PD Article on p 1 about Thor & other recruits

After all the complaints about MU earlier this week getting so much ink there was a nice article about Thor & TF's relationships in Iceland & about the rest of our class.  Amazed no topic started yet although I saw a brief reference by 06 I think in another thread.  

2 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

After all the complaints about MU earlier this week getting so much ink there was a nice article about Thor & TF's relationships in Iceland & about the rest of our class.  Amazed no topic started yet although I saw a brief reference by 06 I think in another thread.  

See my post, a few minutes before yours, in the Columbia Post-Disgrace thread.

And another piece online from Stu about Ford challenging everyone to become a 3 point shooter.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/ford-striving-to-make-every-slu-player-a--point/article_c11d272c-6238-53fe-bf31-4b036a1401f9.html

Additionally, Ford has apparently been making the rounds with the local TV sports folks.  Nice offseason pub the last couple of days.

Edit:  whoops, I see this article was posted in the other thread.

i am no longer able to view post articles since i refuse to be a subscriber.   another great move by the post.  

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i am no longer able to view post articles since i refuse to be a subscriber.   another great move by the post.  

You should be able to view them as long as you whitelist STLtoday on any ad-blocking service you have and also disable tracking protection.  I guess as long as properly targeted ads show, they make revenue; the lack of ads (or those that would be completely random because of tracking protection) cuts off a potential revenue stream, motivating them to seek revenue from a direct subscription.  I suggest you enable the ads but just ignore them, just as you would when you pick up the print version.

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

You should be able to view them as long as you whitelist STLtoday on any ad-blocking service you have and also disable tracking protection.  I guess as long as properly targeted ads show, they make revenue; the lack of ads (or those that would be completely random because of tracking protection) cuts off a potential revenue stream, motivating them to seek revenue from a direct subscription.  I suggest you enable the ads but just ignore them, just as you would when you pick up the print version.

no it says i have to be a subscriber and signed in to be able to view more than the headlines.   i have no ad-blocking service that i am aware of.  

Just now, billiken_roy said:

no it says i have to be a subscriber and signed in to be able to view more than the headlines.   i have no ad-blocking service that i am aware of.  

In Chrome, right click the icon with three vertical dots and open up an incognito window. Then you can browse stltoday.com without issue

1 hour ago, Major Majerus said:

-i like this and Earl and Rammer should be able to have a lot of fun with it, too

so you guys are saying the message from the post saying you have to be a subscriber to the post and signed in is bogus?   

05 if that is what you want to call it, yes that is what it is. Usually it is called privacy mode or something like it. Apparently it can be used to get around the issue of accessing the PD articles without subscription. I still subscribe to the PD so I have no issue accessing it, or the Washington Post either (the subscription to the PD  gives you access to the Washington  Post).

53 minutes ago, Old guy said:

05 if that is what you want to call it, yes that is what it is. Usually it is called privacy mode or something like it. Apparently it can be used to get around the issue of accessing the PD articles without subscription. I still subscribe to the PD so I have no issue accessing it, or the Washington Post either (the subscription to the PD  gives you access to the Washington  Post).

I did not know that about the Washington Post.

I have had access for the last couple of years, from news I find in the  net. When I click on them I can read them. However, I tried accessing the www.washingtonpost.com site and it will not let me in. Let's say the access may or may not work.