Baseball

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, pakapablo said:

Maybe someone in the Athletic Department should ask the NCAA to update the Billiken logo on their website. Let me guess, marketing department responsibility............

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1

You act like I’m just sitting on my ass on this holiday...been on  this before the show ended 

2 hours ago, pakapablo said:

Maybe someone in the Athletic Department should ask the NCAA to update the Billiken logo on their website. Let me guess, marketing department responsibility............

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1

That's OK.  I still like the old logo better.  I'm probably alone at this point, but 'Ive just never like the new mascot or lettering.  Getting old, I guess.

I don't like Ortiz but he has an article about Hogan today.  Link

I also heard Danny Mac give a shout out and wish the SLU baseball team good luck during the Cardinals broadcast last night.  Have seen highlights on all the local channels here as well but lets not spend some money to try and improve the baseball field to match UMSL.  Wouldn't want to try to improve and build more positive free publicity for the University.  

The last quote has me fired up:

"I want to roll into an SEC school in front of 10,000 people on a Friday night and show them that (even thought) we don't have all that fancy gear and stuff we can still play a little ball," he said. "I think that's how we all feel. We're going to go out there and we're going to really take it to them. We don't want to play scared. We think we're pretty good at this, so we're going to go out there and try to kick some tail."

38 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Which is crazy, because Ole Miss' ace is a legit first rounder. Miller probably a 5-10th rounder.

I was just about to say the same thing. I will say though from what I've seen this year, SLU probably has the most depth in their rotation in this regional.