Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Mi$$ou Gabe right to Ortiz defense trying to bully Hank into backing down.

Not surprising. He is the worst. Doesn't SPUMAC have a real case of sexual assault on their hands - one with violence against women and all that stuff - that they should be focused on?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Mi$$ou Gabe right to Ortiz defense trying to bully Hank into backing down.

I have no idea what Gabe is saying, but I don't know how Gabe (white dude) can have any issue with what Brian (non-white dude) said about Ortiz's (non-white dude) tweet.

25 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Way to go Haenchen.  Where is the TMA gong when it is needed.

Anyone read the comments? That d bag from Mizzou, Gage DeArmor All doesn't understand why people are so upset. He "didn't think there was anything wildly irresponsible about the column" and thought it was "fair and pretty good". This is the same guy I see crying on Twitter about the ref during every Mizzou game. This guy would be cleaning toilets if it weren't for his dad.

EDIT: looks like everyone was on top of it

8 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

I will give fanboy Gabe credit, he did respond to Brian with this:

Haha! But I like how his first instinct was to support an anti-SLU opinion that even by his own admission was not "an educated one."

33 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

This is probably the mindset that SLU wants and the mindset that I was afraid of. Things could have been a lot worse but they should have been a lot better. Nobody should be happy or even content with the outcome of this case. 

Nobody is saying improvements can not be made - reread my post I say they need to fix the matter.  My point simply was that things could have been worse as the immediate turnout goes.  Now I agreed we need to review and fix the situation in the future.  

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

Who is Nathan Grimm (Nate_Grimm on twitter)?  Just saw he tweeted at Ortiz he is happy somebody finally asked the right questions instead of basketball-focused cheerleading.  It was liked by Charlie Marlow of Fox 2.  

The guy is a nobody trying to kiss up to a guy that the thinks might be able to help him get a better newspaper job.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/92776/nathan-grimm-hired-as-new-telegraph-editor

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The guy is a nobody trying to kiss up to a guy that the thinks might be able to help him get a better newspaper job.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/92776/nathan-grimm-hired-as-new-telegraph-editor

Yep, Illini fanboy, hurt that Goodwin didn't go to there. Look at his twitter feed and he's more pom pom squad leader than reporter.

Guys,

It is hurting me that many on this board are hoping that SLU’s administration will get “burned to the ground”.  

This is a university we all share a passion and a bond over, otherwise we wouldn’t be posting on this board. I understand where these frustrations are coming from, but calling for full blown federal investigations and saying wildly immature things on Twitter will badly damage our university - potentially forever. The pursuit of justice is never to be overlooked, but as affiliates and representatives of SLU we must handle ourselves maturely. There is a way to express your feelings the right way.

While most are not pleased with the process or the outcome of S2, we need to be supportive of SLU. We need to be at every game, cheering on our remaining Billikens.  We need to be enouraging Goodwin that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that we cannot wait for him to return to the floor, and that he can change this program forever. We owe it to the program, we owe it to Coach, and we owe it to Jordan for honoring his commitment and returning to SLU after his suspension.

There is a bright day ahead of us, we just need to see it through.

billikenfan05, ACE and RIP HUMPS like this

1 minute ago, TheOne said:

Guys,

It is hurting me that many on this board are hoping that SLU’s administration will get “burned to the ground”.  

This is a university we all share a passion and a bond over, otherwise we wouldn’t be posting on this board. I understand where these frustrations are coming from, but calling for full blown federal investigations and saying wildly immature things on Twitter will badly damage our university - potentially forever. The pursuit of justice is never to be overlooked, but as affiliates and representatives of SLU we must handle ourselves maturely. There is a way to express your feelings the right way.

While most are not pleased with the process or the outcome of S2, we need to be supportive of SLU. We need to be at every game, cheering on our remaining Billikens.  We need to be enouraging Goodwin that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that we cannot wait for him to return to the floor, and that he can change this program forever. We owe it to the program, we owe it to Coach, and we owe it to Jordan for honoring his commitment and returning to SLU after his suspension.

There’s been a line drawn in the sand, though, by the administration. On one side, It’s clearly obvious that the accuser’s parents have money with a vocabulary that rivals IBM’s Watson. It’s been talking since Day 1. On the other side, it’s families like Goodwin’s that have to essentially perform an eye transplant to lady justice, because while allegedly blind, justice in this case has titled the scales to the family with prominence. It’s truly unfortunate that the figurative flames have been fanned by Fred and now this frenzy has reached a crescendo. The next steps are to find the people willing to escalate or ignite this even further, to expose SLU’s hypocrisy and the true damage inflicted by biased Title IX personnel. 

5 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Guys,

The analogy that comes to mind is chemotherapy.  It ravages your body (which you love and wish to protect) in an effort to destroy the cancer that will otherwise kill you.

9 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Guys,

You can be wildly supportive of the basketball program and still profess a strong opinion against the Title IX office and SLU administration. These aren’t mutually exclusive viewpoints. 

In fact, I’d guess that’s the sentiment of about 95% of the board. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

Corrected by an unnamed copy desk intern, not Ortiz. I’ve looked at it. Not even a “we apologize for the error.” 

They need to apologize to both readers and Goodwin for letting a false statement of fact stay up for so long.  This was pointed out to both Ortiz and multiple editors at the Post/stltoday over 24 hours ago.  Those notices were responded to with snark from Ortiz and ignored by editors until now.

1 hour ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

While the accusers continue to live life looking through rose-colored lenses. I'm not sure this is the best take you've had, cheeseman. And you do have solid takes. 

Once again once you get caught up in this kind of thing nothing good is ever going to come out it.  You measure your situation by how much you were scalped or not.  I don't like anymore than anyone else but in the big picture the program is recoverable and hopefully the BOT will do a thorough review and hold people accountable for their actions.  The girls situation was always going to be what it was given the mindset on these things today.  As far as future recruiting goes - a blimp on the radar - this is happening everywhere.

3 minutes ago, LongLiveLisch said:

You can be wildly supportive of the basketball program and still profess a strong opinion against the Title IX office and SLU administration. These aren’t mutually exclusive viewpoints. 

In fact, I’d guess that’s the sentiment of about 95% of the board. 

I think there is a faction that wants Pestello and Weathers etc heads on a platter and then there is a faction that wants the school to be crippled by a lawsuit and their heads on a plate 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think there is a faction that wants Pestello and Weathers etc heads on a platter and then there is a faction that wants the school to be crippled by a lawsuit and their heads on a plate 

These two things are the same. Pestello or Weathers aren't going anywhere unless a huge financial hit comes. And this whole thing is going to happen again if heads don't roll. 

27 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Guys,

maybe the powers at slu (pesty, the bot, even krafty and stormy) should have thought about that before they started this trainwreck.   the fact they knew from the onset that no assault had ever happened it was just a matter of cheergirl afraid her dad would be mad, should have sent the message this whole thing was wrong.   meanwhile, a lot of us that have put a lot of time and money into slu saw the injustice and are now at the point that we have turned on our own alma mater.   the final decision that has come out is flat out wrong.   none of these young men should have been penalized much more than maybe a couple of games, some mandatory education, and maybe some community service.   instead their lives have forever been altered for the worse and it will never be fixed.   that is the potential forever you should be worried about.