Gordon suspended after altercation.

TigerMatt

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

You passed no judgement when making it look like he just went running onto the court at just some random moment in the game.  Context, or lack there of, frames how people who weren’t there view the event.

Fine.  Read Kvidal's story.  It gives you all the context you need.  He was there.  

Yeah I’m totally fine with this. From the story:

In the madness that ensued following the dunk, Webster senior power forward Carte'Are Gordon came off the bench and attempted to chase down Ramey only to crash into McKinney and knock him to the floor. Gordon then proceeded to join Ramey in front of Vashon's bench as several choice words were thrown around. 

The officials huddled and when the game resumed in the third quarter, Ramey was awarded a free throw for a foul on his dunk. Gordon was given a technical and ejected for leaving the bench and making contact with an opponent. Webster sophomore guard Jacobie Banks was also given a technical foul.

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

Fault him for the aggressiveness, sure, but I absolutely love the flare and energy in Gordon’s play and attitude.  He, Hasahn and Jordan are bringing swag back to Chaifetz at SLU. That’s the type of stuff that helps generates crowds.

-how can he do that if he is suspended? how can he do that if in foul trouble? what he did wasn't aggressive, it was stupid and hurt his team

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-how can he do that if he is suspended? how can he do that if in foul trouble? what he did wasn't aggressive, it was stupid and hurt his team

our program is on the brink of DUMPSTER FIRE.... chill out 

22 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yeah I’m totally fine with this. From the story:

In the madness that ensued following the dunk, Webster senior power forward Carte'Are Gordon came off the bench and attempted to chase down Ramey only to crash into McKinney and knock him to the floor. Gordon then proceeded to join Ramey in front of Vashon's bench as several choice words were thrown around. 

The officials huddled and when the game resumed in the third quarter, Ramey was awarded a free throw for a foul on his dunk. Gordon was given a technical and ejected for leaving the bench and making contact with an opponent. Webster sophomore guard Jacobie Banks was also given a technical foul.

Exactly.  Although, I think Kvidahl might be wrong about Gordon crashing into McKinney.  If go to the first video and slow it down at the the ten second mark it looks like Gordon probably wasn't the guy that knocked down McKiney.  It looks like it was either Vashon's Jordan Clay or the bald ref.  

Like I said earlier, Gordon should just shut it down for the year.  He has nothing to gain and has a target on him.  Hit the books and hit the workouts.

10 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Almost the whole Webster team was on the court.  Their are at least 8 Webster players down there, including Gordon and Malachy Simpson who were both on the bench.  They thought the half was over.  Nobody is complaining about Simpson.  Like I said, Gordon just needs to shut it down for the year.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Almost the whole Webster team was on the court.  Their are at least 8 Webster players down there, including Gordon and Malachy Simpson who were both on the bench.  They thought the half was over.  Nobody is complaining about Simpson.  Like I said, Gordon just needs to shut it down for the year.

Trying to not sound like I’m piling on Gordon but I would worry about him shutting it down and not having an outlet for his energy, which he clearly has a lot of of. 

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

-it might have been the entire WG team and I guess the refs could have forfeited the game at that point, but he is our recruit, not the other kids  he ran over a Vashon player, he jawed at the Vashon bench, he got ejected,  I get that the game has emotion, he needs to be able to use his emotion in such a way that he helps his team, not hurts it, if he can do that he will be special and it will be great, until that point, I have my suspicions as to how he will impact our program

-again, I want him to be great for us and hope he is in all facets

TheOne likes this

6 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-it might have been the entire WG team and I guess the refs could have forfeited the game at that point, but he is our recruit, not the other kids  he ran over a Vashon player, he jawed at the Vashon bench, he got ejected,  I get that the game has emotion, he needs to be able to use his emotion in such a way that he helps his team, not hurts it, if he can do that he will be special and it will be great, until that point, I have my suspicions as to how he will impact our program

:rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

I was actually more bothered by the uniform incident with Gordon than what happened last night.  That said, I think even the uniform incident got overblown.  

I am not absolving Gordon.  He definitely has some growing up to do, but everything with him gets blown out of proportion. There are always people ready to dog on Gordon because they are bitter he left Vianney, didn't stay with Team Ramey or didn't pick Mizzou.  These are bitter adults I am talking about and not the kids.  They started saying awful stuff about a kid when he was 15 years old.  You would ask how they knew if this was true and you would always get that it was something they heard.  Never anyone with firsthand knowledge and they couldn't tell you who had firsthand knowledge of what they were saying.  Most of them had kids around the same age and I would just wonder what they would think if someone was doing the same thing to their kid.

