Columbia Post Disgrace

bauman

35 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Realistic dream scenario would be to meet Mizzery in the elite 8 and knock them out of a final 4 spot. Wouldn't get a whole lot sweeter than that unless it was the championship game. By the way does SLU have any octogenarian nuns that regularly go to our games? If not, Travis should recruit one.

No way Mizzery make it to the Elite 8.  The NCAA isn't even a sure thing and if they do get an invite. they will be a 9-12 seed.  They are going to pick up a lot of losses in a stacked SEC.  SPUMAC will underperform from its pre-season predictions.   As best I see for them, they have 3 high quality players-Tillmon, Porter and Watson.  I don't see any of their other guys able to crack our top 8 or 9.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, bauman said:

No way Mizzery make it to the Elite 8.  The NCAA isn't even a sure thing and if they do get an invite. they will be a 9-12 seed.  They are going to pick up a lot of losses in a stacked SEC.  SPUMAC will underperform from its pre-season predictions.   As best I see for them, they have 3 high quality players-Tillmon, Porter and Watson.  I don't see any of their other guys able to crack our top 8 or 9.

KJ Santos might be able to.  (I haven't seen him play.)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-guessing we offered CamRon Fletcher, in on-line article with the headline about two local schools not getting him (neither being us) we are also not listed in the teams that offered

SLU offered Cam'Ron Fletcher in September 2017 which would have been among his initial offers (behind Missouri State and Kansas State just a few days prior). We offered both Fletcher and Kobe Clark prior to their sophomore season. The coaching staff has done a nice job of being among the first offers for local kids (not sure it is much of a benefit, but could be perceived as a negative if we aren't).

Pistol likes this

38 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

SLU offered Cam'Ron Fletcher in September 2017 which would have been among his initial offers (behind Missouri State and Kansas State just a few days prior). We offered both Fletcher and Kobe Clark prior to their sophomore season. The coaching staff has done a nice job of being among the first offers for local kids (not sure it is much of a benefit, but could be perceived as a negative if we aren't).

Fletcher really put a lot of effort into that tweet