Maybe one day we can get where Loyola has gotten

59 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

now that you mention it, while all the other slu staff sit in the stands usually at least 8 rows or more back, and biondi did as well, but pesty thinks he deserves floor seats?   i hope he is personally writing a check for that location.   

He has seats about eight rows behind Gus near botc He used the floor seats as a refuge from criticism of s2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheese--- I took your "fair" comment as good, as in fair.  Not fair, as in fair to middlin'.  As an avid fan and true blue supporter, I understand my opinion is on the fanatic side of SLU fan.  Ergo, I think I'min the majority as are most on this board.  I also know ..... I'm not as far as the majority of SLU seems to be.

3 hours ago, TheOldie said:

He did not use the floor seats as a refuge - I saw him many times the season before sitting there - Ford's first year.  I just assumed that was were he sat.  He would be glad handing and visiting with people.  I have even seen him sit there with his wife - at least I assume it is his wife.

5 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

now that you mention it, while all the other slu staff sit in the stands usually at least 8 rows or more back, and biondi did as well, but pesty thinks he deserves floor seats?   i hope he is personally writing a check for that location.   

Wow . There may be a lot to criticize Fred for but where he sits?I find him very visible at games . Glad handing bigwigs, visiting students. It might be phony but he’s trying. Let’s save the criticism for real things like the title 9office. 

On 3/25/2018 at 11:16 PM, Billiken Rich said:

What the hell does that even mean.........

Great guy, solid fundamentals as a coach... recruiting... another story. Appreciate the opportunity to shed more light. 

On March 26, 2018 at 9:27 AM, cheeseman said:

So you believe that Crews knew this and just figured why waste my time.  Sorry, if that was true that is a terrible approach to recruiting.  I would be in SLU's advantage to even still be in the hunt in the public's mind.  

I actually think he was prudent in his usage of resources.

Why put resources into a recruit where you are disadvantaged at almost every turn.

Duke is a better school than SLU. The basketball program is light years ahead of SLU's basketball program.

Duke basketball plays in a much better conference than SLU.

The only thing SLU had going for it was the father and Larry Hughes played there. 

If Larry Hughes and Justin Tatum would have advised Jayson to go to SLU - that would have been stupid.

Jayson didn't even make an official visit to SLU.

People said if Jayson would have went to SLU other players like him have would have followed - that didn't even work when Larry Hughes went to SLU.

The Tatum family were very kind to SLUas they should have been. There was no reason to be mean and unkind to SLU.

David Lee andBradley Beal NEVER considered SLU. Are they BAD for not doing so. No they are not. SLU just is not a destination for those type of players.

14 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

I actually think he was prudent in his usage of resources.

Why put resources into a recruit where you are disadvantaged at almost every turn.

Duke is a better school than SLU. The basketball program is light years ahead of SLU's basketball program.

Duke basketball plays in a much better conference than SLU.

The only thing SLU had going for it was the father and Larry Hughes played there. 

If Larry Hughes and Justin Tatum would have advised Jayson to go to SLU - that would have been stupid.

Jayson didn't even make an official visit to SLU.

People said if Jayson would have went to SLU other players like him have would have followed - that didn't even work when Larry Hughes went to SLU.

The Tatum family were very kind to SLUas they should have been. There was no reason to be mean and unkind to SLU.

David Lee andBradley Beal NEVER considered SLU. Are they BAD for not doing so. No they are not. SLU just is not a destination for those type of players.

I don't disagree with most of this, but I believe Tatum did take an official visit to SLU.

The last time I checked SLU is in the city of St. Louis. HOME. Mom and Grandma could go to every game. Imos Pizza. I was told that up until the final few days the SLU staff thought he was coming. As it turns out thank God he didn't come. Crews would have been around for another 2 years. 

2 hours ago, willie said:

The last time I checked SLU is in the city of St. Louis. HOME. Mom and Grandma could go to every game. Imos Pizza. I was told that up until the final few days the SLU staff thought he was coming. As it turns out thank God he didn't come. Crews would have been around for another 2 years. 

