Andre Craig Appreciation Thread

11 hours ago, pakapablo said:

He does  a good job. I wish he had a better quality PA system to work with. 

Not sure if it is the PA system or not - he tends to speak to fast and then one word runs into the other.  It is important for when you talk in a microphone in a big venue that you need to slow your rate of speech down so the words do not trip over each other.  He does seem to like what he does and that is always half the battle.

When I saw the Topic I thought you were referring to Andre Craig that played for the Bills under Ron Ekker. I always remember he was a decent player on a bad team, but when he went head to head with Keith Lee, an All-American player of the year candidate for Memphis State, he would rise to the occasion and out play him.

3 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

When I saw the Topic I thought you were referring to Andre Craig that played for the Bills under Ron Ekker. I always remember he was a decent player on a bad team, but when he went head to head with Keith Lee, an All-American player of the year candidate for Memphis State, he would rise to the occasion and out play him.

Me too. 

My buddy suggested that at some point, when it became glaringly obvious that he couldn't "throw" a basketball farther than 25 feet, that he would have had a better chance if he resorted to drop kicking it.

Not sure where the "Billiken Basketball Promotion" suggestion box is, but I have one.  Since SLU is so adept at creating surveys and questionnaires, they should make one that all potential contestants have to complete.  And the first question needs to be...."Have you ever, like seriously, in your life, and we mean EVER, shot a basketball?"  If the answer is no, then you are immediately disqualified from any promotion involving a basketball.  Note to SLU:  If you're going to have promotions that you want people to watch, please select contestants that actually have a chance to win.  Maybe that's a bit discriminatory, but I want to see the people win...or at least put up a good effort.

Just now, William Kenneth said:

My buddy suggested that at some point, when it became glaringly obvious that he couldn't "throw" a basketball farther than 25 feet, that he would have had a better chance if he resorted to drop kicking it.

Not sure where the "Billiken Basketball Promotion" suggestion box is, but I have one.  Since SLU is so adept at creating surveys and questionnaires, they should make one that all potential contestants have to complete.  And the first questions needs to be...."Have you ever, like seriously, in your life, and we mean EVER, shot a basketball?"  If the answer is no, then you are immediately disqualified.  Note to SLU:  If you're going to have promotions that you want people to watch, please select contestants that actually have a chance to win.  Maybe that's a bit discriminatory, but I want to see the people win...or at least put up a good effort.

In their defense, the dude came out looking like he could hit the rim. The strangest thing was that he had decent form if he was taking a mid range jumper but he didn't seem to understand the strength needed to get the ball to the rim..

11 minutes ago, William Kenneth said:

Not sure where the "Billiken Basketball Promotion" suggestion box is, but I have one.  Since SLU is so adept at creating surveys and questionnaires, they should make one that all potential contestants have to complete.  And the first question needs to be...."Have you ever, like seriously, in your life, and we mean EVER, shot a basketball?"  If the answer is no, then you are immediately disqualified from any promotion involving a basketball.  Note to SLU:  If you're going to have promotions that you want people to watch, please select contestants that actually have a chance to win.  Maybe that's a bit discriminatory, but I want to see the people win...or at least put up a good effort.

My wife yelled, "Throw it like a baseball!"  

Then, perhaps after reevaluating his strength, yelled, "Just forget it!"

1 minute ago, Box and Won said:

My wife yelled, "Throw it like a baseball!"  

Then, perhaps after reevaluating his strength, yelled, "Just forget it!"

Furthering on my earlier suggestion, they could have "tryouts" in the practice gym before/during the game to ensure that contestants are "qualified" and meet a promotion's requirements.  That would eliminate contestants like we had last weekend.

1 hour ago, William Kenneth said:

Furthering on my earlier suggestion, they could have "tryouts" in the practice gym before/during the game to ensure that contestants are "qualified" and meet a promotion's requirements.  That would eliminate contestants like we had last weekend.

They asked me to do the MacDizzles promo after opening tip