gobillsgo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

I don't know this story. care to elaborate

https://thecityline.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/wait-a-sec-anthony-bonner-was-almost-served-a-subpoena-on-the-bench-during-a-preseason-game/

Apparently Jeff Van Gundy was on the radio once with Mike Tirico and SVP, and accidentally said Anthony Bonner instead of Matt Bonner, at which point he caught himself, said a few things about AB as a player, then added, "he's the only player I've had who was served a subpoena on the bench during an exhibition game!"

I think it was for child support.

9 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

https://thecityline.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/wait-a-sec-anthony-bonner-was-almost-served-a-subpoena-on-the-bench-during-a-preseason-game/

Apparently Jeff Van Gundy was on the radio once with Mike Tirico and SVP, and accidentally said Anthony Bonner instead of Matt Bonner, at which point he caught himself, said a few things about AB as a player, then added, "he's the only player I've had who was served a subpoena on the bench during an exhibition game!"

I think it was for child support.

Getting Matt Bonner and Anthony Bonner confused is almost worse than asking which one of the Van Gundy brothers always cleared their dinner plate growing up. 

William Iken likes this

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Major Majerus said:

Saw Anthony Bonner at fedex today - looks ready to do battle with Hasahn in pickup this summer

I’m sure this has been talked about before but is Bonner back in town permanently and what is he doing?

22 hours ago, willie said:

I’m sure this has been talked about before but is Bonner back in town permanently and what is he doing?

We were 20 ft apart doing different things & I didn't get to talk to him as he left while I was still engaged.  I recall he graduated with an accounting degree - that should allow good options for him.

21 minutes ago, willie said:

Coaching who? Private instructor,program director.? Is this how he makes a living? 

I don't know how Bonner "makes a living," but I do know that he's in Christian ministry.  As a pro basketball player, he may have made and reserved enough money not to need to have a traditional job for his sustenance.

21 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't know how Bonner "makes a living," but I do know that he's in Christian ministry.  As a pro basketball player, he may have made and reserved enough money not to need to have a traditional job for his sustenance.

That was my thought as well

8 hours ago, willie said:

Coaching who? Private instructor,program director.? Is this how he makes a living? 

I don't remember the name of it but he is an instructor at a basketball academy. I posted it a few weeks ago after he was interviewed on the radio. He does not own it. I would guess this is how he makes a living.

Since this is the Jacobs thread...

Love his stat line from Hillcrest, which plays some top competition nationally...points, rebounds, assists-to-turnover, steals, blocks, 3 pt % (not a ton of attempts), FT%....will be interesting to see who earns the fifth starting spot...

9 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Since this is the Jacobs thread...

Love his stat line from Hillcrest, which plays some top competition nationally...points, rebounds, assists-to-turnover, steals, blocks, 3 pt % (not a ton of attempts), FT%....will be interesting to see who earns the fifth starting spot...

Agree.  Not getting enough love.  Coming in with that prep year, jumps like all get out, and apparently a good ball handler.  Could easily be a major contributor.

I know these highlights have been posted multiple times but I’m posting them again.

When was the last time we had a pure athlete of this caliber?  He’s a guard/wing who is almost hitting his head on the rim on some of these dunks and blocks.

I can’t wait to see him play.  Side note, does Foreman now have to be DJF? Or is Jacobs DMJ? B)

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

I know these highlights have been posted multiple times but I’m posting them again.

When was the last time we had a pure athlete of this caliber?  He’s a guard/wing who is almost hitting his head on the rim on some of these dunks and blocks.

I can’t wait to see him play.  Side note, does Foreman now have to be DJF? Or is Jacobs DMJ? B)

Love the dunks, but what impresses me is his body control on the ones that he isn't able to dunk. He's keeping the ball out of danger and laying in some really difficult finishes. He won't always be able to throw it down at the college level so those crafty finishes will come in handy.