A10 Deficits

Taj79

one member of this comedy act seems to be off script -------------------------- roy.  it's okay to admit past time served .. the adoring masses will adore you more!

dlarry likes this

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The more I think about this, the safer I think that record of 298 is.

I started doing some quick math in my head and realized that we'd need about 9 steals per game to reach that number, and that's a tall task. Only 7 D-I teams would've beaten that 298 mark this past season and an average team ends up in the low 200s, with about 6 to 6.5 steals per game.

Anyway, this team should be one of our best ever in steals and may challenge that number, but I'd be shocked if they hit it.

And we only hit 9 or higher 5 times last season. 

I'm totally unsure how well our five freshmen will defend. High school defenses are typically passive zones.  Those that don't defend to Ford's standards will get to watch how it is supposed to be done from the bench.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

That's tough on Goodwin. I think he's north of 6-3, but maybe just because he has good overall size and length. He's definitely taller than Thatch, though.

This team will be unrecognizable compared to those two bad Crews teams and the first Ford year. They'll be the absolute bullies of the A10. We might get outrebounded every once in a while overall because that's just how things go, but I don't think any other team in the conference will be able to outdo this team physically. They'll have to beat us in other ways.

Foreman already showed us he can get his points in the A10, and he's the leanest and least physical of the frontline next season. Santos has a huge frame, we all know what French was like as a freshman, and Gordon's all-around athleticism as a forward is unmatched in the league.

Then you've got Goodwin and Bess, who both play big and aggressive at their positions, with Thatch and Jacobs backing them up, and the exact same could be said for these two.

JJ showed more willingness and ability to rebound this past season. Pearson doesn't strike me as a particularly tough or physical player but he hasn't needed to be yet because he's so long and skilled. Euros don't generally bring a tough, physical game to the table but Gudmundsson's brother at Davidson is a pest. Welmer just brings a different skill set to the table (assuming he plays).

-let's hope this and other skills lead us to a great season, we could use it

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

one member of this comedy act seems to be off script -------------------------- roy.  it's okay to admit past time served .. the adoring masses will adore you more!

i have actually done three terms.   first i was in ekker prison for four years.  just recently i served 2 years at crewsplatt bighouse.    and last i did 5 mos at the pestykraftystormy jail just this past year.   

SLU_Lax, TheDude and dlarry like this

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

Are these heights legit: J.Good 6'4", Jacobs 6'2", Thatch 6'4", Pearson 6'7", Johnson 6'7", Gordon 6'8", Foreman 6'7", French 6'7", Santos 6'8", Thor 6'4", Bess 6'6", Wellmer (if he suits up) 6'8"? If so, that makes for a pretty big athletic lineup for the A10.

S100-Towel-2.jpg

NextYearBill, dlarry and TheDude like this

58 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i have actually done three terms.   first i was in ekker prison for four years.  just recently i served 2 years at crewsplatt bighouse.    and last i did 5 mos at the pestykraftystormy jail just this past year.   

I don't which sentence was the worst. I'll pass on Ekker since I wasn't present for that debacle. The Dead's bighouse was especially painful, as it immediately followed 3 years of blissful freedom from bad hoops. To have that jerked away in an instant for 24 months of waterboarding and fingernail pulling was pure agony. Then after being released and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel to get cuffed by the pink pu$*y hat crowd put me in shock therapy.

dennis_w and billiken_roy like this

5 hours ago, slu72 said:

I don't which sentence was the worst. I'll pass on Ekker since I wasn't present for that debacle. The Dead's bighouse was especially painful, as it immediately followed 3 years of blissful freedom from bad hoops. To have that jerked away in an instant for 24 months of waterboarding and fingernail pulling was pure agony. Then after being released and seeing a light at the end of the tunnel to get cuffed by the pink pu$*y hat crowd put me in shock therapy.

SLU72, Taj and Roy;  You guys should take this show on the  road.  I would pay to watch this on Comedy Central!

On 4/16/2018 at 10:10 AM, Taj79 said:

Umass:  if I thought Duquesne was goofy, move over, here comes Umass.  Umass shows all 13 scholarships committed AND open offers to NINE more freshmen.  Nine.  Umass has seven of those guys all coming off redshirt years --- five transfers and then redshirts also for Unique McLean  as well as Rashaan  Holloway -- the 300 lb. giant from two years ago.  Much like Duquesne, this will be a mystery team for the first half of the year as we try to figure out who's doing what in Amherst.R

Malik Hines is a grad transfer now so they officially have an open spot.  Holloway would have been  the most likely transfer (BTW, he was not red-shirted this year--he played in the first semester and then was off the team because of academic issues) but maybe now he stays (he needs to do some better conditioning to prove he is worth a return I would think).    I think Baldwin was likely exploring transfer options (even with Holloway out never got much more minutes despite visibly being a "team player") but the fact that he has not announced anything leads me to believe he did not get any/many offers he liked.  Anyway, the guards are pretty set for UMass and they are looking to get help with bigs as soon as possible (recent beat article mentions them high on 6-10 Javan White's list and having some HS Senior bigs in reserve).