HF to the 3

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

my bigger worry is that if some sort of punishment comes down that sends goodwin away starting this coming season, we have a point guard problem big time.   that should be ford's biggest immediate concern.  i dont see bess as a point guard at all.  

Good grief, you're absolutely right.  As it stands now, we won't have a single legit pg on the roster.  That's scary.

Just now, moytoy12 said:

Good grief, you're absolutely right.  As it stands now, we won't have a single legit pg on the roster.  That's scary.

We also potentially won't have any 2 guards either, outside of Thatch. I don't really see Bess, Johnson or Pearson in that role. This situation is screaming for a grad transfer and quality juco at minimum. And maybe Macon can dip into the prep school ranks.

12 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

That is why recently I was talking about how Thatch could be more important next year than Gordon.  Gordon is certainly the superior player, but Thatch is in a HUGE area of need.  We have to hope and pray that Bess returns.  Bess very possibly will be our back-up PG.  JJ could be the tertiary PG if we do not get more guards.

17 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

That is why recently I was talking about how Thatch could be more important next year than Gordon.  Gordon is certainly the superior player, but Thatch is in a HUGE area of need.  We have to hope and pray that Bess returns.  Bess very possibly will be our back-up PG.  JJ could be the tertiary PG if we do not get more guards.

I would rather have DJ at PG than Jalen.

HF will be a power forward - that is his natural position.  The guy struggles to hit FTs so why would you ever think he could step outside and be effective.  Guards are the most plentiful of players to find.  I would think Ford will already have a few in mind that he can get - he will have plenty of playing time to offer and we all know that playing time is very important to these kids.  Gordon and Santos will find plenty of playing time in the paint even with French here.  Thatch and Pearson are your 3s along with Bess who will be starting.  DJ and JJ will still have playing time available to them.  What we will see is a roster that has many options available and the idea of multiple players getting 35 minutes a game will be foreign next year except maybe for the guards depending what Ford can scare up and what happens with JG.  Ford while not being happy with what has happen but he is certainly not staring at an empty cupboard next year which is why he will not be leaving - now in a couple of years if all goes well that may be another story.  

10 minutes ago, TheOne said:

I see this as an opportunity for the coaching staff to step up on the recruiting front

oh hey star PG.... lots of playing time here at SLU..... you dont like having sex?.... perfect!

Bess needs to work on his handle- at this point when he is shooting with confidence he is a catch and shoot 2. I like Bess a lot and believe he has real upside. I like Foreman and French learning to play together. Preseason I thought Foreman would keep French on the bench. Fortunately each has really different attributes to offer and are not duplicates