Former Billiken in the news

brianstl

50 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Willie Reed was selected by Salt Lake City affiliate of the Jazz in the 18 G League draft? Anyone understand this? 

first overall pick

https://gleague.nba.com/news/2018-nba-gleague-draft-time-date-players-101/

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m just struggling to understand how a player like Willie enters the draft again

Presumably anyone without an NBA contract at the start of the season can re-enter each year.

What's his alternative? Play overseas?

He's got a lot of factors working against him - the domestic violence arrest, the fact that modern NBA bigs can shoot and pass and there are fewer and fewer traditional centers each year.

His best hope is that some team gets decimated by injury and require the athleticism/rebounding that Willie brings to the table.

35 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Presumably anyone without an NBA contract at the start of the season can re-enter each year.

What's his alternative? Play overseas?

He's got a lot of factors working against him - the domestic violence arrest, the fact that modern NBA bigs can shoot and pass and there are fewer and fewer traditional centers each year.

His best hope is that some team gets decimated by injury and require the athleticism/rebounding that Willie brings to the table.

Doesn't he have a 5 game suspension pending?

• 3 weeks later...

I was playing around on Youtube and just searched 'Brian Conklin'; and found that Australia's NBL channel posts a ton of great content.  Theres a lot of videos featuring Conklin and Jordair.  Conklin was featured the last two weeks in their 'Dunks of the Week' videos.  (Ignore the one where Bogut posterizes Conklin though.)

Cool to see Jordair and Conk still sharing the court.  Anyways, if you're bored or feel like reminiscing, just letting you know theres some cool content out there.

Man I hesitated posting this but...

Willie Reed was selected #1 overall in the G League Draft. His first game with the Salt Lake Stars, he scored 34 points, 14 boards in only 27 minutes. Tonight, in his second game, he posted 31 points, 16 rebounds in 35 minutes.

He still has a 6-game suspension pending should he return to the NBA; but if he keeps producing he MAY get a shot.

Willie, you have another shot and could be the lone representative of SLU in the League. Do us proud. But good God, this is probably your last chance. Be smart. Play well. And keep your head down, and be smart. I hope he gets A payday.

25 minutes ago, philliken said:

Man I hesitated posting this but...

Willie Reed was selected #1 overall in the G League Draft. His first game with the Salt Lake Stars, he scored 34 points, 14 boards in only 27 minutes. Tonight, in his second game, he posted 31 points, 16 rebounds in 35 minutes.

He still has a 6-game suspension pending should he return to the NBA; but if he keeps producing he MAY get a shot.

Willie, you have another shot and could be the lone representative of SLU in the League. Do us proud. But good God, this is probably your last chance. Be smart. Play well. And keep your head down, and be smart. I hope he gets A payday.

I hope he doesn't have that same agent

Zeke Moore started Tulsa's first game, a win vs Alcorn State.  Had 4 pts, 3 Reb, 2 Stl, 1 Assist in 13 mins.

Miles Reynolds came off the bench and scored 6 pts (All free throws- classic Miles) in Oklahoma's win vs UT Rio Grande.

Milik Yarbrough scored 17 and had 9 boards off the bench in Illinois St W over FGCU.

Matt Neufeld is averaging 9.5 ppg in 2 losses for UC Davis.

Marcus Bartley started for SIUC vs Kentucky- scored 5 and had 4 assists.

Brett Jolly coming off the bench for local YMCA team- averaging 3 over the backboard layups per game-- sorry, couldn't help myself.

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

I thought Miles was pegged as a starter for OU? 

OU also got the GT guard from Maine and I believe he starts.  When I read about Miles transfer it said would be a good backup player.  Miles will be money in the last two minutes holding on to a lead.

slu72 likes this

1 hour ago, FromDaEastSide said:

To piggy back off of Torch’s work

Cory Remekun is with Lille Metropole in the French LNB Pro B league (2nd division) for his 2nd season with the club coming off the bench avg 11 ppg.

I knew I forgot someone.

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Davell Roby - Plays for Basket BRNO in the Czech Republic NBL, same league Kwamain Mitchell was MVP in a couple years ago.  So far his team is 3-6 in the NBL and 1-3 in the Alpe Adria Cup, a play in for the EuroCup comprised of teams from Czech, Austria, Poland, & Hungary.  Roby is a starter and averaging 10 points, 2 assists and 4 rebounds. Brno is the 2nd largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of 377k.

I’ve been to Brno. Nice city. Obviously it’s not Prague, but i thought that it had a nice city center area. Good for Davell.