Baseball

RiseAndGrind

6 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Mo State with the walk off, so close to getting our 1st win in the NCAA tournament (didn’t realize we had never won a game in the tourney).

I think we have more than once. We beat Missouri to go to Omaha in like 66 we haven’t under Hendrickson. 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, the announcers kept referencing us going for our first win in the NCAA Tournament in program history (maybe it was under Hendrickson like you said). It didn't sound right to me and I see we made the College World Series in 1965. Joining the A-10 has certainly been kind to the program.

6 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Weird, the announcers kept referencing us going for our first win in the NCAA Tournament in program history (maybe it was under Hendrickson like you said). It didn't sound right to me and I see we made the College World Series in 1965. Joining the A-10 has certainly been kind to the program.

The announcers said that the Bills had never won a regional game.  Back in the 60's they had district games, not regional games.  SLU beat Missouri in their district to go to the World Series.

On June 2, 2018 at 7:45 PM, TheChosenOne said:

So just how bad is the A-10 in baseball? At least we will see how we match-up with Missouri State tomorrow.

Bad. The Baseball team had a chance to prove how good they are.

They weren't up to the task.

9 hours ago, gister said:

The announcers said that the Bills had never won a regional game.  Back in the 60's they had district games, not regional games.  SLU beat Missouri in their district to go to the World Series.

Thanks for the clarification, I was only passively listening while also watching the end of the Cardinal game so I am not surprised I misheard it.

We had the consensus region of death. Every team in the region can mash the ball, and our vaunted pitching staff didn’t get it done IMO. I’m not sure I understand Darin starting Wark against Mo State after he struggled with his command in the A10 tournament and Reveno dominated the final. 

Connor Lehman was phenomenal in relief against Ole Miss, 5 IP 0 hits 6K against an offense ranked in the Top 10 in front of a sold out crowd at probably the toughest atmosphere in all of American sports. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Not that anyone cares but Tenn. Tech just beat Ole Miss twice in a row to take the Region. Rebels had only been beaten twice in a row 2 times all year

I do.  And my boss who is a Ole Miss alum.  

Awesome!  

Let’s go Owls

9 hours ago, DirtyRican said:

I do.  And my boss who is a Ole Miss alum.  

Awesome!  

Let’s go Owls

Ole Miss fans have a saying much like the  dumb “it’s hard work being a billiken fan” it’s We Are Ole Miss. you could also remind him that OMAHA stands for Ole Miss Ain’t Here Again

DirtyRican likes this

3 hours ago, TheGrandLife said:

Miller Hogan taken 6th round by the Tampa Rays! Congratulations Miller!

I get that it’s a high school article but Post Disgrace strikes again. No mention of Miller Hogan http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/local-draft-picks-mizzou-s-plassmeyer-to-seattle-in-th/article_62f97bf9-de49-52a8-8962-8a25285b00fd.html?mode=comments 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

I get that it’s a high school article but Post Disgrace strikes again. No mention of Miller Hogan http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/local-draft-picks-mizzou-s-plassmeyer-to-seattle-in-th/article_62f97bf9-de49-52a8-8962-8a25285b00fd.html?mode=comments 

Yeah, they should add local colleges too since I doubt it would be overly difficult and likely of interest to those in St. Louis (I know Hogan from SLU and another pitcher from Mizzou). The minimal coverage we are looking for can't take much time.

On June 4, 2018 at 8:11 AM, billikenfan05 said:

We had the consensus region of death. Every team in the region can mash the ball, and our vaunted pitching staff didn’t get it done IMO. I’m not sure I understand Darin starting Wark against Mo State after he struggled with his command in the A10 tournament and Reveno dominated the final. 

Connor Lehman was phenomenal in relief against Ole Miss, 5 IP 0 hits 6K against an offense ranked in the Top 10 in front of a sold out crowd at probably the toughest atmosphere in all of American sports. 

A Group of Death where SLU was the worst team being the only team that didn't win a game.

The pitching staff vaunted? They gave up 17/18 runs in two games.

Vaunted huh?

17 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I know many on this board likely don't watch the local news, but I happened to flip to Channel 5 news last night while sports came on and the lady (I too don't watch the news too often, so I am not sure her name) highlighted Miller Hogan being drafted.

13 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know many on this board likely don't watch the local news, but I happened to flip to Channel 5 news last night while sports came on and the lady (I too don't watch the news too often, so I am not sure her name) highlighted Miller Hogan being drafted.

It’s interesting that the local TV always tends to highlight us compared to print.