How many recruits did SLU soccer sign?

Just curious. I have looked and looked and can't find any announcement about the new recruits coming to SLU this year.

Over on www.stltoday.com SLU Talk some guy named stlwaino50 says that SLU will start winning National Championships again.

I am just curious about the recruiting class that is getting this started.

23 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

slubillikens.com

google.com

I did that. Turned up nothing.

So you are telling me that a team that has ten National titles in it's past hasn't recruited or signed anyone?

Surely they had an assistant coach recruiting while they were trying to find are placement for McGinty. Signing day has been almost two months come and gone.

I guess the answer is better players are not forthcoming.

Doesnt bode well for next season does it.

Per the recent Stltoday article on Kalish:

"Because of graduation and some injuries, Kalish is working with a group of 15 field players and three goalies for the spring season. The Billikens play at Indiana on April 7, host Missouri State on April 14, travel to Xavier on April 21 and finish against STLFC on April 29.

Five seniors have left and Kalish is finalizing his recruiting class, which he said could include a transfer or two. Brandon Santel (CBC) already is on campus and working with the team after transferring from Lipscomb."

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

I did that. Turned up nothing.

So you are telling me that a team that has ten National titles in it's past hasn't recruited or signed anyone?

Surely they had an assistant coach recruiting while they were trying to find are placement for McGinty. Signing day has been almost two months come and gone.

I guess the answer is better players are not forthcoming.

Doesnt bode well for next season does it.

Survey says - two, plus at least one transfer (Santel)

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/search/?query=saint+louis&search=Search&divisionId=&genderId=m&graduationYear=2018&positionId=0&playerRating=&stateId=All&pageNo=0&area=commitments

By the way, is Brandon Santel any relation to former Billiken, pro and current Billiken Assistant Mark Santel? I'm guessing the answer is "yes".

1 hour ago, William Iken said:

Survey says - two, plus at least one transfer (Santel)

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/search/?query=saint+louis&search=Search&divisionId=&genderId=m&graduationYear=2018&positionId=0&playerRating=&stateId=All&pageNo=0&area=commitments

By the way, is Brandon Santel any relation to former Billiken, pro and current Billiken Assistant Mark Santel? I'm guessing the answer is "yes".

He is Mark's son.  Mark was an All-American at SLU.  His uncle Chris was a really good player at SLU, too.  Chris played on some outstanding teams.

thetorch likes this

23 hours ago, brianstl said:

He is Mark's son.  Mark was an All-American at SLU.  His uncle Chris was a really good player at SLU, too.  Chris played on some outstanding teams.

I am assuming Brandon won't be much help since he didn't play at Lipscomb. 

The other two are only two and a three star. So not much to get excited about there unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, SLUBALLS said:

For those that follow ex-SLU players, Ream and Fulham FC have themselves on the verge of promotion in a tight race with Cardiff in the Championship.  Fulham has had a run of 20 games unbeaten with Ream a mainstay on the backline:  http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2018/april/13/tim-ream-good-energyAnd

Nice! I went a Fulham game about 13 years ago at Craven Cottage when they were in the EPL. Bocanegra and McBride were playing for them at the time. Great atmosphere, great stadium.

Fulham has been on an a absolute roll since getting Mitrovic on loan from Newcastle. The run started a few games before the loan, but Mitrovic really kicked it into overdrive.  

Ream has been playing the best soccer of his career during this run.  He has been named MOTM a bunch of times and some Fulham fans are calling him their player of the year.  Ream has now followed McBride in becoming another SLU fan favorite at Craven Cottage.

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Nice! I went a Fulham game about 13 years ago at Craven Cottage when they were in the EPL. Bocanegra and McBride were playing for them at the time. Great atmosphere, great stadium.

was the michael jackson statue still out front?

Billikens have a commitment from  John Klein, recently playing for the Portland Timbers Development squad.  Looks like Coach Kalisch has this team pointed in the right direction. 

I trust the self-proclaimed soccer expert TrollPants can provide the attributes of Mr. Klein, to those that don't have him on Ignore. (Unless he has been totally banned.)

21 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Billikens have a commitment from  John Klein, recently playing for the Portland Timbers Development squad.  Looks like Coach Kalisch has this team pointed in the right direction. 

I trust the self-proclaimed soccer expert TrollPants can provide the attributes of Mr. Klein, to those that don't have him on Ignore. (Unless he has been totally banned.)

Kalish has the team pointed in the right direction how?

John Klein? Never heard of him. My question would be what other schools were interested in him. That will tell his worth or not. I can only assume he wasn't good enough for the big club Portland Timbers so he is a wash out from the Academy. Just as the Billikens foreign players aren't good enough to make it in Europe.

Have seen Fulham three times in England.

Once against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge where I met Brian McBride afterwards.

Twice at Craven Cottage where I saw Manchester United (with Ronaldo) and Sunderland I believe ( Clint Dempsey's last game at Craven Cottage for Fulham).

Tim Ream is an embarrassment. He is part of the reason the US did not qualify for the World Cup. 

Not sure what Fulham and Tim Ream have to do with SLU soccer signings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Agree Bourban, this is a big WOW.  On behalf of TrollPants, who even though he can't post, religiously reads this board, we both say fine job Coach.  It will be interesting to watch Stiebel, USMNT U20 goalie.   

HoosierPal - How are you doing? Thank you for inviting me and telling me about this board.

I am sure all of these recruits were being recruited by IU, Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, Virginia, UCLA. Those are the school's beat out for these kids signatures.

I would be curious what other schools were recruiting these kids. That would tell a lot about how successful or not they will be.