• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-was our recruitment under CFord? 

No, Crews. He was a 2015 HS recruit.

And RAG is correct, he will also have to sit out a season unless he were to return to CSU.

37 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Don’t think he’s a grad transfer but he obviously would be great fit 

It's not a certainty, although article I saw said he may apply for a waiver. Strange time to leave if he is not going to be a grad transfer.

On 4/9/2018 at 1:37 PM, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Here's a shooter for you...

So ironically, I have a meeting at RU on Friday. Nice little school in Waleska, about an hour north of Atlanta, nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians. Will try and get some more footage. No word on if my Friday meeting will produce typical Friday Jimbo style pics though ;)

20 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

So ironically, I have a meeting at RU on Friday. Nice little school in Waleska, about an hour north of Atlanta, nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians. Will try and get some more footage. No word on if my Friday meeting will produce typical Friday Jimbo style pics though ;)

creepy..........

On Monday, April 09, 2018 at 11:33 AM, RiseAndGrind said:

Rothstein looks to have deleted this Tweet. 

It actually turns out Justin Coleman is visiting Texas Southern this weekend. AZ, Ohio State, and SMU are also involved along with us.

nothing breaking, just updating but:

Wyoming transfer Anthony Mack takes an official visit to Miami this weekend. Maryland reached out yesterday. Also hearing from Georgia, Virginia Tech, Georgetown, St. Bonaventure, Iona, Saint Louis, Boston College, VCU, Temple.

21 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Arizona, Ohio St, SMU, SLU........ and Tx Southern?

Uh maybe but I heard he's going to THE Texas.  Also they're in on the Albany grad transfer.  Shaka lost 1 to leukemia, 2 to transfer, 1 to NBA, and 1 kicked off for taking $ from agent.  Not to mention another testing draft without signing with an agent.  There's a lot of holes to fill.  There's been so much turn over and no tournament wins his seat will be heating up. 

So it'd be tough to pull Coleman.  The grad transfer market is becoming what free agency is to MLB.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Uh maybe but I heard he's going to THE Texas.  Also they're in on the Albany grad transfer.  Shaka lost 1 to leukemia, 2 to transfer, 1 to NBA, and 1 kicked off for taking $ from agent.  Not to mention another testing draft without signing with an agent.  There's a lot of holes to fill.  There's been so much turn over and no tournament wins his seat will be heating up. 

So it'd be tough to pull Coleman.  The grad transfer market is becoming what free agency is to MLB.

You mean like it was - this year was either an outlier or the new free agent market where players get less and sit longer.  Of course if you are a stud then they will pay.

On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 5:21 AM, TheA_Bomb said:

Corey Evans is saying he is visiting THE Texas Southern. He could be wrong but he is usually pretty accurate. 

Is Texas Southern where Mike Davis is coaching and won a Play In game this year?

1 hour ago, slusam said:

Corey Evans is saying he is visiting THE Texas Southern. He could be wrong but he is usually pretty accurate. 

Rothstein says THE University of Texas, maybe he could make the 2.5 hour drive and visit both.  

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/4/9/17215220/justin-coleman-texas-longhorns-visit-graduate-transfer-samford

He retweeted and replied to the following tweet from Corey Evans, so I think this is the most accurate:

Visiting Texas Southern tomorrow for an official visit, Samford grad-transfer Justin Coleman is down to a group of Arizona, UAB, St Louis, NKU, Auburn, SMU, Marquette & Ohio State, a source tells Rivals

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

He retweeted and replied to the following tweet from Corey Evans, so I think this is the most accurate:

Visiting Texas Southern tomorrow for an official visit, Samford grad-transfer Justin Coleman is down to a group of Arizona, UAB, St Louis, NKU, Auburn, SMU, Marquette & Ohio State, a source tells Rivals

I know he’s already visited UAB. 

Side note: SMU was in to see Ramey last night So they definitely need a PG

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:55 AM, BLIKNS said:

Is Texas Southern where Mike Davis is coaching and won a Play In game this year?

Yes. They played one of the toughest non-conference schedules this season. I like what Davis is doing there.

50 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Yes. They played one of the toughest non-conference schedules this season. I like what Davis is doing there.

It is really amazing what he has done there.  They opened the season with 13 straight road games against what Pomeroy ranked as the toughest non conference schedule in the country.  Despite losing them all, he was able to hold the team together until conference season came around and made the NCAA Tournament for the fourth time in five years.  

For all the crap Davis has took as a coach over the years, he has managed to make the NCAA Tournament or the NIT 14 of his 18 seasons as a head coach.  9 of those season he made the NCAA tournament.  He has only had four seasons in which he has had a losing record and one of them was this season. He has only twice in 18 seasons finished below .500 in conference play.