Live from the Sports Book in Vegas

The Wiz

I thought I would do an update from the floor.  I have  Dayton by 4 for tonight's game....Vegas is not as bullish showing Day by 6.  

Post season odds to win March Madness in the A-10.....RI...150-1...St. B 250 -1  ..VCU...500-1....Day...1000-1...The Bills were not listed but the bookie said he thought we would go at  1200-1...so there you go...a $35 bet would pay for tuition.

In other areas of interest.....Cards picked to finish 2nd in the Div behind the Cubs.  ...Cards are 5-1 to win the NLCS....10-1 to win the World Series

The Blues are 5-1 to win the Western Conf.....12-1 to win the Cup

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I thought I would do an update from the floor.  I have  Dayton by 4 for tonight's game....Vegas is not as bullish showing Day by 6.  

Post season odds to win March Madness in the A-10.....RI...150-1...St. B 250 -1  ..VCU...500-1....Day...1000-1...The Bills were not listed but the bookie said he thought we would go at  1200-1...so there you go...a $35 bet would pay for tuition.

In other areas of interest.....Cards picked to finish 2nd in the Div behind the Cubs.  ...Cards are 5-1 to win the NLCS....10-1 to win the World Series

Which book? 

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Do you trust your pick of Dayton by 4 enough to take the Billikens to cover +6?

Just now, BillikenBoy10 said:

Do you trust your pick of Dayton by 4 enough to take the Billikens to cover +6?

No....We are only 1 game removed from the loss of Goodwin...so the numbers aren't solid ....in addition to that Dayton is missing 3 players ...including a regular for the last 3 games due to illness (X Williams).....he is questionable for tonight's game

For the Bills this has been the season of uncertainity.

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

No....We are only 1 game removed from the loss of Goodwin...so the numbers aren't solid ....in addition to that Dayton is missing 3 players ...including a regular for the last 3 games due to illness (X Williams).....he is questionable for tonight's game

For the Bills this has been the season of uncertainity.

Other than Williams, who else are they missing? Williams hasn't really done anything this year when he's played. Like us, they have little depth. 

-thanks Wiz, I hope you are cleaning up out there

-I am scared to tonight's game as we are not a good shooting team and we shot the ball so well at Rich things get back to the mean at some point, but hopefully we are establishing a new normal and make shots

32 minutes ago, ACE said:

Other than Williams, who else are they missing? Williams hasn't really done anything this year when he's played. Like us, they have little depth. 

Pierce....Since Feb 7....Disciplinary

Toppin....All season....Eligibility 

The key here is if Williams doesn't play they will be short handed too....They recently played an overtime game with only 7 players (and lost)

11 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-thanks Wiz, I hope you are cleaning up out there

-I am scared to tonight's game as we are not a good shooting team and we shot the ball so well at Rich things get back to the mean at some point, but hopefully we are establishing a new normal and make shots

Dayton has a good offense and even with our good showing last time we are still an F offense. However our defense is head and shoulders above Day.....So it will be the unstoppable force against the immovable object.  This is a winnable game ....both teams are B-.... The key ...stop Cunningham....11th in nation in FG%....64th in reb....Hold him to 12 pts and 6 reb.  

Bottom line... we don't have to shoot as good as last time but better than we usually do....45/35/70 with 11 TOs will do it...

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Dayton has a good offense and even with our good showing last time we are still an F offense. However our defense is head and shoulders above Day.....So it will be the unstoppable force against the immovable object.  This is a winnable game ....both teams are B-.... The key ...stop Cunningham....11th in nation in FG%....64th in reb....Hold him to 12 pts and 6 reb.  

Bottom line... we don't have to shoot as good as last time but better than we usually do....45/35/70 with 11 TOs will do it...

In the "unstoppable force vs the immovable object" duel...the unstoppable force won.

There were some good things that happened...we stopped Cunningham....we needed to hold him to 12 pts and 6 reb....he scored 8 with 6 reb....we needed 11 TOs or less to win....we got 11....the weak spot was the slash line ...we needed 45/35/70 to win....we got 46/22/40...if we make the slash we score 6 more pts and win.

We were close but no cigar.....Again we didn't need super shooting numbers like last game to win....just average numbers would have won this game.

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Call me a pessimist but all those odds seem low.

Odds change every day..... and even on the same day they differ from place to place....It is like gas prices....you can shop around and maybe get a better price.  In the end even when prices (odds) are different, they still tend to move together in the same direction.  Even if the Cards odds are different at a different book the Cubs are still picked to win almost everywhere. 

14 hours ago, The Wiz said:

In the "unstoppable force vs the immovable object" duel...the unstoppable force won.

There were some good things that happened...we stopped Cunningham....we needed to hold him to 12 pts and 6 reb....he scored 8 with 6 reb....we needed 11 TOs or less to win....we got 11....the weak spot was the slash line ...we needed 45/35/70 to win....we got 46/22/40...if we make the slash we score 6 more pts and win.

We were close but no cigar.....Again we didn't need super shooting numbers like last game to win....just average numbers would have won this game.

@The Wiz, it looks like you put Dayton's FG% & 3FG% in your slash line credited to the Bills last night.  The box score shows SLU shot 44% overall and 33% from 3.

10 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

@The Wiz, it looks like you put Dayton's FG% & 3FG% in your slash line credited to the Bills last night.  The box score shows SLU shot 44% overall and 33% from 3.

Yes...This is true....the FG% & 3P% got transposed but by a weird coincidence when I brought the corrected Bills slash line (44/33/ 40) up to the target slash (45/35/70) it still came out to the same 6 additional points for the Bills. You can't fool the computer.