So yes, Gordon has some growing up to do.  Most 17 year old boys do even when they haven't had to deal with the spotlight being on them and adults thinking it is OK to spread whatever BS they like to make the kid look bad.

kshoe likes this

29 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

That game had maybe the most jawing I have ever seen in a game.  Two of the clearly best teams in Stl going at it on a neutral court with a sold out 50/50 crowd.

That being said, Gordon was no where near the top of trash talkers.  Ramey, Wright, McKinney, some other vashon kid, all were may more caught up in that than Gordon. Again, all Gordon did wrong was run onto the court because he thought it was halftime, if that was his biggest mistake I think we'll live. 

13 hours ago, Old guy said:

Hey CBfan, a short time before I was trying to  give you  a good post reaction and pressed the wrong button. I am very sorry and apologize. I did find out how to delete the thing afterwards, but the initial one was just pressing the wrong button. I have nothing against what you are saying.

No worries Old Guy even if you did not like my post and checked bad post that is okay, I respect yours and so many others opinions on this board that when I get a bad post from someone I step back and think about what I said. 

Happy Friday to all.

25 minutes ago, wgstl said:

That game had maybe the most jawing I have ever seen in a game.  Two of the clearly best teams in Stl going at it on a neutral court with a sold out 50/50 crowd.

That being said, Gordon was no where near the top of trash talkers.  Ramey, Wright, McKinney, some other vashon kid, all were may more caught up in that than Gordon. Again, all Gordon did wrong was run onto the court because he thought it was halftime, if that was his biggest mistake I think we'll live. 

-yeah, because of all the games I have seen at that facility where the entrance to the locker rooms is at half court, most of the time players take the route of going under a basket and making a turn toward the other team's bench, not toward the locker rooms, at halftime <blue font>

-there was nothing wrong with him running over the Vashon player on his "route" to the locker room?

34 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I was actually more bothered by the uniform incident with Gordon than what happened last night.  That said, I think even the uniform incident got overblown.  

I am not absolving Gordon.  He definitely has some growing up to do, but everything with him gets blown out of proportion. There are always people ready to dog on Gordon because they are bitter he left Vianney, didn't stay with Team Ramey or didn't pick Mizzou.  These are bitter adults I am talking about and not the kids.  They started saying awful stuff about a kid when he was 15 years old.  You would ask how they knew if this was true and you would always get that it was something they heard.  Never anyone with firsthand knowledge and they couldn't tell you who had firsthand knowledge of what they were saying.  Most of them had kids around the same age and I would just wonder what they would think if someone was doing the same thing to their kid.

So yes, Gordon has some growing up to do.  Most 17 year old boys do even when they haven't had to deal with the spotlight being on them and adults thinking it is OK to spread whatever BS they like to make the kid look bad.

-since you quoted me I guess this is directed at me, I don't think I am blowing anything out of proportion, if I am what? I am not bitter about the kid, I have said I want him to be great for us but he is accumulating baggage and I really don't think I am spreading any BS to make the kid look bad

Does anyone know who shot the video last night for Webster's Hudl page?  It would be the best angle I have seen to dissect what actually went down last night.  Not surprisingly the highlights posted cuts to another play right before it all happens.  There is a monster dunk from Gordon in the highlights. That play starts at about the 15 second mark.

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/13540/5a8675cb0428680db08b7182

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-since you quoted me I guess this is directed at me, I don't think I am blowing anything out of proportion, if I am what? I am not bitter about the kid, I have said I want him to be great for us but he is accumulating baggage and I really don't think I am spreading any BS to make the kid look bad

The comments about what people have done to Gordon were not directed at you.  They were there to let you know where I am coming from when it comes to Gordon.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I will give Coach314 credit for one thing.  He has made me appreciate V-time/insider more.  V-time never dragged the kids.

You two should have lunch and celebrate this new found appreciation.  70% of Valentine's Day candy.  Make it a special day.

Apparently you know Gordon on a more personal level than me and his activities over the years cause you no alarm.  So be it.  

Thank you for providing your insightful thoughts.  Hope your day is a great one.