Welcome Thor! Cue the Pitbull

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

Iceland is so small, they have a dating app that tells you if the person you're interested in is your cousin.

I guess foreign visitors are appealing in that there's no possibility of incest.

45 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Their also a country that many long term medical studies are conducted because of the genetic purity.

All this means is that there is a larger amount of inbreeding than what is seen in other bigger population pools within the relatively small population of Iceland.

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

No sweat Box, I hate to hear terms like "genetic purity." Stable gene pools are a much better way to describe this issue, which should not be confused with "genetic purity" as used in the 1930s and 1940s.

so you're saying you're anti-nazi? Is Old Guy the first Billikens.com poster to come out as anti-nazi?

It is not bad when applied to dogs, cats, horses or cows competing in a show. For people it is something I would stay away from.

This issue of the purebreeds and pure bloods has been a very long historical struggle. For example La Marsellaise ends with the lines "q'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons." My French spelling may be bad but the issue is that the nobility in Louis XVI's France called themselves "pur sang." Pure blood, purebreeds, all the  same thing, they deserved the guillotine and got it. Vive la France!

3 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

This will officially give us the top recruiting class in the a10

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

im guessing that was clinched the day that gordon signed his loi.

There would've been an argument to be made for Rhode Island, but they lost Brendan Adams from their 4-man class. He's Jaylen's younger brother, so I think SLU fans can all agree that we would like to see him stay as far away from the A10 as possible (he's visiting UConn this weekend).

So I think SLU's class would still get the edge, even though Dana Tate, Jermaine Harris, and Tyrese Martin are all staying committed to Rhody.

There's always the chance that Rhody or someone else lands a big fish this spring, but SLU still has a transfer to land, as well.

36 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Remember when people on this board really wanted Kevin Stallings.  Whatever issues guys have with Chris May, he has to get credit for hiring a coach with this sort of recruiting ability.

This is a good post. I was told time and time again Chris Mays number one choice was always TFORD

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

It is not bad when applied to dogs, cats, horses or cows competing in a show. For people it is something I would stay away from.

This issue of the purebreeds and pure bloods has been a very long historical struggle. For example La Marsellaise ends with the lines "q'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons." My French spelling may be bad but the issue is that the nobility in Louis XVI's France called themselves "pur sang." Pure blood, purebreeds, all the  same thing, they deserved the guillotine and got it. Vive la France!

Any comment on the treatment of Mudbloods? Asking for a friend I know named Harry.

Zink and DeSmetBilliken like this

25 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Willie, they do not need to count on Welmer, if he can play and plays well much the better. If not, there already is enough horsepower in the team for next year.

That’s my point. Just critiquing the words counting on.