2018-19 Schedule

ACE

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/loyola-chicagos-non-con-schedule-is-lacking-because-other-coaches-were-wrongly-afraid-to-schedule-the-ramblers/

This is an interesting article on the frustrations Loyola had this season on getting a P5 to schedule home and home.  Maryland is the only school that would bite, and that game is a neutral court game..  They are playing Richmond in a tourney and St. Joe.  (I wonder why no SLU?)  There is a rematch with Nevada, but it was mandated through the Mountain West / Mo Valley Challenge. 

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/loyola-chicagos-non-con-schedule-is-lacking-because-other-coaches-were-wrongly-afraid-to-schedule-the-ramblers/

This is an interesting article on the frustrations Loyola had this season on getting a P5 to schedule home and home.  Maryland is the only school that would bite, and that game is a neutral court game..  They are playing Richmond in a tourney and St. Joe.  (I wonder why no SLU?)  There is a rematch with Nevada, but it was mandated through the Mountain West / Mo Valley Challenge. 

-with it being Friday before a holiday weekend I will forgive Norlander for either sloppy writing or thinking Temple is still in the A10, I wish this article was not a Friday news dump piece as I think a good read for all bball junkies, Porter and every other non P5 coach that thinks they will be good might want to send this article , or their local paper's equivalent (not sure CFord could do this, wink wink), to every member of the Selection Committee so perhaps they can see the wringer non P5 teams have when  it comes to scheduling, of course, Norlander's employer did nothing to help Loyola as there are no made for tv games on their networks with the Ramblers

-as to why not SLU, sure, I would play 'em but I'm not making our schedule, but perhaps the biggest factor, do our available dates match? I doubt CFord would run for this sort of game

On 8/31/2018 at 9:00 PM, slu72 said:

The Mount West has a MO Valley matchup? Jees, who was asleep at the switch at the A10? We need a conf rivalry. MT West would have been a good one. We should call out the AAC and have one w/ them.

Having a conference match up with the AAC would be awesome. There are 4 institutions that would make easy drives for Bills fans (Memphis, Tulsa, Wichita State, and Cincy) plus two others that are easy flights and would have a lot of support (SMU and Houston.) 

The matchup would fit the "F*** the P5" dialogue that everyone is trying to drive. I love it all. (Even though I will always want the Bills in the Big East)

MattyMo213 and RamJAMTIME like this

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

The Pittsburgh game at Barclays Center on Wed. Nov. 21st is scheduled at noon E.S.T.

Day before Thanksgiving, but still unusual timing. Guess I'll be taking a long lunch that day.

Also odd that almost all of our bigger non-conference games are in the afternoon - Pitt, FSU, Houston, Oregon State. Only Seton Hall is a night game so far.

28 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Day before Thanksgiving, but still unusual timing. Guess I'll be taking a long lunch that day.

Also odd that almost all of our bigger non-conference games are in the afternoon - Pitt, FSU, Houston, Oregon State. Only Seton Hall is a night game so far.

The game is at noon because the Preaseason NIT tips off at 5 at Barclays.

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-schedule with game times is on SLUBillikens.com - note for those using it, the days of the week for most of the games are incorrect - I'm not really sure how this can happen

I just checked the website and it appears to me that all of the games and dates are shown on the correct day of the week.

This might be a dumb question, but what is the best place to sit in Chaifetz that isn't the student section. Just graduated last year, so my experience only comes from the student seats. Planning on coming down for Butler and wanted to see where to sit. Thanks for any help!

18 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

This might be a dumb question, but what is the best place to sit in Chaifetz that isn't the student section. Just graduated last year, so my experience only comes from the student seats. Planning on coming down for Butler and wanted to see where to sit. Thanks for any help!

Club seats behind the benches. All you can eat and drink. You're welcome.

johnbj14 likes this

50 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

i would think next to dr chaifetz would be a good seat.

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

There honestly isn't a bad seat in the house. Are you looking for a season ticket or just one-offs? If the former, I'd go to another event first and walk around and see what you like. My initial season tickets were up in the 200s across from the visitor bench, and then I moved down to the first row above the tunnel in one of the corners and liked those better.

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

Behind the basket nearest the Billikens bench is where the young alumni who buy the $99 season tickets are placed so might see some familiar faces if you buy there. 

59 minutes ago, Pistol said:

There honestly isn't a bad seat in the house. Are you looking for a season ticket or just one-offs? If the former, I'd go to another event first and walk around and see what you like. My initial season tickets were up in the 200s across from the visitor bench, and then I moved down to the first row above the tunnel in one of the corners and liked those better.

Just a one-off. Don't live in STL and can't get to anything there before that game unfortunately.