Former Billiken in the news

brianstl

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwamain Mitchell's team Vostok-65 has won 11 games in a row and leads the Russian Superleague 1 with a 17-3 record.  Mitchell is averaging 25 ppg during the streak, and last week was the league's player of the week.  He is 4th in the league in points, assists, 5 in steals and is shooting 58% from the field.

philliken, GBL_Bills and Zink like this

On the bad news front, Willie Reed suffered a season ending shoulder injury last week, ending what was an excellent season in the G-league.  He was definitely on track for a ten day contract somewhere before season's end.  You can say what you want about Willie, but it seems like he has really finally matured and the people in SLC loved him.  He might be headed toward a career as a color analyst on A-10 games.

David King likes this

I assume these are televised, anyone know how to safely watch them online?

6 hours ago, BJK said:

https://twitter.com/illawarrahawks/status/1091310002072051712?s=12

https://twitter.com/illawarrahawks/status/1091303021449863169?s=12

Jett and Conklin both play for the Hawks and it’s great to watch them on the same court again!

12 hours ago, Bills71 said:

I assume these are televised, anyone know how to safely watch them online?

I mean, you can never truly be safe online!  There's jammers, stingers, blue waffles and cyberrapers, just to start!  The best you can do is safely stay on only AOL-sponsored sites.

MAOLGA - Make America Online Great Again

2 hours ago, jimbofive said:

I mean, you can never truly be safe online!  There's jammers, stingers, blue waffles and cyberrapers, just to start!  The best you can do is safely stay on only AOL-sponsored sites.

MAOLGA - Make America Online Great Again

4 out of 5 IT techs recommend this for safe surfing:

image.thumb.png.e35220ad1aba994c2d03d81ed322af7b.png

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

VERY NSFW Austin McBroom involved in more controversy. A whole lotta WHAT THE FUOK ?https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/tanyachen/dad-of-youtube-channel-the-ace-family-called-disgusting-for

The funny/sad thing is followers who are so into their celebrities that they apparently "don't know what to think" 

Ian Vouyoukas’s Greek Baskeball League team, Panathinaikos (Ian is team captain), had advanced to the league final this Sunday after their semi-final opponents walked out and forfeited at halftime in a protest over the refereeing.

Panathinaikos is coached by some nobody named Rick Pitino.

This is a really great episode with Conklin. Almost got me teary eyed a few times. Loved hearing him talk in detail about specific games/plays from the SLU days and hearing some more stories that I was not familiar with from his high school and pro careers.

I was YouTube-ing some clips while I listened that you all might enjoy as well...

Duke game (Nolan Smith dunk that Conk references is at the 1:07 mark):

The Screen (I know you all have seen this plenty of times, never gets old):

Press conference after MSU game:

Bonus clip - Majerus piece on ESPN when we hit #10 the following season:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this was mentioned but was just checking out 'In Memorium' section of the latest issue of Universitas, when you get to my age that one first sections you check out 😑 that Robin Jones passed away last summer. Robin played during the mid-70s when I attended SLU. He was a part of those great Harry Rogers teams. Had some NBA years with the Trailblazers (backup to Bill Walton) and the Rockets. 

RIP Robin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Jones_(basketball)

• 7 months later...
27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Anthony Drejaj is my personal favorite Billiken of all time and our conversation with him on the show cemented that. He’s a one of a kind dude, super genuine human being. I highly recommend going back and listening to that episode if you haven’t. If for no other reason but to get a better understanding of who is, where he’s been and where he’s going. He’ll go as far as he wants to in coaching. 

• 3 weeks later...