Former Billiken in the news

brianstl

I wish Thon Maker would have connected on one of his flying kicks on one of those little cheap shot artists.  Nearly every punch taken by one of the Australia guys was a coward-ass blind punch by the Phillipines or someone on their crew.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 7:58 PM, FromDaEastSide said:

Can we just offer 2y/o Benson Conklin right now? Time to start the Class of 2033 recruiting thread.

Benson Conklin is tall for his age and doctors project him to grow between 6-10 and 7-2, said Kristina”

You beat me to saying the exact same thing.  I hope his dad is already teaching him how to set picks.

11 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Willie will be playing in the final four of TBT tonighy on espn. 

Thanks for posting.

Willie plays for a team called Eberlein Drive. It looks like their top dog is Jerome Randle with some solid names including Willie, James Michael McAdoo, Taylor Braun, Osiris Eldridge, Jeremy Evans, Christian Watford, and Lou Amundson currently playing (had some other big time players playing earlier in the tournament like Donald Sloan and Alex Kirk). They play Team Fredette (led by Jimmer and also have Brandon Davies, Jack Cooley, Ra'Shad James, and Jordan Crawford) tonight at 9:00 pm EDT.

Man Willie is barely even playing in this semi-final game. And when he has, he’s not performing how you’d hope. I think he only has 2 points. If he’s not able to get serious minutes in a TBT game, how can he hope to get back in the association? Especially having to serve a suspension once he is signed.

hopefully his team holds on tonight and can win tomorrow. A share of that $2M might be needed.

heres hoping Willie finishes the tourney strong.

29 minutes ago, philliken said:

Man Willie is barely even playing in this semi-final game. And when he has, he’s not performing how you’d hope. I think he only has 2 points. If he’s not able to get serious minutes in a TBT game, how can he hope to get back in the association? Especially having to serve a suspension once he is signed.

hopefully his team holds on tonight and can win tomorrow. A share of that $2M might be needed.

heres hoping Willie finishes the tourney strong.

Willies team wins and will face the 3-time reigning champs tomorrow night. I think Willie played <2 minutes in all of the 2nd half.

Willie just got t’d up, and then left the gym... he was upset that he didn’t get a foul call (he was definitely fouled) and screamed at the ref for a bit. 

Edit: he’s back on the bench. Guess he just needed to cool off. 

Willie didn’t play after the technical. He looked a bit lethargic out there honestly. Rebounded really poorly, not really boxing out or watching for people crashing. Also failed to block some shots that you would’ve expected him to help with. As quailman noted, they ended up losing.