page 2 said BC, Pitt and Georgia tech were still looking for tournaments so I’m going with BC.

So we've mentioned DePaul, Xavier, Marquette, and Creighton (and Seton Hall, indirectly). So it appears to be one of the closer BE teams for a home-and-home, which is awesome.

We've mentioned Pitt, Louisville, VT, BC, and Notre Dame from the ACC. For a one-off neutral game, I'd be happy with any. A couple of those would be a very winnable ACC game, and a couple would present an opportunity for a nice upset.

Billikid likes this

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

So we've mentioned DePaul, Xavier, Marquette, and Creighton (and Seton Hall, indirectly). So it appears to be one of the closer BE teams for a home-and-home, which is awesome.

We've mentioned Pitt, Louisville, VT, BC, and Notre Dame from the ACC. For a one-off neutral game, I'd be happy with any. A couple of those would be a very winnable ACC game, and a couple would present an opportunity for a nice upset.

I don’t think it will be Creighton, St. John’s, Providence, Nova or Seton Hall. It looks like the non buy game portions of their schedules are filled up according to what is listed over at Holy Land of Hoops.

Which leaves DePaul, Creighton, and Marquette, and none are showing signs of us yet:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/creighton-basketball-to-host-ohio-state-in-gavitt-games/v

"Creighton’s schedule is getting closer to being filled with potentially four or five games left to schedule.  In addition to Ohio State, the Bluejays will also host Gonzaga at the CenturyLink Center next season and go on the road to Nebraska and Oklahoma.

The Bluejays annual exempt tournament will be in the Cayman Islands Classic, Nov. 19-21.  The field includes St. Bonaventure,   Georgia, Clemson, Georgia State, Akron, Illinois State, and Boise State. Creighton will play 3 of those teams with a potential 4th non-bracket game at home or on the road if the schools agree on a matchup.

On the other end of the spectrum, we are also aware of a matchup at home against Montana and what appears to be an exhibition against former Creighton assistant Todd Eisner and his Winona State team.  The Bluejays will likely schedule the four remaining games as “buy” home games against lower D-1 schools.  Dates are still yet to be released on all of these games."

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2018/5/15/17355384/2018-19-marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-non-conference-schedule

Shows @Indiana, Southern, K-State, Wisconsin, UMBC, Buffalo, and Preseason NIT.

Can't find much on DePaul outside of the Penn State game, so they're my guess. Unless it's Seton Hall, which was also technically mentioned. But they're already showing @Nebraska, Wooden Legacy (CA tournament), Kentucky at MSG, and home games against Louisville and Rutgers.

So yeah, DePaul is my guess at this point for the BE home-and-home.

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Which leaves DePaul, Creighton, and Marquette, and none are showing signs of us yet:

http://whiteandbluereview.com/creighton-basketball-to-host-ohio-state-in-gavitt-games/v

"Creighton’s schedule is getting closer to being filled with potentially four or five games left to schedule.  In addition to Ohio State, the Bluejays will also host Gonzaga at the CenturyLink Center next season and go on the road to Nebraska and Oklahoma.

The Bluejays annual exempt tournament will be in the Cayman Islands Classic, Nov. 19-21.  The field includes St. Bonaventure,   Georgia, Clemson, Georgia State, Akron, Illinois State, and Boise State. Creighton will play 3 of those teams with a potential 4th non-bracket game at home or on the road if the schools agree on a matchup.

On the other end of the spectrum, we are also aware of a matchup at home against Montana and what appears to be an exhibition against former Creighton assistant Todd Eisner and his Winona State team.  The Bluejays will likely schedule the four remaining games as “buy” home games against lower D-1 schools.  Dates are still yet to be released on all of these games."

https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2018/5/15/17355384/2018-19-marquette-golden-eagles-mens-basketball-non-conference-schedule

Shows @Indiana, Southern, K-State, Wisconsin, UMBC, Buffalo, and Preseason NIT.

Can't find much on DePaul outside of the Penn State game, so they're my guess. Unless it's Seton Hall, which was also technically mentioned. But they're already showing @Nebraska, Wooden Legacy (CA tournament), Kentucky at MSG, and home games against Louisville and Rutgers.

So yeah, DePaul is my guess at this point for the BE home-and-home.

I'll take it. Would be fun to check out their new arena and spend a day or two in Chicago.

20 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-Xavier releasing their schedule now will cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth on here as to why we can't or don't 

Xavier releasing their schedule now only causes me much wailing and gnashing of my teeth because it serves as a yearly reminder that xavier is not on our schedule every year because we are not in the Big East yet. 

I actually wail and gnash my teeth daily over said topic. It is my cross to bear. 

Normally I'm a glass half full guy, but I see dark clouds on the scheduling horizon in the near future. The Big 10 is going to a 20 game conference schedule this season, and the ACC the following.  Now it is being reported that the Big East and Big 12 are discussing an alliance for scheduling 2 games per team each season.  This would in effect allow the 10 team conferences to schedule 20 high caliber games, without expanding.  The PAC 12 is discussing going to 20.  PAC 12  Deputy commissioner Jamie Zaninovich indicated recently that he’s “leaning” in favor of the change but wants to learn more.  If/when all the P5+1 schools have 20 conference games, that eliminates 2 OOC games. 

It looks like it will become more difficult to get quality opponents for H and H in the A10.  So what will the A10 do?  Perhaps an alliance with the AAC is one step.  Wichita State, Memphis, Cincy, SMU, UConn would be good, but Tulane?  Central Florida?  East Carolina?  USF?  Uhhh.  Take the good with the bad I guess.

The Mountain West wouldn't make much sense for an Atlantic Coast based league - but it would for SLU.  In the WCC, after Gonzaga, St. Mary's and BYU, there would be little to get excited about.  Portland v UMass, not much pizzazz there.  The Valley would sell best in STL, but not so much on the East Coast.  VCU v Valpo?  George Mason v Indiana State?

The nightmare would be MORE buy games, with the NC A&T, Samford and Sons, Campbell, Chicago State, and oh yes, Rockhurst filling up our future schedules.  Not a pretty picture. 

The NCAA can put a stop to this if they really care about fair scheduling given that they are using the lack of an SOS/RPI as a reason for selecting NCAA tourney teams.  They can not have it both ways.  If they allow this to continue then they will need to rethink how they select teams or open it up to more teams - maybe the top 3 or 4 from each conference going through a play in process.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

It looks like it will become more difficult to get quality opponents for H and H in the A10.  So what will the A10 do?  Perhaps an alliance with the AAC is one step.  Wichita State, Memphis, Cincy, SMU, UConn would be good, but Tulane?  Central Florida?  East Carolina?  USF?  Uhhh.  Take the good with the bad I guess. 

We did play Houston, a ranked team, this year. I guess will have the return match this upcoming season. Would love to have Memphis, Cincy & WSU on the schedule. Old Valley foes.

To get a P5+1 school to come to the Chaifetz is going to get near impossible.

42 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

We did play Houston, a ranked team, this year. I guess will have the return match this upcoming season. Would love to have Memphis, Cincy & WSU on the schedule. Old Valley foes.

To get a P5+1 school to come to the Chaifetz is going to get near impossible.

Oregon State this season

I think the Big East/Big 12 potential deal is for one game each between teams per year.  The Big 12 has the challenge with the SEC which they would view as the the 20th game in trying to get to a total of 20 P5+1 guaranteed games like the SEC and others would have when those conferences go to 20 game conference schedules.

Still, not a great deal for us.