Former Billiken in the news

brianstl

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that the exchange rate will go up and down with time. You must also understand that the credit card will tack percentage fee on this transaction to cover the currency conversion. Suggest you use Visa or Master Card to purchase the item, Europeans have problems at times with Discover and Amex.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loe chose not to resign with the Breakers.  That club is always broke and is trying a different approach.  They hired Jonathan Givony of Draft Express as their head scout and are going to a 5 out positionless team.  Loe walked along with most of their other big men.  They want to start a lineup 6'6 players and under.

Ellis is on an injury callup.  He's been a deep reserve for his career so I'm not surprised he is getting passed over.  He would be better served going overseas to recharge his career but he and his family own and run the minor league team he plays for.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Loe chose not to resign with the Breakers.  That club is always broke and is trying a different approach.  They hired Jonathan Givony of Draft Express as their head scout and are going to a 5 out positionless team.  Loe walked along with most of their other big men.  They want to start a lineup 6'6 players and under.

Ellis is on an injury callup.  He's been a deep reserve for his career so I'm not surprised he is getting passed over.  He would be better served going overseas to recharge his career but he and his family own and run the minor league team he plays for.

Hasn’t Cody had some kind of serious injury every year or does it just seem like it?

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Interesting. Thanks for the rundown. I’m bummed I can’t get a breakers jersey with Loe because Barstool big cat is a part owner 

6 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Interesting in that  he was filling in for Rob Loe on NZ international team duties.  SLU buddies still helping each other out.  Nice.

mhg

Does Cody have dual citizenship now?  He was born an Aussie.  He would have to gain citizenship in New Zealand to play for them internationally, right?

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Yes I know. I stated that in my post. That is why I was confused by billikenboosters sentence which said Cody wa filling in for Loe on NZ international duties. Bb needed a comma and a “who was” added in. 

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don’t see the issue

I actually read it the same way as Hoosier initially since I didn't read the article linked by ucan2 and then re-read it thinking "wait a minute Cody isn't from NZ" and I got what Billikenbooster was trying to say.  You both have a point - Hoosier's that Billikenbooster could have stated it more clearly and 05's that Hoosier should have just read it correctly knowing Cody is not from NZ and/or looked back at the ucan2 article for more context and realized Cody was no in fact playing for the NZ national team.

The subsequent pissing match is not necessary.  

28 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I actually read it the same way as Hoosier initially since I didn't read the article linked by ucan2 and then re-read it thinking "wait a minute Cody isn't from NZ" and I got what Billikenbooster was trying to say.  You both have a point - Hoosier's that Billikenbooster could have stated it more clearly and 05's that Hoosier should have just read it correctly knowing Cody is not from NZ and/or looked back at the ucan2 article for more context and realized Cody was no in fact playing for the NZ national team.

The subsequent pissing match is not necessary.  

There in no pissing match. 05 is simply being 05. It’s done. 

Ironbills likes this

19 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I missed this, but apparently Milik Yarbrough got arrested again. 

Yarbrough's suspension was discussed in the CollegeHoops144 thread.

I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I'd prefer to keep this thread for news about guys who finish as Billikens and not include guys who transfer out of the program.