Grad Transfer & JUCO Tracker

ACE

4 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

This dude got in trouble and was suspended by UNC.  Yes, he was suspended by UNC of all places.  Dude wouldn't last 30 seconds on SLU's campus before he got expelled.

His lawyer specializes in Title IX cases. No chance he is coming to SLU

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, brianstl said:

The guy would be a great get, but I think we have zero chance of landing him.  He is someone just about everyone would like to land.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/03/15/ryan-taylor-explore-other-options-after-two-seasons-evansville/430780002/

IU and  UCLA interested in Taylor.

Grad transfer Armond Davis from Alabama is available. A 6-6 guard, known as a good 3-point shooter coming out of JUCO, he made 32 3-pointers in his one season at Bama, but did not shoot at a great percentage. He had a stretch of 3-consecutive double digit games in SEC play. Sat out this past year. Looks like he score off the dribble a bit. Here are his highlights from last year, including the two baskets he scored against SLU: 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, HoosierPal said:

Evansville grad transfer Ryan Taylor has heard from Butler, Northwestern, Vandy, South Carolina, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Illinois, Georgetown, Creighton, Minnesota, BC, Indiana, UCLA, Arizona, Wake, Miami, Purdue, Baylor, Maryland & Missouri. Think we have a shot?

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Evansville grad transfer Ryan Taylor has heard from Butler, Northwestern, Vandy, South Carolina, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Illinois, Georgetown, Creighton, Minnesota, BC, Indiana, UCLA, Arizona, Wake, Miami, Purdue, Baylor, Maryland & Missouri. Think we have a shot?

He'll probably commit to Indiana then change his mind and end up at Mizzery. That is a pot full of schools. Kid must really be something.

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Grad transfer Armond Davis from Alabama is available. A 6-6 guard, known as a good 3-point shooter coming out of JUCO, he made 32 3-pointers in his one season at Bama, but did not shoot at a great percentage. He had a stretch of 3-consecutive double digit games in SEC play. Sat out this past year. Looks like he score off the dribble a bit. Here are his highlights from last year, including the two baskets he scored against SLU: 

Kind of a funky looking 3 point shot.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Maybe he has heard about Pappy's. 

HoosierPal likes this

44 minutes ago, BourbanStreet said:

I don't know if this anywhere else here, but I've heard Mike Daum, SDSU, will probably be grad transferring. 23.8ppg/10rpg

Daum is listed as a junior, but is the 2-time Summit Conference POY.  He did redshirt his freshman year ('14-'15), so he does have one year of eligibility left, but would he have to sit a year?.  At 6' 9" he reminds me of Peyton Aldridge in that he can hit a 3-pointer from anywhere on the court (42.5%), with a 24 ppg)., but still averaged over 10 rebounds per game.  He would be quite a catch.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

-I read this list three times and don't see SLU so I am missing something

1 hour ago, BourbanStreet said:

I don't know if this anywhere else here, but I've heard Mike Daum, SDSU, will probably be grad transferring. 23.8ppg/10rpg

-I heard him referred to as 'a pro' on two bracket analysis shows, didn't help with my pick of his team versus Ohio St, but he seems like a very good get

23 hours ago, ACE said:

I assume he wouldn't be immediately eligible at another A-10 school? Strange that he shot 38% from 3 as a junior, but dropped to 28% this past season.

From what I can gather a grad transfer CAN go to another school in the same conference with no restrictions, so Chartouny could be an option.

55 minutes ago, GMan Alum said:

Daum is listed as a junior, but is the 2-time Summit Conference POY.  He did redshirt his freshman year ('14-'15), so he does have one year of eligibility left, but would he have to sit a year?.  At 6' 9" he reminds me of Peyton Aldridge in that he can hit a 3-pointer from anywhere on the court (42.5%), with a 24 ppg)., but still averaged over 10 rebounds per game.  He would be quite a catch.

Redshirted his freshman year, so he'd be eligible as a grad transfer. Outside chance he goes pro, too.

33 minutes ago, ACE said:

From what I can gather a grad transfer CAN go to another school in the same conference with no restrictions, so Chartouny could be an option.

Max Bielfeldt transferred from Michigan to Indiana a few years ago as a grad transfer. I believe he had to get permission from the league office, but he also had a weird circumstance of being non-renewed by Michigan. Not sure if the A10 would allow it or not. 

50 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Not posting for us but just former Billiken is transferring.  

The teams most hurt by the graduate transfer rule are the ones that accept a post sophomore, pre junior year transfer. He sits out a year, then plays one season and if he's been going to class, has the option to bail for the senior year. Basically you use 2 years of a scholarship for 1 year of play.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to us with Bess or Foreman this off-season.

4 minutes ago, kshoe said:

The teams most hurt by the graduate transfer rule are the ones that accept a post sophomore, pre junior year transfer. He sits out a year, then plays one season and if he's been going to class, has the option to bail for the senior year. Basically you use 2 years of a scholarship for 1 year of play.

Hopefully that doesn't happen to us with Bess or Foreman this off-season.

Yep, that's the worst part about the grad transfer rule. I think it's a terrible loophole. Basically you are rewarding a kid for going to three different schools - it's ridiculous.