OT: Business School Renaming

johnbj14

Email received this morning:

The president will be sending an email shortly to announce that the business school has received a $15 million dollar gift that will transform the school. This gift will allow us to focus additional resources on our nationally ranked programs, enhance careerservices within the school, while also providing new resources to grow the emerging areas of data analytics and supply chain management. This transformational gift will result in the renaming of the business school as the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business as well as the creation of the Chaifetz Center for Entrepreneurship. I want to thank Dr. Richard A. Chaifetz and his wife Jill Chaifetz, for their generous gift.

Today’s naming was made possible because of the generosity of alumnus and former trustee John Cook, for whom the school had been named since 2000. In early 2017, Mr. Cook agreed to make the naming of the business school available to other benefactors to encourage a large gift to the school. Due to Mr. Cook’s selfless and generous act, in late 2017, when the President talked to Richard and Jill about making a large gift to support our business programs, he was delighted to be able to honor them with this naming. While the business school will now be named the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business, Cook Hall will always remain named for John and Lucy Cook.

While later this year we will have a formal naming dedication for the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business, I want to invite you this Thursday, Feb. 22, from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., to join us in the atrium of the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business to meet Richard and Jill and to hear more about their commitment to the school and business education

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Email received this morning:

The president will be sending an email shortly to announce that the business school has received a $15 million dollar gift that will transform the school. This gift will allow us to focus additional resources on our nationally ranked programs, enhance careerservices within the school, while also providing new resources to grow the emerging areas of data analytics and supply chain management. This transformational gift will result in the renaming of the business school as the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business as well as the creation of the Chaifetz Center for Entrepreneurship. I want to thank Dr. Richard A. Chaifetz and his wife Jill Chaifetz, for their generous gift.

Today’s naming was made possible because of the generosity of alumnus and former trustee John Cook, for whom the school had been named since 2000. In early 2017, Mr. Cook agreed to make the naming of the business school available to other benefactors to encourage a large gift to the school. Due to Mr. Cook’s selfless and generous act, in late 2017, when the President talked to Richard and Jill about making a large gift to support our business programs, he was delighted to be able to honor them with this naming. While the business school will now be named the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business, Cook Hall will always remain named for John and Lucy Cook.

While later this year we will have a formal naming dedication for the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business, I want to invite you this Thursday, Feb. 22, from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m., to join us in the atrium of the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business to meet Richard and Jill and to hear more about their commitment to the school and business education

To bad its not the "Situation 1 School of Business" in memory of John Cook's other contributions.

2 minutes ago, ARon said:

This would seem to effectively disprove the messages board narratives that 

A: Dr. C is so upset he pulling away from the university

B: Dr. P can’t secure donations

It definitely disprove A. 

It doesn't disprove B at all. Chaifetz was a major donor of the university long before Fred Pestello and it would seem to confirm a previous message board story that the initial donation from the arena was done in the near future. It actually lends more belief to the Biondi stories than I had previously given credit for. 

Now if this was a brand new person out of nowhere, like Chaifetz in 07, I would say it definitely proves B. 

7 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

It doesn't disprove B at all. Chaifetz was a major donor of the university long before Fred Pestello and it would seem to confirm a previous message board story that the initial donation from the arena was done in the near future. It actually lends more belief to the Biondi stories than I had previously given credit for. 

Now if this was a brand new person out of nowhere, like Chaifetz in 07, I would say it definitely proves B. 

Dr. C gives a pretty explicit endorsement of Dr. P in the post dispatch story.

8 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

When reading the release the narrative spin that they made a point of saying “when Chaifetz was approached by Pestello” 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Serious question: Do I update my resume to show that I graduated from the Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business, or am I a John Cook School of Business grad for life?

You are now a graduate of the Chaifetz School of Business and, based on my understanding, SLU is going to offer new diplomas to every past graduate of SLU to reflect their business degree is now from the Richard. A. Chaifetz School of Business. This is a positive when reflected on your resume/diploma - Chaifetz is actually a universally known name in the business community, unlike “Cook”....