Baseball

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Norwood just came into the game vs the Cards.  Led to a solid conversation from Danny Mac about SLU and the baseball program and even tying it into Majerus and then Cassity now working for the Cards.  

Fun wasn’t it. Mentioned Hank Raymonds playing at SLU and then the Marquette Connection with him and Rick  

Did you hear McCarver saying Cubs pitchers are like “having zits at the prom?” “You are glad you are there but you want to look good. “. Yikes. 

Bills_06 likes this

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Did you hear McCarver saying Cubs pitchers are like “having zits at the prom?” “You are glad you are there but you want to look good. “. Yikes. 

He hasn't died a slow death yet?

HoosierPal likes this

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Who knew Matheny's kid is committed to SLU next year...

Saw it mentioned in an article about Mike last week. Not meant to be a criticism of the Bills but I guess he is not considered a major league prospect. 

They have far more draft worthy players on the roster now than they ever had before.  I wouldn't be surprised to see several more SLU guys make it to high minor league levels or into the bigs.  Coach Hendrickson is doing an amazing job recruiting all over considering what he has to work with.

TheChosenOne and slufanskip like this

27 minutes ago, DirtyRican said:

They have far more draft worthy players on the roster now than they ever had before.  I wouldn't be surprised to see several more SLU guys make it to high minor league levels or into the bigs.  Coach Hendrickson is doing an amazing job recruiting all over considering what he has to work with.

My point was that just because these two were not drafted doesn't mean that they are not decent players.  

DirtyRican likes this

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Both Mike Matheny and Andy Benes were at the baseball golf tourney last Friday.  CMM didn't stay long but Benes hung around before and after.