Foreman

slufan13

One issue needs to be made clear here. No one is hospitalized for asthma unless it is deemed to be possibly life threatening. People that go to the ER with asthma and dehydration are given fluids (possibly IV), epinephrine, and bronchodilators and observed for a couple of hours. They should be stable enough to go home afterwards with a prescription for bronchodilators and a requirement to see their Drs within a day or two. I hope all turns out well for DJ.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

One issue needs to be made clear here. No one is hospitalized for asthma unless it is deemed to be possibly life threatening. People that go to the ER with asthma and dehydration are given fluids (possibly IV), epinephrine, and bronchodilators and observed for a couple of hours. They should be stable enough to go home afterwards with a prescription for bronchodilators and a requirement to see their Drs within a day or two. I hope all turns out well for DJ.

What about:

Another factor that my doctors are still looking for which caused me to collapse....

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

What about:

There are hundreds of causes for syncope or black out. Again, there are black outs and there are black outs. Is the patient breathing?, does the patient have a pulse?, is the pulse rapid or irregular?, is there a measurable BP?, is there any evidence of trauma?, is he/she conscious and oriented?, and so on and so forth. In most cases the causes for syncope can be found in the ER, in some cases they cannot. Asthma can make things worse. Simple cases can be caused just by dehydration and can be dealt with by giving IV fluids in an outpatient basis. It is not clear why he should have been hospitalized for several days given the three conditions mentioned: dehydration, asthma, and syncope. There is nothing else I can say without a diagnosis or a statement of what they found.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

There are hundreds of causes for syncope or black out. Again, there are black outs and there are black outs. Is the patient breathing?, does the patient have a pulse?, is the pulse rapid or irregular?, is there a measurable BP?, is there any evidence of trauma?, is he/she conscious and oriented?, and so on and so forth. In most cases the causes for syncope can be found in the ER, in some cases they cannot. Asthma can make things worse. Simple cases can be caused just by dehydration and can be dealt with by giving IV fluids in an outpatient basis. It is not clear why he should have been hospitalized for several days given the three conditions mentioned: dehydration, asthma, and syncope. There is nothing else I can say without a diagnosis or a statement of what they found.

It could be BPPV

12 hours ago, Old guy said:

Out of curiosity old guy, what is your medical background?

This sucks. But what an amazing moment for DJ, obviously concerned about his own wellbeing, to be thinking of others in a less-fortunate predicament. What perspective this young man has. Truly someone who "gets it." 

Prayers to you, DJ. 

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

If you don’t follow DJ on instagram he is a great follow. He’s apparently into photography and has taken to the volunteering SLU athletics does with SPENSA. His electrifying spurts on the basketball court made him my favorite current Billiken last year, his work off the court has solidified my opinion and made him one of my top 10 favorite Billikens 

AGB91 likes this

34 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I have gone through  this already in the past, MD '71  Georgetown, Internal Medicine Residence "71-74 Georgetown, Post Grad Harvard MPH MS Immunology reserach. Worked corporate jobs, now retired. Happy gobillsgo?

Yes Bobby DJ is a good person as is clearly shown by his concern for others.

Lol no chill from Old Guy. I think gobillsgo was just curious. 

gobillsgo likes this

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I have gone through  this already in the past, MD '71  Georgetown, Internal Medicine Residence "71-74 Georgetown, Post Grad Harvard MPH MS Immunology reserach. Worked corporate jobs, now retired. Happy gobillsgo?

Yes Bobby DJ is a good person as is clearly shown by his concern for others.

Wasn’t an inquisition old guy, I just had not heard and was curious. It’s obvious you know what you are talking about. 

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

If you don’t follow DJ on instagram he is a great follow. He’s apparently into photography and has taken to the volunteering SLU athletics does with SPENSA. His electrifying spurts on the basketball court made him my favorite current Billiken last year, his work off the court has solidified my opinion and made him one of my top 10 favorite Billikens 

05 thank you for the information, there is a lot more to DJ than I knew, impressive.