St. B over the Bills by 4

Before I get started ... in the other game that matters today.....GM over Rich by 2

In this game , St. B comes in at B+....while the Bills continue to hold onto B-...A win could lock us in as a B- team for the year. ...a loss means we would have to do some damage in the tourney to finish at B-.  Meanwhile, St. B is coming off a triple OT win over Davidson and has a lock on 2nd pl. This game is a trap for them.  They squashed us last time...there will be a let down coming off their big win over Dav...they will be looking at the tourney...both the A-10 and the Dance.   And as you can see by the spread this should be a relatively close game.  Add in Senior night and a large crowd and we've got a chance. Let's take a look at the report card.

...................SLU...............OFF..............St B....................................SLU....................DEF.................St. B

PPG..............F......................................B+ .......................................A ...............................................C+

FG%.............F+.....................................C+ .....................................B.................................................B+

3P%.............F+......................................A.......................................C+...............................................A

FT%.............F- ......................................A................................................................................................

Reb.............B-.......................................C+.....................................A-................................................B-

Top performers in the nation

Blks.......French........58th

PPG.......Adams........34th.....Mobley ...85th

FT%........Mobley.......90th

3pt%........Adams.......24th

Assts.......Adams........45th

If you haven't guess by now , Mr Bonnie is Adams....In addition to the listings above he is also 105th in stls and FT%. He is a 180 player (179.4)  Mobley is also an impact player. But we are also the best defensive team they play in the A-10.  We need to show that in this game.

Bottom line....The Bills will need to bring their A game or at least their B+ game. They need to stop Adams and Mobley...hold them to 15 and 14 pts. Keep fouls to a minimum against the two as they shoot 85%+ from the line.   We need to win the rebound battle to have a chance.  Also the TO battle...St. B is an A- in forcing TOs. As for the slash line ...we need a cumulative total of 157...you pick em. The difference in this game will be at the arc both on Def and Off...we will have to slow them down from 3pt line and make a few at our end.

This will be a tough game but again the spread is narrow so we have a decent chance. I do think that St. B will be off their game. If they are we need to be ready to steal one.

1 hour ago, The Pelican said:

Line is -2 1/2

Seems like the odds makers are a little more optimistic than me....It could be the fact that St. B  had a player suspended a few days ago for violation of team rules. ....Ayeni 16 mpg...6 ppg.

Here is the bottom  line from the original post....

" Bottom line....The Bills will need to bring their A game or at least their B+ game. They need to stop Adams and Mobley...hold them to 15 and 14 pts. Keep fouls to a minimum against the two as they shoot 85%+ from the line.   We need to win the rebound battle to have a chance.  Also the TO battle...St. B is an A- in forcing TOs. As for the slash line ...we need a cumulative total of 157...you pick em. The difference in this game will be at the arc both on Def and Off...we will have to slow them down from 3pt line and make a few at our end. "

This was a game we could have won....there were some good things that happened. We stopped Adams and Mobley....12 and 11 pts.  If we stopped them ...it should give us a chance to win....we did and it did....We did not give those  2 many FTs...only 8 but they made 7 of them....we won the rebound battle  and were even on TOs....So a lot of good things happened.  But the slashline was a fail....I wanted a cumulative number of 157...we came in at a terrible 110. And finally the last line of the B Line ....the bolded one...3pt offense and defense.  We lost this one 43 to 13.  I said this would be the difference and it was.  If we had shot normal from the 3....not great ...not good...not average...but the usual Billiken F+....we would have had 5 more 3s and won this game by 7. We had to shoot dismal to lose this game and we did.  I haven't seen the a-10 bracket  yet but I believe if we win the first game....St. B' s  first opponent will be the Bills.  We did better than the 1st game against the Bonnies....may be if we win the first game in the A-10....the 3rd time against the Bonnies will be a charm.

BTW...I liked Ford's remark in the post game....It is hard to win when you are playing 5 on 8....Hopefully they will bring out the good refs for the A-10 tourney.