Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

5 hours ago, brianstl said:

This isn’t just a SLU problem.  It is a problem for males at college campuses across the country.

This. I had thought that SLU had some rogue administrators, but this is the way things are nationwide. I have little doubt that this same result would have happened at every school in the country.

brianstl likes this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

This. I had thought that SLU had some rogue administrators, but this is the way things are nationwide. I have little doubt that this same result would have happened at every school in the country.

You and Brian are correct.  The problem is the system needs changing.  Until that happens all these schools will be faced with doing the same thing.  While I think SLU administration could handled it better I am not sure anything they would have done would have made anything anymore than marginally better.  Time to get ready for next season.

DeSmetBilliken likes this

8 hours ago, brianstl said:

This isn’t just a SLU problem.  It is a problem for males at college campuses across the country.

It's ridiculous.  Having to many drinks and making poor choices has some how become the same as rape.  It's sad that these young adults can't  figure out the difference between stupid choices and criminal behavior.  It's like they think being a victim is a badge of honor. 

You shouldn't want to he a victim and unfortunately a lot of 18-25 year olds take pride in being a victim.

It's these kids who grew up in the "everybody gets a trophy era." 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

It's ridiculous.  Having to many drinks and making poor choices has some how become the same as rape.  It's sad that these young adults can't  figure out the difference between stupid choices and criminal behavior.  It's like they think being a victim is a badge of honor. 

You shouldn't want to he a victim and unfortunately a lot of 18-25 year olds take pride in being a victim.

It's these kids who grew up in the "everybody gets a trophy era." 

It is really strange the desire and pride so many people have today in claiming victim hood.  There should be no shame in being a victim, but people shouldn’t take pride in or desire to be one.  

LindellWest and dlarry like this

I did not push the race angle and I will continue NOT to push it.  Much like if a tree falls in the forest ..... if one does not see race or resort to race, does race also not exist?  No, I'd rather see dumb boys and girls being dumb boys and girls, regardless of race.  And that is what happen here.  I see no victim in the conduct of the deed, and I see no justice in the ultimate outcome.   

While I feel ready and willing to move on, the moving on begins with the closing of this chapter which cannot be done until answers are rendered.  And those answers rest with the administration.  Four guys got railroaded here based on a lie.  That's wrong ----- being green, purple or polka-dotted has no bearing on this.

On May 12, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Taj79 said:

IF they organized the sex party ----- and I have no concrete proof they did but without facts and only rumor along with other girls dropping out , c'est la vie ----- and THEN cried rape, that is not youthful indiscretions.  That is slander, false accusations, filing false police reports, etc.  They/she are/is protected by the label "victim" and that they are not.  

And where is Bishop ...or Bishop's body?  I find it amazing none of the three did anything legal in the long run.

You didn't mention the fact that the players (one or all posted the video online) why do you leave that out?

So the players have no responsibility for what happened?

I wonder if/when we will hear something about the Circuit Attorney and if she will pursue charges.

They may have gotten a break because she seems more interested in pursuing charges against Greitens ( which will further her own career) than pursuing charges against the player/players (which won't further her own career).

Please lock this thread. Why beat a dead horse. SLU's likely never going to reveal all that happened. We're all speculating. It's in the past. Let it go and let's look forward to a trouble free new season. Plus, it will shut down the 400 lb fat boy in his mom's basement.

rgbilliken and TheOne like this

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

Plus, it will shut down the 400 lb fat boy in his mom's basement.

Same one who created the Russian hacking? In most cases those who cry out to just let it go are not overly concerned with getting to the truth. I will never be satisfied till we find out much more on what happened, and how it was handled.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

Same one who created the Russian hacking? In most cases those who cry out to just let it go are not overly concerned with getting to the truth. I will never be satisfied till we find out much more on what happened, and how it was handled.

Don't hold your breath.  It seems the people involved don't want to discuss it publicly.

13 hours ago, almaman said:

Cue up The Stones tune, "I can't get no Satisfaction". I think we know all the school wants us to know.