Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

For all you guys need to know about Ortiz, read his glowing eulogy of Cardinal Bernard Law. 

Yes, that Bernard Law. The one who knowingly covered up child rape. 

Ortiz basically nominated him for sainthood. 

'But he was nice to my family that one time, so he's a good guy!'

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Lastly, he accuses Ford of being sincere but tone deaf, as if he were describing his own piece. This is what happens when a lazy writer looking for clicks drops in on a situation he's not familiar with and isn't willing to do the work, but decides to write about anyway.

To go with this, from his chat last week:

image.png.259df520ed9802aee367f3fec50321ff.png

10 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I also emailed Jose.  I'm sure it's a pointless effort, but I felt it needed to be sent.

Jose,

I just finished reading your piece on the SLU Title IX investigation and the punishment handed down to Jordan Goodwin along with the other 3 suspended players.  While I knew the level of writing and reporting at the Post had declined in recent years, I had no clue it fell off a cliff.  I continue to be a subscriber to the Post and badly want to support our local newspaper, but this type of article makes it awfully difficult. 

The column you wrote is full of non-verified speculation and innuendo, and any additional investigations or research would have resulted in a column with at least some semblance of fairness.  Instead, you took huge leaps in making broad sweeping statements about SLU and about the 4 players involved in the investigation.  You indirectly suggested that the campus is not being made safe by the school because the basketball program allows its players free reign.  Clearly, that’s not the case, as evidenced by an expulsion, two 2-year suspensions, and a third suspension that was reduced because he was cleared of all charges relating to the sexual misconduct. 

Comparing the school to Penn State, Baylor, or MSU right now is also disingenuous at best.  There is no clear pattern of abuse or cover-up.  There was one incident and the school has responded with very strong punishments for those involved, including one player, Henriquez, who was expected to be the leading scorer for the team.  Again, any research might’ve allowed you to understand that instead of making the suggestion that Goodwin is only still here because he was the “best player”. 

This assumption also shows zero knowledge or understanding of how the Title IX process works and who is making these determinations.  Go find out who the Hearing Officer was that made the initial rulings and ask yourself, “does this seem like someone who is trying to prop up the basketball program.”

At the end of the article, you wrote about accountability. I hope you get a chance to learn that lesson as well. 

Best Regards,

Steve Schuman     

There is a very high level of probability that JJdO will not be able to understand your email due to the fact that it was well-written, contained nuances within a single sentence, and based on facts. 

Ill have my third grader translate this to his level and resend. 

Well done. 

Mobile-iken, SShoe, AGB91 and 1 other like this

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

Meanwhile Ortiz is racking up the clicks, which is all that matters. 

This is pretty clear.

By the way, love how his article is titled "'Taking Responsibility' too easy of a response..." and he blocked me on Twitter instantly for disagreeing with him. Apparently this is his M.O.

This guy doesn't get irony.

28 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I'm sure everyone is fully aware of this but Ortiz doesn't care whether or not you like him or his writing. He (and the Post) just want clicks. And he gets them. Reminds me of the scene in Private Parts where they discover that the average Stern hater listens twice as long as the average Stern lover. "Most common answer: they want to see what he'll say next."

Can you imagine going to lunch with Ortiz and Tilk? Good god.

while the "clicks" for his commission for oritz is a concern, i am more concerned of the casual sports fan that doesnt follow the true story like we do that will be greatly mislead by what he writes never knowning that there was no title IX fault or sexual assault by the players and that coach ford did not wrecklessly recruit criminals as ortiz insinuates.   we criticize this azzhat for that reason.   

i sit very close to the goodwin's at the games, and i remember ortiz fawning all over them the night that he interviewed them for his column at the beginning of the season.   to come back later as he now has and tear into the players is so wrong.   and while he likely doesnt care what we think or say about his very low class column, he sure made me feel a whole lot better to point out to him personally how wrong he is.  

If I were SLU, I would deny Ortiz media credentials in the future unless this article is removed. The guy is one of the worst columnists I have ever read. He is routinely negligently and recklessly misinformed. His self-righteous and pious attitude only exacerbates the problem. What he just wrote is shameful and unfair. 

1 minute ago, davidnark said:

If I were SLU, I would deny Ortiz media credentials in the future unless this article is removed. The guy is one of the worst columnists I have ever read. He is routinely negligently and recklessly misinformed. His self-righteous and pious attitude only exacerbates the problem. What he just wrote is shameful and unfair. 

