Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

Pestello caused me serious concern with the Clock Tower Accords.  I was worried back then that his decisions would lean toward defending appearances rather than doing what is right.  Situation 2 has confirmed my concerns.  Everyone who ran Biondi out of town is directly responsible for the ridiculous situation we now have as far a leadership down at SLU.

Absolutely concur.  A total lack of leadership by Fred P;  he is in over his head.

For those Biondi-haters, be careful what you wish for.

3 hours ago, CBFan said:

The result is that Freddy and crew really sucked on this and the two female students walk, 3 kids lose a SLU education and the other gets cheated from completing his freshman year  which I am sure many of the alumni can think back to with great fondness.

JGood's memory of his freshman year will be a witch hunt investigations that got him thrown out, the gold standard.

I hope many will remain diligent about yelling fire Pestello at games and every chance they get.

I will renew my season tickets next season but I will take every opportunity to voice my disgust with Freddy and the gold standard.

I feel sorry for those three boys.  They became collateral damage due to an error of judgement from a teammate.  Tough life lesson.  Hopefully things work out for them and Goodwin appreciates his second chance.

TaLBErt likes this

29 minutes ago, Bishop said:

He added his GD EMPLOYER.  Ortiz is the turd that wont flush

to be fair, a few clicks on twitter is about the extent of Ortiz’s journalistic arm, considering he was unable to report a single piece of new information since being locked out of that gym.

hell, he even wrote this glowing article about JG, noting his family background, bible verses, how his parents travel to every game, etc. — without a single mention of the on-going situation. but yea, now it’s time to question what kind of kids ford is bringing into the program, because he has all the facts now? what a knob

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jose-de-jesus-ortiz/ortiz-slu-s-goodwin-focused-on-the-finish/article_c6fb641e-e86a-5258-b201-2551bbb8aa02.html

8 minutes ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

He writes to get this type of reaction.  He did the same stuff during the whole MLS stadium vote. 

The P-D hired him to write like this. They used to have Joe Strauss and Brian Burwell to provide a contrarian viewpoint. The difference is that those guys, especially Strauss, could do so credibly and intelligently. I think Ortiz just likes to irritate people, or he has zero self-awareness.

8 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

The P-D hired him to write like this. They used to have Joe Strauss and Brian Burwell to provide a contrarian viewpoint. The difference is that those guys, especially Strauss, could do so credibly and intelligently. I think Ortiz just likes to irritate people, or he has zero self-awareness.

Agree 100%

44 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I feel sorry for those three boys.  They became collateral damage due to an error of judgement from a teammate.  Tough life lesson.  Hopefully things work out for them and Goodwin appreciates his second chance.

This cat is the worst f'ing poster on the board.  He just repeatedly tries to slime the local kids at or headed to SLU.  He has done it now multiple times with Goodwin and Gordon.  If he is the a-hole who I think he is, he should be ashamed of himself.  He will act like he is all buddy buddy with both those guys when he is around them.  The guy makes money off local high school kids.  What a scum bag.

thetorch likes this

16 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

They call those “trolls”. Sucks Strauss never got enough credit until after he passed. He was great 

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

They call those “trolls”. Sucks Strauss never got enough credit until after he passed. He was great 

While I certainly now appreciate more what we had in guys like Strauss and Burwell, Strauss was also fairly obnoxious. Ortiz is just garbage, no clue how he has a job.