Grad Transfer & JUCO Tracker

ACE

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, ACE said:

Frank just said Isabell visited and they have taken their best shot.

Considering he hasn't tweeted about it, and no pundits have picked it up, I would venture to guess SLU's chances are pretty slim. But that would be a great late addition to this squad. 

Trying to be optimistic he visited so there was some interest to get a visit.

Would Isabell have a legitimate shot starting at the 2 position?

If he has a shot at starting and playing with JGood, CAG, French, and Bess then I think we have as good of a chance as any other offers.

17 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Trying to be optimistic he visited so there was some interest to get a visit.

Would Isabell have a legitimate shot starting at the 2 position?

If he has a shot at starting and playing with JGood, CAG, French, and Bess then I think we have as good of a chance as any other offers.

FWIW, Frank said an assistant said our starting lineup would be that. Surprised there are no other reports of the visit anywhere. I sense that IF we are able to pull this off it would have to be in the next few days. The longer it drags it after the visit, the less likely it will happen.  Very little recruiting chatter about these two available scholarships.

21 minutes ago, Scoop said:

He would definitely start at the 2.  Kid can score.  That would give our 3 freshman guards a little cushion and time to grow.  Come on Tramaine, be a Billiken! 

He can score a lot of points, but not sure hes efficient.  Hes not much of a deep threat either for a scoring guard. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

FWIW, Frank said an assistant said our starting lineup would be that. Surprised there are no other reports of the visit anywhere. I sense that IF we are able to pull this off it would have to be in the next few days. The longer it drags it after the visit, the less likely it will happen.  Very little recruiting chatter about these two available scholarships.

Thank you Ace

53 minutes ago, wgstl said:

He can score a lot of points, but not sure hes efficient.  Hes not much of a deep threat either for a scoring guard. 

Career 31.6% from the 3, last year 34.0%.  Shot 15.2 times per game last season with a third of his shots from the arc.  Goodwin took 11.2 shots per game and Bess 9.8.  He'll want the ball in his hands.  Not seeing him as a must sign.  

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Career 31.6% from the 3, last year 34.0%.  Shot 15.2 times per game last season with a third of his shots from the arc.  Goodwin took 11.2 shots per game and Bess 9.8.  He'll want the ball in his hands.  Not seeing him as a must sign.  

He was THE MAN at Drexel.

He averaged 8 pts per game as a sophomore in SEC play...

I could see him averaging double figures on a balanced SLU team.

Starting, winning, tutoring younger guards, playing with J-Good...

Perhaps that's what merited the visit.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

There is a chance BC could fill it's last spot today with Saddiq Bey on campus.

I was just thinking this.

Though I have a feeling X was always in his plans over BC. 

Hard to know what he's thinking, but I'd also guess Xavier is the leader if I had to pick one. Most scholarships available, opportunity as the lead guard, Big East, chance for a revenge game at Mizzou this season. Just a guess. But we got him on campus and he's got a relationship with Tate, so I wouldn't count us out, and like our chances better than BC's.

The scholarship chart as it stands now:

SR: Bess, Foreman

JR: Santos

SO: Goodwin, French, Welmer

FR: Gordon, Jacobs, Thatch, Pearson, Gudmundsson, Hankton

Definitely would like to see more balance, but we did have some extraordinary circumstances last season. Another uperclassman guard would be a nice fit.

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I was just thinking this.

Though I have a feeling X was always in his plans over BC. 

I would agree that X is probably the most attractive of the options. I would say its X-SLU-BC in ranking. X has a lot of change coming this year though....

51 minutes ago, ACE said:

X has too many grad transfers. In a way we have a more stable roster. One glaring opening on a potential Tourney team and this kid would fill it. We really need this one. 

im sure the thought of playing for SLU to get back at mizzou has floated around.  isabel and mizzou mbm had a bad history. 

49 minutes ago, wgstl said:

im sure the thought of playing for SLU to get back at mizzou has floated around.  isabel and mizzou mbm had a bad history. 

Not sure many disgruntled Mizzou hoopers would see transferring to SLU as getting back at Mizzou especially a kid from Seattle. I think having Tate on staff alleviates a lot of my concerns with the kid and at this point he is playing to get to the next level (not talking NBA, but professional hoops), so I would be fine with this addition and see it as a good roster fit. Not sure I like the big freshmen class, but it is what it is and we were dealt a tough blow by the administration which pretty much forced this, so I’m not going to complain about it from the basketball end. Maybe he befriended some STL kids while at Mizzou too making us more enticing than what is just on the surface (if strictly going SLU vs. X).

33 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Not sure many disgruntled Mizzou hoopers would see transferring to SLU as getting back at Mizzou especially a kid from Seattle. I think having Tate on staff alleviates a lot of my concerns with the kid and at this point he is playing to get to the next level (not talking NBA, but professional hoops), so I would be fine with this addition and see it as a good roster fit. Not sure I like the big freshmen class, but it is what it is and we were dealt a tough blow by the administration which pretty much forced this, so I’m not going to complain about it from the basketball end. Maybe he befriended some STL kids while at Mizzou too making us more enticing than what is just on the surface (if strictly going SLU vs. X).

1) I was more along the lines as kidding

2)It was only about 5-6 months ago(?) Isabel tweeted something in regards to Tigerboard. Some people were talking about him on TB and he didnt like that.  So for a player to be checking a message board of a team, he hasnt played for in about 3 years was bizarre.  Also wasnt the first time Isabel and some mbm sorta got into it.