GDT - Billikens Turn Wildcats into Mildkittens

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SouthSide_Billiken said:

Aldridge won't repeat this performance in shootaround tomorrow. 

Why is that twice this year we get a player going insane (Adams, now aldridge)

And why doesn't hines just drive into Aldridge's chest and at least get some fouls. Should have been doing that at the 5 minute mark first half.

Just now, gobillsgo said:

You understand he is Conference POY for a reason, right?

Yes, but even great players/scorers can pick up fouls. Was he not playing defense on anyone? Standing up at half court with his hands at his hips. No excuse to not at least TRY to get him in foul trouble.

Well next year could win conference. The shame is we would have won it this year with the full squad. And before situation 2, I don't think many here believed that. We were this close to the top without all those players. Hopefully we have enough guards next year.

14 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

And why doesn't hines just drive into Aldridge's chest and at least get some fouls. Should have been doing that at the 5 minute mark first half.

How is it possible that the conference co-player of the year could have a great game against us and Welmer could be as good as Aldridge.

You are having a stellar night.

Just now, brianstl said:

How is it possible that the conference co-player of the year could have a great game against us and Welmer could be as good as Aldridge.

You are having a stellar night.

I didn't say he couldn't have a great game. I said we didn't attempt to get him in foul trouble and stop his great game. Welmar has skills, you never know

Just now, billikenbill said:

Bills 10-10 from the stripe, 10-22 from the arc. Crazy we weren't competitive with numbers like that.

And Davidson was only 11-23 from 3.  The difference in the game was points in the paint-- Davidson had 28 to our 12.  They kept exploiting that backdoor cut and getting easy looks all night, while we had to fight for every bucket down low. 

1 minute ago, mrjoelabs said:

I didn't say he couldn't have a great game. I said we didn't attempt to get him in foul trouble and stop his great game. Welmar has skills, you never know

20 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Except you did.

Finally the book is closed on this season. A very tough one for Billiken fans, players and coach Ford.  I applaud the effort of the players and outstanding leadership of coach Ford.  I greatly appreciate the efforts of Roby and wish this had been an NCAA season for him.... it really should have been.   I also appreciate the efforts of Hines, who accomplished an unbelievable amount for a walk on.