GDT Dookaine

Littlebill

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Please go to Tigerboard and don’t come back 

What the heck does being disappointed we lost and reasonably saying if we don't win on Saturday have to do with the Tigers?

after S2 lots of people were saying the season was over while I said we still could win a few games. You didn't direct them to Tigerboard

i don't even belong to tigerboard

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

What the heck does being disappointed we lost and reasonably saying if we don't win on Saturday have to do with the Tigers?

after S2 lots of people were saying the season was over while I said we still could win a few games. You didn't direct them to Tigerboard

i don't even belong to tigerboard

Dont take it personally. The guys here just love to hate on people that are not in their little club or regular posters and call them trolls, SPUMAC fans, etc.

You have to post here all the time and be in the club or your not welcome

Anyway to the game, it was a shame but refs had a ton to do with it. The turnovers were bad, but it was just slop all around. French has to assert himself some more although once again zebras. The dukes were fired up for Senior night, oh well.  I wonder if the Greek could get out there and play a little. Maybe he could at least hit shots.

9 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Dont take it personally. The guys here just love to hate on people that are not in their little club or regular posters and call them trolls, SPUMAC fans, etc.

Anyway to the game, it was a shame but refs had a ton to do with it. The turnovers were bad, but it was just slop all around. French has to assert himself some more although once again zebras. The dukes were fired up for Senior night, oh well.  I wonder if the Greek could get out there and play a little. Maybe he could at least hit shots.

How to announce to everyone that you didn’t watch the fuoking game. Really I mean it’s hilarious you pontificate about regular posters jumping on people for not being fans and then you basically tell everyone that you didn’t watch the game.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

How to announce to everyone that you didn’t watch the fuoking game. Really I mean it’s hilarious you pontificate about regular posters jumping on people for not being fans and then you basically tell everyone that you didn’t watch the game.

I watched the whole game.. from end to end.  I was half joking, but at least the Greek is supposed to shoot 3s right?  Sure we had a good shooting night, but obviously not enough.

Just now, mrjoelabs said:

I watched the whole game.. from end to end.  I was half joking, but at least the Greek is supposed to shoot 3s right?  Sure we had a good shooting night, but obviously not enough.

Oh cool you went back and actually looked at he box score and realized he got in the game. If you would have watched you would have seen a man lost on the defensive end 

I knew he got in the game, for about a shift.... I know he cant play defense.    He didnt play enough to actually do anything. 

The point is everyone acts very high and mighty here. I've rarely missed a SLU game since 1999. Sorry I don't post about them all and sorry I cannot watch every game like an analyst. 

4 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

I knew he got in the game, for about a shift.... I know he cant play defense.    He didnt play enough to actually do anything. 

The point is everyone acts very high and mighty here. I've rarely missed a SLU game since 1999. Sorry I don't post about them all and sorry I cannot watch every game like an analyst. 

Whatever you say 

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

They shot FG better than we did, they beat us in TOs, we had 20 they had 16. Let's face it the refs did their usual horrible calls, but we lost the game. Too bad, now we have to get ready for St. Bona Saturday.

Adams may got for 50 unfortunately. The Bonnies are red hot and wanting to make sure of an At Large bid if needed. The seed in the A10 tourney doesn't matter now, (VCU is beating Fordham) so we might as well play the walk ons in this one and rest up for Thursday. 

There is a guy in the team called Jack Raboin. He is a JUCO guard and we got him after two years of Junior College. I assume he is a walk on, but I have never ever seen him participate in practices before the games. He sits with Santos and Welmer and does not suit. Who is this guy, anyone knows? Is he indeed a walk on?

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

There is a guy in the team called Jack Raboin. He is a JUCO guard and we got him after two years of Junior College. I assume he is a walk on, but I have never ever seen him participate in practices before the games. He sits with Santos and Welmer and does not suit. Who is this guy, anyone knows? Is he indeed a walk on?

He's redshirting, so he can't play.

6 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Yes he's a walk on. 

Bottom line was last night was an abomination.  And yet, if you focus on all the doom and gloom, you miss the fact that we still came back and tied the Dukes and even led late in the game.  But we could not hold it.  Yes, there wer some questionable ref calls but aren't there always?  We made a star out of a kid avergaing 2.5 points per game.  Williams and Lewis I get but the defense exhibited by French, Foreman and Johnson on the Verhoeven stiff was downright non-existent.  Willaims wa sther ein the first half with his 14 points.  I can get that.  Lewis got ho tto start the second half but fizzled.  Yet we let Verhoeven do that. 

On offense where has DJ Foreman gone?  It also appears team shave caught on to the French strategy and are immediately doubling down on the kid.  The second guy is also coming from French's blind side so by the time he sees it, it is sometime too late.  Hines did well in the first half, then reverted in the second.  That's what he is and does.  Roby as I said last night, I don't understand,.  But then again, he is not a ballhandler.  Never was.  But still the traveling calls are something that we will soon be rid of.  The turnovers, especially the one where Foreman inbounded and threw it to Ford on the bench because Hines slipped or stooped moving, was a pure example of carelessness.  Hines pass to the wide open Dukie for the breakaway layup late was another.  Dribbling and getting stripped by tth eoff man last night -- too many times to count.  No ne going to the offensive boards in the first half.  Even our pases were off center just enough that guys were not catching the ball ready to go but catching the ball and their balance at the same time.  Just a strange game all around.

Unbelievably, fourth is still doable.  We must beat the Bonnies and Mason msut lose to Richmond.  If those two items don't happen, the rest is moot,.  Even if St. Joe's wins and the above happens, we'd get fourth for our beating the Joeys.  Now, if we lose, and Mason and the Joeys lose and VCU and Richmond win, that's a five-way tie all at 9 and 9.  Madness is certainly here.

No matter, for the first time in three years, we are out of the PIG sty.  That section of [dead] stench should now be well behind us.

11 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Stop the non-sense I am not part of the club and catch some crap but I am an adult and can take it.  It is all about free speech and if you don't like a poster they have added a ignore function that works really great. 

My advice to every one do not take on 05 he is a true blue warrior.

The poor officiating was not the cause of the loss last night it was 20 turnovers and at least 3 of those turnovers occurred when the Billikens were trying to push up there lead.

Simple mathematics will prove my point if the Billikens have 10 turnovers instead of 20 they would have gotten 56 shots attempts instead of 46 and they shot 47.8 overall equals 26.768 field goals instead of the 22 they made which is the difference of the game, they lost by 7.  The officiating was horrible last night but we had a senior and a junior starters that accounted for 11 turnovers.

Repeating what has already been said, you don't win too many D1 games with 20 TO. Bess with 6 and Roby with 5 - your starting back court turns it over on 11 trips. 

Where is the DJ Foreman that we need?  In the past 3 games he has scored 7 points on 3 of 7 shooting.  We need the DJ from Richmond game (13 points).  Is his back acting up again? 

Johnson and Hines go 8 of 11 from the Arc.  Bess and Roby go 3 of 11.  If Johnson and Hines had shot those 11 rather than Bess and Roby, is there a different outcome?

FT's...63.6% last night, v our season average of 65.2%.  It is what it is. Ford will put a huge emphasis on FT's during the off season.