Hometown hero: Jayson Tatum

4 hours ago, TaLBErt said:

Quite frankly, I'd love to talk more about how he puts up empty stats and refuses to play team ball.

I've already stated that I'm not perfect and I think I stated public personality flaws. Those are fine too, but I've had enough of ESPN and Doris Burke telling me how perfect he is while all of the clear flaws are public knowledge.

Also, you're right. I don't post often. I see how people with differing opinions are treated on this message board and I've always been weary of being alienated from a board I spend a lot of time on. I went for it last night, and, well the results were predictable. This message board needs to realize that and unpopular hot take does not make someone a troll.

So you thought you had a hot take? Hot takes are really just people saying stupid Sh.t no one else will say ... Why? because it's stupid sh,t . I agree you had a hot take

Reinert310 likes this

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a celtics fan but I'm not a big Tatum fan.  I think he's miscast.  I liken him to James Worthy.  I don't think he is a #1 guy on a championship squad.  He did start playing defense this year.  I don't like the Celtic team composition either.  Brown and Tatum as foundation pieces isn't going to work out.

As far as his personal life that take is crazy.  He's been a millionaire since he was 19.  The only thing he did wrong was attempt to have a long term relationship.  He now has his mom living next door keeping the wolves at bay.

His beard is also awful.  The bubble has allowed several players to pursue some questionable hirsute styles.

10 hours ago, TaLBErt said:

Once again, he's 120% NOT a representative of Saint Louis University or the basketball program. You can say he is all you want, but show me how he has been a representative of Saint Louis University.

Enough already.......

On 9/19/2020 at 10:20 PM, willie said:

Talbert how did you like Tatum’s numbers tonight? Not bad for overrated player. 

The most impressive thing about Jason Tatum's game is his ability to push off with his off arm every time he drives to the basket and never get called for it. 

6 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

The most impressive thing about Jason Tatum's game is his ability to push off with his off arm every time he drives to the basket and never get called for it. 

And you wonder why we call you a troll. Still going on with this BS, but don’t respond to ANY OTHER THREADS! Unbelievable! 

1 minute ago, TaLBErt said:

Haha. Fair.

I've decided hating Tatum is going to be my shtick on this board, so get used to it.

It’s not a schtick. It’s trolling. Can a mod please remove this a-hole?

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

If no one responds he'll eventually get tired of talking to himself. Ignore feature works. You know he'll take a break from posting when his mom brings him dinner. 

Just now, slufanskip said:

If no one responds he'll eventually get tired of talking to himself. Ignore feature works. You know he'll take a break from posting when his mom brings him dinner. 

I just put him on ignore. But he basically just admitted to being a troll. Isn’t that grounds for at least a suspension. I put my faith in our great moderators. Not my decision to make. But at least we all know for sure now.

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

Dude. That's not very nice.

It's the off season and the Tatum's performance in the NBA playoffs is topical. If you engaged in debate instead of just blindly accusing people on the internet with different opinions of being trolls, the internet would be a much more fun place.

I'll help you out. You could say: "Tatum almost recorded a double double tonight!"

Now you try.

5 minutes ago, almaman said:

I think he does get away with the leading with his arm thing more than most because it seems so unthreatening as if he's protecting a birthday cake from the wind. The whole playoffs have been must see tv for me.

He undoubtedly gets a superstar whistle. Hell of a game tonight!

10 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

Dude. That's not very nice.

It's the off season and the Tatum's performance in the NBA playoffs is topical. If you engaged in debate instead of just blindly accusing people on the internet with different opinions of being trolls, the internet would be a much more fun place.

I'll help you out. You could say: "Tatum almost recorded a double double tonight!"

Now you try.

Nah. I’m good. You contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING positive to this board. But way to backtrack from “Haha. Fair. I’ve decided hating Tatum is going yo be my schtick on this board. So get used to it.” as soon as I started asking for your suspension. 

1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

Nah. I’m good. You contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING positive to this board. But way to backtrack from “Haha. Fair. I’ve decided hating Tatum is going yo be my schtick on this board. So get used to it.” as soon as I started asking for your suspension. 

Dude. You can't say you blocked me and continue to hit me up. Don't you see how stupid that makes you look? It's okay to admit you didn't watch the game.

5 minutes ago, TaLBErt said:

Dude. You can't say you blocked me and continue to hit me up. Don't you see how stupid that makes you look? It's okay to admit you didn't watch the game.

There’s an actual button that allows you to see posts from people you’ve ignored, smart guy. I didn’t watch the game tonight. I never made reference to the game tonight. I’ve only made reference to the content of your troll posts. You can play the victim as much as you want, but you’re not fooling anyone. When the only posts you EVER make on entire the board is to talk $h!t about something that, for all intents and purposes, has absolutely nothing to do with the Billikens, that makes you a troll. Sorry.

15 hours ago, Schasz said:

Very happy the Miami Heat took down the Celtics. They have two KY players in Bam and Tyler who played a big role in the series win. Now they get to see if they can do against LBJ and the Lakers. Go Heat!!!

Me too. The Heat are fun to watch. I'll be cheering for them against the Lakers. Pretty pumped for that series!

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, TaLBErt said:

Me too. The Heat are fun to watch. I'll be cheering for them against the Lakers. Pretty pumped for that series!

first decent post you have ever had at billikens.com.  congratulations!

2 hours ago, TaLBErt said:

I really just don't want to see the Lakers win.  I was rooting Celtics mostly because of Tatum (which I understand you disagree), but I also like to see Brad Stevens do well and think back on Rick's team whooping his butt.    I do think that Miami is a better matchup to take down the Lakers.  They have better size / strength / toughness to matchup with LeBron & AD.  They can throw any of Igoudala, Crowder, or Butler at LeBron to slow him down and Bam is probably as close as you can get to a defender who can slow down AD.  Miami will have to be wary of LeBron forcing Herro or Robinson into a switch because he'll cook those guys for sure.  However, I think Miami will zone a lot and force the Lakers to beat them from 3 point range.  I suspect keys to the series will be #1 how well Miami can rebound out of the zone, they may well get killed on offensive rebounds and #2 how well the Lakers shoot from 3, they're not a great shooting team (if I'm Miami I think ok with Rondo or Morris jacking 3s) and have guys who can be streaky (Danny Green).  Lakers have more key players who older (LeBron, Rondo, Howard) so it will be interesting to see if the more compact playoff schedule in the bubble leads to any fatigue issues for them especially if the series goes 6 or 7 games.