Andre Craig Appreciation Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Bump this thread because I just told Andre we spoke highly of him on this thread good guy to speak to

• 11 months later...

This might've been talked about in a different thread but with BenFreds article today, I felt this needed a bump.  It looks to me like Andre is a big part of the student section being active and involved.  I don't know how much they pay him but they need to give him a raise to keep him coming back.  He does a great job. 

Link

Bizziken and willie like this

38 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

This might've been talked about in a different thread but with BenFreds article today, I felt this needed a bump.  It looks to me like Andre is a big part of the student section being active and involved.  I don't know how much they pay him but they need to give him a raise to keep him coming back.  He does a great job. 

Link

Dre is awesome. Perfect emcee. But don’t forget about the very dedicated student leaders. They’ve been putting a lot of time in this year and doing a great job as well. 

50 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Link

whatever they pay him, double it.... and lock him down for 3 years 

Billikid likes this

1 hour ago, Billikid said:

Dre is awesome. Perfect emcee. But don’t forget about the very dedicated student leaders. They’ve been putting a lot of time in this year and doing a great job as well. 

Student participation has been the best it’s been in many years but why in the hell did half of them leave at half time the last game? While I am at it when they have academic excellence night the individual coaches should insist they stay for the end of the game under pain of losing their scholarship. The optics are terrible. 

SShoe likes this

9 minutes ago, willie said:

Student participation has been the best it’s been in many years but why in the hell did half of them leave at half time the last game? While I am at it when they have academic excellence night the individual coaches should insist they stay for the end of the game under pain of losing their scholarship. The optics are terrible. 

-I guess the counter to this is they are honored for academic excellence because they study as opposed to spending time at a bball game, I agree that the optics are terrible when the students leave at halftime

14 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I guess the counter to this is they are honored for academic excellence because they study as opposed to spending time at a bball game, I agree that the optics are terrible when the students leave at halftime

Saturday night at 5:00...they're not studying.  

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-academic achievement was recognized at the Richmond game, not LaSalle

You are correct but I guarantee you that 90% of those who left at half time of the Richmond game didn’t leave because they had to go study. Sshoe is definitely right about Saturday. 

On 2/4/2018 at 9:37 AM, cheeseman said:

Not sure if it is the PA system or not - he tends to speak to fast and then one word runs into the other.  It is important for when you talk in a microphone in a big venue that you need to slow your rate of speech down so the words do not trip over each other.  He does seem to like what he does and that is always half the battle.

This is a great thread. He does a tremendous job, best by far of anyone who's ever tried.

I agree with Cheese that he should slow down just a bit. It'll help in a big way.

But otherwise, he shouldn't change a thing. Not only is he enthusiastic and has the respect of the student section, he is authentic. Not a put-on.