Former Billiken in the news

brianstl

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I'd prefer to keep this thread for news about guys who finish as Billikens and not include guys who transfer out of the program.

I think that makes sense and I agree, but I doubt it will actually happen unless you have the time/energy to police it and move posts to the correct threads.

You could have 2 threads: one for "News about former Billikens who finished as Billikens" and another thread for "News about former Billikens who transferred".

The question becomes where do you post about a guy like Willie Reed?  I guess he technically finished his college career as a Billiken even if he didn't graduate.  What about Femi John who played for SLU, got injured, was a student coach, and then later played at UMSL?  Similarly, what about a hypothetical grad transfer who played 3 years at SLU, graduated, and played his final year elsewhere (I guess this is sort of like Grandy Glaze, but I'm thinking of a potentially more popular player)? 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yarbrough's suspension was discussed in the CollegeHoops144 thread.

I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I'd prefer to keep this thread for news about guys who finish as Billikens and not include guys who transfer out of the program.

I'm glad it was posted here, as I largely ignore that 144 thread and because it's more relevant here.

DirtyRican likes this

17 minutes ago, davidnark said:

Let's just keep all posts about former Billikens here regardless of how, where, and when they became former. This would include graduates, dropouts, early NBA declarers, grad transfers, expulsions, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I'm glad it was posted here, as I largely ignore that 144 thread and because it's more relevant here.

Like I said, I was curious to see how others felt.  Now that others have weighed in, I'll accede.

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. 

made me laugh 05

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me. 

wasnt my intention, but i can see that.  i am sure you will continue to work on upholding your esteemed lack of quality input.

Ironbills likes this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I think that makes sense and I agree, but I doubt it will actually happen unless you have the time/energy to police it and move posts to the correct threads.

You could have 2 threads: one for "News about former Billikens who finished as Billikens" and another thread for "News about former Billikens who transferred".

The question becomes where do you post about a guy like Willie Reed?  I guess he technically finished his college career as a Billiken even if he didn't graduate.  What about Femi John who played for SLU, got injured, was a student coach, and then later played at UMSL?  Similarly, what about a hypothetical grad transfer who played 3 years at SLU, graduated, and played his final year elsewhere (I guess this is sort of like Grandy Glaze, but I'm thinking of a potentially more popular player)? 

Willie Reed, Femi John, and Grandy Glaze are forever Billikens, in my opinion.  But, though they did play for SLU before transferring, I don't hold Yarbrough, Marcus Bartley, and Miles Reynolds in as high of an esteem.

Unfortunately, we never got to see Femi John at his best as a Billiken.

Question for anyone who's seen:  On the pro-team roster(s) of which Adonys Henriquez has been a member, what does he list for college?  I'm guessing it would be Central Florida.

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Willie Reed, Femi John, and Grandy Glaze are forever Billikens, in my opinion.  But, though they did play for SLU before transferring, I don't hold Yarbrough, Marcus Bartley, and Miles Reynolds in as high of an esteem.

Unfortunately, we never got to see Femi John at his best as a Billiken.

Question for anyone who's seen:  On the pro-team roster(s) of which Adonys Henriquez has been a member, what does he list for college?  I'm guessing it would be Central Florida.

Only one I've ever seen lists his college as SLU

I didn't view this thread as a depository for just feel-good news about former 4-year Billikens. Perhaps the most interesting news to many is contemporaneous updates regarding transfers who are currently playing for other schools or teams. 

3 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I missed this, but apparently Milik Yarbrough got arrested again. 

Getting back on track with former Billiken news I remember reading posts about MY stating he has basketball skills and no brain and once again he proves those posters correct.  I am glad he transferred, what an idiot he will carry around his reputation as trouble with him forever now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...