GDT - Billikens Turn Wildcats into Mildkittens

27 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Why is that twice this year we get a player going insane (Adams, now aldridge)

And why doesn't hines just drive into Aldridge's chest and at least get some fouls. Should have been doing that at the 5 minute mark first half.

Except you did.

Yea because its unfortunate that we had the worst luck that other than the OT game they both had their BEST days against us. Doesn't mean he can't have a good game. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Finally the book is closed on this season. A very tough one for Billiken fans, players and coach Ford.  I applaud the effort of the players and outstanding leadership of coach Ford.  I greatly appreciate the efforts of Roby and wish this had been an NCAA season for him.... it really should have been.   I also appreciate the efforts of Hines, who accomplished an unbelievable amount for a walk on. 

Well said, plus 1 million.

14 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Finally the book is closed on this season. A very tough one for Billiken fans, players and coach Ford.  I applaud the effort of the players and outstanding leadership of coach Ford.  I greatly appreciate the efforts of Roby and wish this had been an NCAA season for him.... it really should have been.   I also appreciate the efforts of Hines, who accomplished an unbelievable amount for a walk on. 

Amazing season by the team given what they were dealt.   The young men on SLU's team never gave up despite one thing after another thrown at them.  Proud to be a Billiken fan.  Goodwin, Bess, Johnson, Foreman and French should come back stronger next season in both body and mind.  And with the incoming Freshmen, Santos and players to still be added, this squad is a real threat for the NCAA Tournament next season.  And thanks to Roby, what a warrior, and Hines .... true Billikens to be proud of.

mrjoelabs likes this

9 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:
  27 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Why is that twice this year we get a player going insane (Adams, now aldridge)

And why doesn't hines just drive into Aldridge's chest and at least get some fouls. Should have been doing that at the 5 minute mark first half.

Except you did.

Yea because its unfortunate that we had the worst luck that other than the OT game they both had their BEST days against us. Doesn't mean he can't have a good game. 

Except, Aldridge has had games where he scored 37 and 38 in addition to the 42 in the overtime game.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Except, Aldridge has had games where he scored 37 and 38 in addition to the 42 in the overtime game.

You know Brian, you outta be a hack judge . Because if you were you'd convicting people right and left for saying things in the heat of passion like "I'm going to beat you up" or "i wish you would jump off a bridge etc"  I was upset he was tearing us up, and said why does this happen to us...and we need to get fouls on him. You respond by pulling info like you are writing a research paper. And of course ignore my other positive comments.   I wonder if people here have lives sometimes or understand actually being a fan..

How about we all just say...March or bust next year. Ford is a great coach and with a full roster we can win this conference. And Aldridge and Adams will be gone in what should be a down league. 

4 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Unless we go to the CBI...does that do anything for anyone? Gives Roby a chance for post season play.

No, no, no.  Ford and staff need to be recruiting.  The players have to be exhausted.  Time to end this season.

Just now, mrjoelabs said:

You know Brian, you outta be a hack judge . Because if you were you'd convicting people right and left for saying things in the heat of passion like "I'm going to beat you up" or "i wish you would jump off a bridge etc"  I was upset he was tearing us up, and said why does this happen to us...and we need to get fouls on him. You respond by pulling info like you are writing a research paper. And of course ignore my other positive comments.   I wonder if people here have lives sometimes or understand actually being a fan..

You pull the same BS all the the time.  You only post will SLU is getting drilled by some team.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

You pull the same BS all the the time.  You only post will SLU is getting drilled by some team.

Even though I posted all the way through the win last night and gave Ford tons of credit.   Do you and the "blue warrior" and a few others have little chats because you don't like outsiders in your little club. I made a nice comment about next year to try and end this, yet you continue to be negative. And you called me out...for no reason. I was just posting about the game. If my username was different you would have no issue. But blue warrior or someone else decided along time ago that i'm not one of the boys, so anything I say is wrong automatically.

Great way to spread camaraderieand fandom...   I Have scarcely missed a bills game since 1999. From Love, to Anthony Drejaj. Marque, Reggie, Lisch, Liddel, Brett Thompson, Ian Voyukas, Willie, Kwamain, Jett Evans and the crews crap to present I have been there and lived and died with the team. Sorry I don't post as much as you do because I actually have a life and I don't need to be an internet tough guy.   Its OK to be wrong Brian....Jees.

This is not the time to exchange bad words among ourselves guys. We closed the season today. It was a very tough season, made a lot worse by unfortunate events and and suspensions that eliminated a lot of our team's strength. The kids left behind, the  "Magnificent Seven" did a great job and learned a whole lot about giving their all and facing adversity. They are a tough team which is very good but which cannot do miracles. To the team thank you very much for all you did this year and for the way you faced playing against sometimes much better opponents. To Ford and the coaching staff, thank you for your achievements in getting our team to achieve what they did this season. We did better than a lot of us expected back in January. Next year will be better. Go Bills!

5 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is not the time to exchange bad words among ourselves guys. We closed the season today. It was a very tough season, made a lot worse by unfortunate events and and suspensions that eliminated a lot of our team's strength. The kids left behind, the  "Magnificent Seven" did a great job and learned a whole lot about giving their all and facing adversity. They are a tough team which is very good but which cannot do miracles. To the team thank you very much for all you did this year and for the way you faced playing against sometimes much better opponents. To Ford and the coaching staff, thank you for your achievements in getting our team to achieve what they did this season. We did better than a lot of us expected back in January. Next year will be better. Go Bills!

Props to you and I agree 100 percent

9 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Even though I posted all the way through the win last night and gave Ford tons of credit.   Do you and the "blue warrior" and a few others have little chats because you don't like outsiders in your little club. I made a nice comment about next year to try and end this, yet you continue to be negative. And you called me out...for no reason. I was just posting about the game. If my username was different you would have no issue. But blue warrior or someone else decided along time ago that i'm not one of the boys, so anything I say is wrong automatically.

Great way to spread camaraderieand fandom...   I Have scarcely missed a bills game since 1999. From Love, to Anthony Drejaj. Marque, Reggie, Lisch, Liddel, Brett Thompson, Ian Voyukas, Willie, Kwamain, Jett Evans and the crews crap to present I have been there and lived and died with the team. Sorry I don't post as much as you do because I actually have a life and I don't need to be an internet tough guy.   Its OK to be wrong Brian....Jees.

Here some advice if you don’t respond to every negative post and look at as just there opinion you will enjoy this site a lot more.  Right fighting on this site takes away what we all have in common and that is the love for Billiken Basketball.  I learned the hard way when I first started posting adjusted and enjoy the site.  

7 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

I’m pretty sure that it’s a dead period for recruiting during the NCAA tournament. 

Plenty of state championship tourneys going on now, no one can stop you from sitting in the stands.

You have to believe some diamonds in the rough are still around. Players that blossomed in the senior year. Still would love to find a pure point guard.