Columbia Post Disgrace

bauman

Looking at the online version of the PD today and they follow up their story of a couple of days ago on how well CM is doing and how hard he is working with a story today on the Mark Smith LOI.  Of course they still haven't spent any of their precious ink on either of the SLU LOIs, Thor and Jacobs.

It's nice that we get an occasional tweet from Stu on the Billikens but you can't tell me that he is trying to get an article printed on the SLU signees and being turned down by his boss.  Come on Stu-do your job.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, bauman said:

Looking at the online version of the PD today and they follow up their story of a couple of days ago on how well CM is doing and how hard he is working with a story today on the Mark Smith LOI.  Of course they still haven't spent any of their precious ink on either of the SLU LOIs, Thor and Jacobs.

It's nice that we get an occasional tweet from Stu on the Billikens but you can't tell me that he is trying to get an article printed on the SLU signees and being turned down by his boss.  Come on Stu-do your job.

Well SLU’s marketing department didn’t even release press releases or quotes from Ford on the two signees so let’s try and fix that first. 

JMM28 likes this

5 minutes ago, bauman said:

Ya wish we could get an up and coming journalist who is a SLU fan to write for them. Someone who would actually be plugged in & interested in what's going on. I have always felt like Stu doesn't have a real interest in SLU like many of us. He offers no real recruiting news, we have much more informational people on this site. His lack of interest just seems to add to that 'mid-major' feeling. Having a journalist who would contact players and write personal pieces (especially for the local players) would be awesome. Just my opinion

This is a bit like the chicken and the egg - which comes first - reporting on SLU or not enough people are interested in SLU to warrant printing anything.  I no longer get the daily paper so I have no idea if they print anything on SLU or not anymore.  I still get the Sunday paper and then they charge me for the online subscription automatically so I guess if I want to read it online daily I could but I just don't like reading whole papers on line - an article or two is fine. The other problem is that I am out of town often at my farm and so my on line contact is through my phone so that makes reading the paper and articles even harder for me.   We  have been told that Stu has lots of other assignments and so he does not have the time to devote much to SLU.  This may be true but at some point the paper has decide if they care to report on us or not or all they simply all in on MU.  Dave  M who writes for the MU beat worked hard and made himself relevant.  Stu really only has the BB season to do - no football - so why could the paper not just cut back on his assignments during the season only.  This problem has been going on for a long time and doubt any change will ever happen.

My rants about SLU's lack of coverage in the P-D around my house are daily.  They barely mention the baseball team that is now 25-9, with an 11-1 conference record.  There was just a tiny blip about the signing of the two basketball players, while they gave 500 word articles to both Missouri and Illinois about their hoops programs.  And then, on the day of Mizzou's spring football game, they print a front page article by Jeff Gordon on Mizzou basketball.  It just sickens me.  Stu tweets some stuff, but gets very little space in the paper.  I have never understood it...and never will.

5 minutes ago, GMan Alum said:

My rants about SLU's lack of coverage in the P-D around my house are daily.  They barely mention the baseball team that is now 25-9, with an 11-1 conference record.  There was just a tiny blip about the signing of the two basketball players, while they gave 500 word articles to both Missouri and Illinois about their hoops programs.  And then, on the day of Mizzou's spring football game, they print a front page article by Jeff Gordon on Mizzou basketball.  It just sickens me.  Stu tweets some stuff, but gets very little space in the paper.  I have never understood it...and never will.

Let me help you. St. Louis is a Mizzou town.  

14 minutes ago, MUTGR said:

That's why Mizzou got so many of the football kids from St. Louis this year right?  Even Dave Matter said there is no allegiance to Mizzou.  Your statement is just false.  

image.png.8390ca82a71d05c903f69961bba787df.png

10 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

That's why Mizzou got so many of the football kids from St. Louis this year right?  Even Dave Matter said there is no allegiance to Mizzou.  Your statement is just false.  

My life is a constant explanation of this when people ask me why I don't root for missouri in football.

Littlebill likes this

2 hours ago, MUTGR said:

Typical Missouri fan so happy for his teams he has to troll Billikens.com.

I have given up on the local paper, it is crap so I just do not care.  I get all of the information I need about the team on this site by the great posters an those that insert links to their posts.

When our team starts winning 20 plus games a season then the coverage will increase with the PD and I still will ignore it.

5 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Typical Missouri fan so happy for his teams he has to troll Billikens.com.

I have given up on the local paper, it is crap so I just do not care.  I get all of the information I need about the team on this site by the great posters an those that insert links to their posts.

When our team starts winning 20 plus games a season then the coverage will increase with the PD and I still will ignore it.

....and that would be next year!

3 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

I'm sure the post covers Mizzou because there are no Mizzou alumni in St. Louis. 

3 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like they wrote a release about the signings. I would assume they sent it to the Post.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211710829

Thanks. My mistake. My bad.  I searched the main slubillikens.com page and must’ve missed it. Did they tweet it out?

10 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Thanks. My mistake. My bad.  I searched the main slubillikens.com page and must’ve missed it. Did they tweet it out?

I don’t believe they tweeted it out. They did tweet about the signings, but it doesn’t look like they ever linked to the release.

Ok I read the whole thread and can confirm they did announce the signings on the 2nd p left column - short blurbs about stuff that doesn't rate a column.  It was credited to Stu.  I'm a hard print guy so I can't comment on the online stuff