Women's Basketball Team

51 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It has been mentioned that the recruiting class that Stone is bringing in next year is very good.  It is probably worth mentioning that it it the 33rd ranked recruiting class in the country which is absurdly good for a women's program at SLU's level of prestige (or lack thereof) (http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=632636&SPID=93216&DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211686951).

Ciaja Harbison seems primed to fill the void left by Kemph (http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=632636&SPID=93216&DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211704467).

Holy FUOK

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Lisa first started she had loads of playing time and a story to sell. Once you have very good established players such as Jackie K, Sadie S, Jordan F, Jenny V, you lose the ability to promise lots of playing time. Recruiting gets tougher. From where this program has been to where it is now is just a ton of improvement. Can Coach Stone take the next step? She deserves more than just a year or two more to find out.

I would not discount McMahan playing the point next year, she was the starting pg for as a freshman at Akron for a team that won 22 games and she was clearly the best defender on the team this year, however for a team that was 13th in the league in points allowed that may not be saying much. Stone needs to address the defense with the freshmen coming in, you cannot rely on always scoring 80 plus point a game.

46 minutes ago, billiken bball said:

I would not discount McMahan playing the point next year, she was the starting pg for as a freshman at Akron for a team that won 22 games and she was clearly the best defender on the team this year, however for a team that was 13th in the league in points allowed that may not be saying much. Stone needs to address the defense with the freshmen coming in, you cannot rely on always scoring 80 plus point a game.

I love watching her play maybe more than watching Jackie. She’s a bulldog on defense. She’s very good taking defenders off the dribble and she can finish at the rim on tough shots. She needs to work on her shooting from 3 

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

They have 64 teams, I forgot. I will eat crow and go to a WNIT game if it is played here.

That's why I thought they had a chance. From your answer, I figured they had already said they weren't going.

11 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This should be a very even game I think. 

K-State is 65 in Sagarin ratings and SLU is 114.  Based on the ratings and K-State having home court, if I am calculating it right based on the numbers & the method outlined, SLU is something like a 10 point underdog.  I hope it is a good game, but purely on the numbers, I don't think SLU will win.  I am glad that Kemph gets to play another game and add to her tremendous career.  I sort of hope that Gits puts up a monster rebounding game (22+) so that she cracks the career top 10 or we win & she gets another game to add to the totals.  Seems odd to for her to have the single season record, but not be in the career top 10.

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.php

5 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

K-State is 65 in Sagarin ratings and SLU is 114.  Based on the ratings and K-State having home court, if I am calculating it right based on the numbers & the method outlined, SLU is something like a 10 point underdog.  I hope it is a good game, but purely on the numbers, I don't think SLU will win.  I am glad that Kemph gets to play another game and add to her tremendous career.  I sort of hope that Gits puts up a monster rebounding game (22+) so that she cracks the career top 10 or we win & she gets another game to add to the totals.  Seems odd to for her to have the single season record, but not be in the career top 10.

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.php

SLU has shown the ability to play against the big girls(can I say that?) they should have been closer in Columbia but got shafted the entire fourth quarter.

• 1 month later...