Perhaps more if the coffers filled up to dollar amount that satisfied Chris May. A deep tourney run would have covered it.

Also, 05, I’m going to continue to post here regardless of your Peter Pan antics, so find another hobby. You are such a child. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Perhaps more if the coffers filled up to dollar amount that satisfied Chris May. A deep tourney run would have covered it.

Also, 05, I’m going to continue to post here regardless of your Peter Pan antics, so find another hobby. You are such a child. 

I can’t help it if all your posts are bad.

Billiken Rich likes this

23 hours ago, willie said:

Yet he rejected home didn't he? Rejected mom. Rejected Grandma. Rejected Imo's.

Rightfully so though.

In terms of Tatum making an official visit - I have yet to see any evidence of that.

I have looked and cannot find a story or a tweet to that effect.

You would think Stu would have done an article, right? Cusamano would have done a story. Some kind of proof.

Maybe it was a secret official visit.

2 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Rightfully so though.

In terms of Tatum making an official visit - I have yet to see any evidence of that.

You would think Stu would have done an article, right? Cusamano would have done a story. Some kind of proof.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/is-slu-a-real-contender-for-jayson-tatum/article_06d2378b-89e4-5e43-a32b-232441f9a993.html

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

4 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Rightfully so though.

Very common for local kids not to use an official visit to visit a school close by.  They often take unofficials to retain all 5 for schools farther away.

9 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Very common for local kids not to use an official visit to visit a school close by.  They often take unofficials to retain all 5 for schools farther away.

But he did take an official to SLU.  It's when he rode around in the golf cart and the students chanted "Saint Tatum".

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/basketball/tatum-serenaded-by-slu-faithful-freshmen-open-eyes/article_a85f809a-ed59-11e4-acba-4b5c94621864.html

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/jayson-tatum-feels-tug-of-hometown-school-saint-louis-but-are-billikens-legit-contender-for-him

Edit:  David said unofficial and official but pretty sure that was official when they chanted.  

Edit again:  Looked at the 2016 forum and no idea anymore.  Either way he wouldn't have needed the travel expense or stay overnight which I think is big part of official visit.  

27 minutes ago, ChangeOfPace said:

good job Change of pace.   my guess is that tilkey will never acknowledge you posted the proof he demanded.   and in a month or so if the subject comes up again he will say, "no one has ever proven to me that tatum took an official visit to slu".   tilkey is the most morally corrupt poster i have ever witnessed on any messageboard. 

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

But he did take an official to SLU.  It's when he rode around in the golf cart and the students chanted "Saint Tatum".

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/recruiting/basketball/tatum-serenaded-by-slu-faithful-freshmen-open-eyes/article_a85f809a-ed59-11e4-acba-4b5c94621864.html

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/jayson-tatum-feels-tug-of-hometown-school-saint-louis-but-are-billikens-legit-contender-for-him

Edit:  David said unofficial and official but pretty sure that was official when they chanted.  

Edit again:  Looked at the 2016 forum and no idea anymore.  Either way he wouldn't have needed the travel expense or stay overnight which I think is big part of official visit.  

On an unofficial visit you can still ride around campus on a golf cart.  You are not restricted from getting the same on campus treatment as long as it is not a dead period.  Yes the travel and the spending the night are primarily what separates an official from an unofficial.

9 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

On an unofficial visit you can still ride around campus on a golf cart.  You are not restricted from getting the same on campus treatment as long as it is not a dead period.  Yes the travel and the spending the night are primarily what separates an official from an unofficial.

Curious, are you allowed a meal? Also does the meal have to be comparable to what student/athletes generally eat (in other words, what served in the cafeteria-no extravagant restaurants)? 

6 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Curious, are you allowed a meal? Also does the meal have to be comparable to what student/athletes generally eat (in other words, what served in the cafeteria-no extravagant restaurants)? 

you are allowed  meals but will have to pay for it or pay for your portion of it.