Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

2 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:
I'm a columnist. I write opinion pieces. Do you really not understand that columnists write opinion pieces? If you don't, let me explain that columnists write opinions.
by jortiz edited by jortiz 2:32 PM

“Columnists” at times also cover games...so where is the divide between real reporting and opinion? 

A publication has an ethical obligation to its readers to label something OPINION or COMMENTARY if that’s indeed the case. Didn’t happen here.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

I think, at this point, May has qualified himself for tool status. As a manager of people at various levels, I am qualified to say that he should be front and center during the biggest controversy to hit his department in years. He did not issue a press conference. He wasn't even there to support his employee during the press conference. He now seems to be leaving town as to not be present to answer questoins (although I concede that is hearsay, at best). May is not the leader we need. I fully believe a strong leader in the AD would have steered this differently. It is AMAZING what strong leadership can do.

yeah, maybe if we had a stronger AD you would have come to more games.    

48 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

May has been totally absent from this situation, save for one public exchange with a fan at Butler. I don’t really feel for May. 

i think if your employer demands total silence if you value your job you do that.   if the board of trustees and pesty would have asked him to be public about everything he would have.   your anger on this issue should go far above  chris may.

5 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think if your employer demands total silence if you value your job you do that.   if the board of trustees and pesty would have asked him to be public about everything he would have.   your anger on this issue should go far above  chris may.

If I've only missed 2.5 games this year (2 for being sick, 0.5 to go to my work Christmas party) and have non-S2 reasons for not liking May, am I entitled to call him a tool?

Did anyone else see this? Happened just last week. Unfortunately too late for guys like Adonys and Graves and Bishop whose lives have already effectively been ruined. 

https://pjmedia.com/trending/professors-condemn-victim-centered-title-ix-investigations-open-letter/

Despite feminist groups praising these practices for encouraging victims to come forward, the open letter warns that the “believe the victim” ethos and the policies it has inspired “undermine neutrality in campus Title IX disciplinary processes.” Spearheaded by the Maryland-based nonprofit Stop Abusive and Violent Environments (SAVE), the letter also argues that, by its very nature, the “believe the victim” ethos presumes the guilt of the accused and erodes due process. The letter was signed by numerous professors, including Harvard Law School professor Janet Halley, Denver University Law Professor Dave Kopel, and Geoffrey Miller, a professor of evolutionary psychology at the University of New Mexico.

29 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I love Jordan and his dad's attitude.

As I said the other day, he has earned himself as my favorite player ever.  Dude has 101 reasons why he should leave us, and apparently he's not.

We should be reading a retraction of Ortiz’s hatchet job article of today, a proper synopsis of the situation, including the fact that Goodwin was neither cited as part of the “sexual assault” by the girls, nor suspended by the school for any sexual misconduct, and a formal apology from the Post editor to the Goodwin family.

This should be on the front page.

I would also expect to see an article on the sports front page, detailing Ortiz’s one week suspension for failure to confirm material facts prior to publishing, and a personal apology from him to the Goodwins.

We try to behave this way here; there is every expectation that the Post holds itself to the highest order to get things right.

William Iken and slufanskip like this

Words....only words people.  That's all we are doing.

Would somebody please pass onto the Goodwin family that they need to start a Go Fund Me page to finance a complete investigation that can be led by the nastiest attorney(s) they can find to hold people accountable at SLU so this abortion of justice will not ever happen again?

I am serious.  I want the emails and texts subpoenaed.  I want Weathers, Pestello, and the fool's gold standard leader deposed.  I want SLU to feel the heat.

And sue Ortiz for libel just as the cherry on top.  

This board and others can spread the message to fund this righteous cause.