OT: Business School Renaming

johnbj14

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, TheOne said:

You are now a graduate of the Chaifetz School of Business and, based on my understanding, SLU is going to offer new diplomas to every past graduate of SLU to reflect their business degree is now from the Richard. A. Chaifetz School of Business. This is a positive when reflected on your resume/diploma - Chaifetz is actually a universally known name in the business community, unlike “Cook”....

Wow, really?

29 minutes ago, TheOne said:

You are now a graduate of the Chaifetz School of Business and, based on my understanding, SLU is going to offer new diplomas to every past graduate of SLU to reflect their business degree is now from the Richard. A. Chaifetz School of Business. This is a positive when reflected on your resume/diploma - Chaifetz is actually a universally known name in the business community, unlike “Cook”....

Oh wow, thanks for the information.

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

It shows that chaifetz owns Pestello’s ass 

That was my thought.  My loyalty now is to Dr. Chaifetz.  If SLU sent out something saying that Dr. Chaifetz strongly believes that we should all start donating to the University again, I would do so.  The only way that Pestello should be kept around at this point is if he is Dr. C's puppet.

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

It shows that chaifetz owns Pestello’s ass 

This.

Chaifetz is without a doubt now the loudest voice on the BoT.  He is the board's E.F. Hutton.  Pestello will run everything past Chaifetz.  Pestello won't switch the school to 2-ply toilet paper without getting Chaifetz's approval first.

rgbilliken likes this

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This.

Chaifetz is without a doubt now the loudest voice on the BoT.  He is the board's E.F. Hutton.  Pestello will run everything past Chaifetz.  Pestello won't switch the school to 2-ply toilet paper without getting Chaifetz's approval first.

This should be a tweet.

34 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This.

We really are incredibly fortunate to have a guy like Rich Chaifetz on the BoT. Seems like he's the only one with any semblance of public dedication to the basketball program. Do you ever see guys like Sinquefield or Conran going to SLU basketball games? Does the rest of the board even care?

16 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

We really are incredibly fortunate to have a guy like Rich Chaifetz on the BoT. Seems like he's the only one with any semblance of public dedication to the basketball program. Do you ever see guys like Sinquefield or Conran going to SLU basketball games? Does the rest of the board even care?

Bob Fox goes to almost all the games, and Maxine Clark attends quite a few.  Fox is a massive Billiken supporter.

47 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Many of the Board members are huge supporters of Billiken basketball and large contributors to the program as well. Conran, Sly, Fox, Phoenix, O'Loughlin, Kalsbeek and others attend almost every home game and many go to away games as well. Your implication is way off base.

36 minutes ago, Billikenswin said:

Many of the Board members are huge supporters of Billiken basketball and large contributors to the program as well. Conran, Sly, Fox, Phoenix, O'Loughlin, Kalsbeek and others attend almost every home game and many go to away games as well. Your implication is way off base.

Maybe he meant semblance of understanding college athletics and how important it should be at SLU. All the board members should be season ticket holders, its supporting the university at a minimum. I'd like to know what board members aren't season ticket holders, that's terrible if even one isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Buying season tickets is actually supporting athletics. Whether they come or not doesn't matter. I'd just think if there is a BoT member not at least purchasing tickets, that's a shame. 

Agree it's supporting and I would assume most board members aren't buying cheap seats but support is more than just showing up for games to sit in your season ticket seats. Support at a board of trustees level is strategizing university decisions to benefit the basketball program.

This all coming from someone who will never be on the board of trustees of any organization haha. But i like to act like I know what I'm talking about because im still mad about this investigation and suspensions and I want to see heads roll

42 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Maybe he meant semblance of understanding college athletics and how important it should be at SLU. All the board members should be season ticket holders, its supporting the university at a minimum. I'd like to know what board members aren't season ticket holders, that's terrible if even one isn't. 

This. I more or less was pointing at the fact that Dr Chaifetz seems to be the only one who consistently strategizes to aid the growth of SLU basketball (as an integral part of SLU's institutional advancement). He has made it a priority (I'm not sure about the other board members). I'm sure the BoT members are all "fans," but it seems like most of them don't go nearly as far as Doc does to express their support (both monetarily and vocally). 

3 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

This. I more or less was pointing at the fact that Dr Chaifetz seems to be the only one who consistently strategizes to aid the growth of SLU basketball. He has made it a priority (I'm not sure about the other board members). I'm sure the BoT members are all "fans," but it seems like most of them don't go nearly as far as Doc does to express their support (both monetarily and vocally). 

You have no idea what you are talking about. Some of the basketball teams biggest and most vocal supporters who have made major financial contributions to Billiken basketball are on the Board. They go to games and are very visable fans in every way possible.

TheChosenOne and willie like this

1 hour ago, Billikenswin said:

You are Conran.  Have you fired Weathers yet?  As a board member this should be your top priority.  

Board members getting all fired up on a public message board AND posting! Wow. I wonder why SLU is in the shape it currently is today? Geez....I love music but can't play a lick, but I wouldn't pretend to know how to run a music department just because I gave money and attended concerts...but I guess college athletics is different to some of our BoT. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

If you really are a board member, don't you agree all board members should have season tickets and support the university's most visible department? Just asking. 

1 hour ago, Billikenswin said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Some of the basketball teams biggest and most vocal supporters who have made major financial contributions to Billiken basketball are on the Board. They go to games and are very visable fans in every way possible.

You don't think the current Board deserves ANY blame for the current state of SLU athletics? For giving Chris May a 10 year pass on mediocrity and allowing facilities and certain programs to gradually decline? You seem to be very close to the board members, are they at all upset with what has transpired at their University over the past 5 months?

The BoT at Universities like Creighton/Xavier/Gonzaga have been far more proactive in prioritizing athletics, the results are what matter. I don't care if the board members show up to games, I care about how they are strategically prioritizing the growth of SLU's basketball program. 

I'm waiting until after S3 to blame May. Nothing is his fault. He's done a great job with MBB, soccer and volleyball over his tenure. And the Big East, all LBs fault and Hurricane Katrina, world hunger, this year's flu strain, JFK assasination and anything else you can think of...blame LB, not May. 

Spoon-Balls likes this