Yea it is truly bad.  We don't know what Goodwin did but basically Ortiz tried to say this kid is a danger to girls on campus, worked with the basketball program to extend the investigation so he could play while his teammates sat and really isn't accepting responsibility for what he did.  What just a terrible piece to publish and what just a terrible, terrible person he is to make that accusations with no evidence.  

gobillikens13 likes this

If there's one thing damn near every STL sports fan can agree on, it's that Ortiz sucks.  I've never come across anyone who has even a modicum of respect for him.

So, if we're gonna get trashed by someone, at least it was by the guy who everyone hates.

a mike mcmanus reply to ortiz (great overall view of the everything.  this entire thread could be deleted and mike's response replace it.  i dont know if mike posts at billikens.com but i wish he did!):

"Barf......what a load of nonsense. Fake news or perhaps fake opinion would be more appropriate. Completely uninformed and of course what little you do have right you've twisted to fit your worldview. Comparing this situation to Penn State, MSU or Baylor is idiotic..........Duke lacrosse is a more apt comparison.

Goodwin is not suspended for a title ix violation.......he's suspended for violating school rules. He and his gf were there but abstained from the activities and distanced themselves from it so he's only in trouble for underage drinking. The girls who audaciously claim to have been
 assaulted were in fact the organizers of the orgy and provided the alcohol and condoms. If they did, in fact, allege rape they should be charged and prosecuted to the limit of the law. They also didn't object when Graves grabbed the sleeping Goodwin's phone and started filming things......it was only when he posted the video online that they suddenly felt violated. But hey....in this day and age of endless victimhood why not throw it out there and see if sycophant writers like yourself won't lap it up?

As they say these days get woke man. These girls LITERALLY asked for it so there are no good guys or girls in this situation...however in jumping on Goodwin you've picked out the least guilty of all the parties involved. The FACT that police declined to file any charges at all on this should have been a major tipoff to you that the facts didn't match the accusations. I realize that the unrelenting liberal ideology that you subscribe to requires you to hammer every male who's accused of the slightest thing regardless of evidence but try to educate yourself a bit so you don't look like such an idiot in doing so!"

Edited by Quality Is Job 1

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

a mike mcmanus reply to ortiz (great overall view of the everything.  this entire thread could be deleted and mike's response replace it.  i dont know if mike posts at billikens.com but i wish he did!):

"Barf......what a load of nonsense. Fake news or perhaps fake opinion would be more appropriate. Completely uninformed and of course what little you do have right you've twisted to fit your worldview. Comparing this situation to Penn State, MSU or Baylor is idiotic..........Duke lacrosse is a more apt comparison.

Goodwin is not suspended for a title ix violation.......he's suspended for violating school rules. He and his gf were there but abstained from the activities and distanced themselves from it so he's only in trouble for underage drinking. The girls who audaciously claim to have been
 assaulted were in fact the organizers of the orgy and provided the alcohol and condoms. If they did, in fact, allege rape they should be charged and prosecuted to the limit of the law. They also didn't object when Graves grabbed the sleeping Goodwin's phone and started filming things......it was only when he posted the video online that they suddenly felt violated. But hey....in this day and age of endless victimhood why not throw it out there and see if sycophant writers like yourself won't lap it up?

As they say these days get woke man. These girls LITERALLY asked for it so there are no good guys or girls in this situation...however in jumping on Goodwin you've picked out the least guilty of all the parties involved. The FACT that police declined to file any charges at all on this should have been a major tipoff to you that the facts didn't match the accusations. I realize that the unrelenting liberal ideology that you subscribe to requires you to hammer every male who's accused of the slightest thing regardless of evidence but try to educate yourself a bit so you don't look like such an idiot in doing so!"

Cancel the thread. It’s all over 

As they say these days get woke man. These girls LITERALLY asked for it so there are no good guys or girls in this situation...however in jumping on Goodwin you've picked out the least guilty of all the parties involved. The FACT that police declined to file any charges at all on this should have been a major tipoff to you that the facts didn't match the accusations. I realize that the unrelenting liberal ideology that you subscribe to requires you to hammer every male who's accused of the slightest thing regardless of evidence but try to educate yourself a bit so you don't look like such an idiot in doing so!

giphy.gif

SLU_Nick likes this

19 minutes ago, davidnark said:

This would be a fair response, but banning media is never a good look.

Ortiz's Twitter profile headline pic is him with George H.W. Bush. Just saying.

If this is all true and this is why three players' entire futures got railroaded, then dear God.

Donors/boosters/BoT need to get their arses in gear. Fred Pestello shouldn't be allowed to just let this slide and hope that everything blows over. Lives have been destroyed, and for what?? The fact that Goodwin is suspended for underage drinking (even though the original punishment was 2 year suspension) is absolutely laughable. What was the point of the initial 2 year suspension?