UConn

2 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

nah UConn is the bigger draw..... every female basketball player and their sister in a 100 mile radius will be at that game. sellout guaranteed 

I am not even a chick and I plan on buying a ticket to the game.  It is it the UConn women's basketball team.  If you are a basketball fan, you go.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I won't go (absolutely no interest in attending a women's hoops game), but I will be interested to see what sort of crowd it draws. Have we had a sell out at Chaifetz (for a basketball game)? If not, it would be wild if the first one was a women's game.

8 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know I won't go (absolutely no interest in women's hoops) but I will be interested to see what sort of crowd it draws. Have we had a sell out at Chaifetz? If not, it would be wild if the first one was a women's game.

At least 7.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/article_701d9430-8c13-5a46-969f-597a08ca3ed1.html

7 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Thanks, everyone can ignore my above post now. I can't imagine that game selling out if it is the only game, but I guess others on this board would have a better sense than me.

58 minutes ago, doowop said:

Folkl was very good but could not do the same things on a basketball court that Collier does.  I watched Folkl for four years and Collier for the last six years.  Collier was born in a foreign country and her father was well known in his country.  She played her freshman year in Jefferson City and her last three at Incarnate Word Academy.  I believe the game will be close to sold out if not completely.  I believe what NextYearBill said is true.

thnx

4 hours ago, almaman said:

Better than Kristin Folkl?

That's the first thing I thought but I googled Kristen and I would say Collier has had the better collegiate basketball career. If I remember correctly Kristen went like 3 or 4 years and never lost a high school game in volleyball or basketball. I think she was also the National HS athlete of the year her Sr. year. I also noticed she's married to a law prof at SLU

57 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Billiken volleyball vs Stanford drew 6106.

over/under 6106 for Uconn 

I was at the Dayton Pink Out game a couple of years ago and I think it topped 10k. Also a Vball game a few years ago against Penn State (I think) topped 6k if I remember right

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I was at the Dayton Pink Out game a couple of years ago and I think it topped 10k. Also a Vball game a few years ago against Penn State (I think) topped 6k if I remember right

-I looked on the vball website in an attempt to find attendance for that Penn St match, I was there too, but didn't find it, but I remember there being a lot of people, don't know if it got to 10k

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I looked on the vball website in an attempt to find attendance for that Penn St match, I was there too, but didn't find it, but I remember there being a lot of people, don't know if it got to 10k

I was thinking 10k for the Dayton BBall pink out game. 6k for the Penn State Vball game

5 hours ago, slufanskip said:

9985, I got there early that night and I just remember seeing people continue to file in that night. 

What UCONN should have done to get a game in Saint Louis was to see if they could schedule Notre Dame in Saint Louis.

Could have played at Scottrade instead of Chaifetz.

Let's face it, a ND UCONN match-up would be a much better game and draw than UCONN SLU.

SLU's women's team just isn't up to the task of taking on one of the greatest basketball programs of all time.

Somebody said they might lose by 40, try 60.

Napheesa Collier won't be needed past halftime.

9 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

What UCONN should have done to get a game in Saint Louis was to see if they could schedule Notre Dame in Saint Louis.

Let's face it, a ND UCONN match-up would be a much better game and draw than UCONN SLU.

SLU's women's team just isn't up to the task of taking on one of the greatest basketball programs of all time.

SLU by 3

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

I know who you are. 

NextYearBill likes this

15 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I'm a huge men's basketball fan.

I am not really a women's basketball fan.  I don't really watch it on TV and haven't been to a SLU women's game in probably two decades.  That said, I think if you are a basketball fan you go when you get a chance to see a program like the UConn's women's team in person.  

After this game the interest will be gone for me.  I just think you go out and see a program like that one time.

51 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I know who you are. 

why would you care 05?   this loser is like some homeless person in the metrolink tunnels as far as im concerned.   he has zero worth.  

AGB91 and rgbilliken like this

58 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I know who you are. 

He’s to the point where he’s trying to get a reaction out of people here by saying UConn women’s basketball would kill SLU. That’s where the desperation has gotten. He’s lost. He’ll eventually take his L and be on his way