Baseball

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to many SEC schools, baseball is second to football in popularity. Way more popular then basketball. I been to many SEC ballparks and they are of Triple A level quality.  

Crowds at games are always large even on middle of the week day games. You can have a really good time attending a SEC baseball game.

Boytoy, watch your mouth and take that back. SLU baseball is the reason I am here and the reason I know you.  Consider yourself blessed.

Rough start for sure.  This team has high expectations and I can tell you coach is not pleased.  Long way from over however.  They should get right this weekend and then hopefully fair well in conference. 

47 minutes ago, DirtyRican said:

Boytoy, watch your mouth and take that back. SLU baseball is the reason I am here and the reason I know you.  Consider yourself blessed.

Rough start for sure.  This team has high expectations and I can tell you coach is not pleased.  Long way from over however.  They should get right this weekend and then hopefully fair well in conference. 

I thank my lucky stars every day that Hughes offered you that scholly.

DirtyRican likes this

1 hour ago, DirtyRican said:

Even though you got a foo foo scholarship, I'm still looking forward to beers/shots with you next season.  I'm sure if I pick up the tab for zimas and appletinis we'll get @billikenfan05and @BACKHANDtheRICANout for drinks too. 

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Even though you got a foo foo scholarship, I'm still looking forward to beers/shots with you next season.  I'm sure if I pick up the tab for zimas and appletinis we'll get @billikenfan05and @BACKHANDtheRICANout for drinks too. 

Done.  Backhand will have to come out of retirement though.  He's been MIA since the ketchup incident in Ohio.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

What are you, some sort of masochist?

DirtyRican likes this

On 2/27/2018 at 8:13 AM, tarheelbilliken said:

If you go to many SEC schools, baseball is second to football in popularity. Way more popular then basketball. I been to many SEC ballparks and they are of Triple A level quality.  

Crowds at games are always large even on middle of the week day games. You can have a really good time attending a SEC baseball game.

Same with ACC in some regards; GaTech has one of the nicest college Baseball facilities I’ve ever seen. Shame that Bradley came down and beat em two weeks ago when there was 6 inches of snow on the ground in Peoria. Like 05 said, College Baseball is weird. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 10:08 PM, billikenfan05 said:

Early season is so tough for baseball teams in the north. You’re literally on the road for a month 

I guess ive never really thought about that.