Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

Seems like a lot of people expect Graves, Henriquez, and possibly the others (hopefully not) to go nuclear against the school in the media. Is that because of Rosenblum and his reputation?

Because normally it isn’t that satisfying. The player(s) depart, say nothing, and then a year or so later file a lawsuit, and then there’s a settlement of an undisclosed amount. 

People say they have “nothing to lose” by scorching SLU in the press. That isn’t true. They have nothing to gain if there’s some money potentially on the line.

This is right. They can exchange their silence for cash money. If they go nuclear now, they lose that bargaining chip. Now the players may politely disagree with the findings and call the process flawed, but they won’t lay everything out there.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

So many questions remain (a summary - feel free to add):

Why did the other two girls choose not to participate in the investigation, if those reports are true?

What’s in the police report?

Was this the girls’ first on-camera rodeo? Is there a way to check their social media accounts, even if private, blocked or deleted, perhaps with a court order?

If there was video, what did the girls say or do on it? Did one reach for the camera/phone, say stop, or did they continue what they were doing?

Why has one player been playing all year?

Why were the other three allowed to practice all year, and attend classes?

Why were they moved off and on campus several times?

Why did Ty Graves leave now?

Why did AD get an agent now?

Why is AD still listed on the roster?

How did the ruling compare with the report from the outside firm?

Who put the tribbles in the quadrotriticale? And what was in the grain that killed them?

I'm ready to move on and support Ford and the future players.  Let the lawyers handle the rest.  If Ford leaves, I'm done with SLU.

NextYearBill likes this

On 2/1/2018 at 7:47 PM, JMM28 said:

Bernie isn’t covering SLU because he has this distorted view that he should be wined, dined, and sixty nined by whoever the coach is. He’s largely irrelevant at this point anyways. 

Bernie set to join the Athletic.  Big question is do people care enough after almost three years to pay?

Bernie’s been hired to write on the Cardinals primarily.

I’ve already tweeted at The Athletic they should get Ben W or Brian H to cover SLU. Unlikely but worth helping get their names out there.

The Athletic does have a writer that does a weekly A10 piece.  This week he focused on walk-ons playing larger roles such as Hines.

I’ve enjoyed my subscription so far.

-to whoever at SLU reads this, I don't think you should interpret the few recent posts in this thread as any reduction in the collective disgust/embarrassment/anger/resolve of many of us on this board, on your next screw up in this 'investigation' the thread will again get active

7 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-to whoever at SLU reads this, I don't think you should interpret the few recent posts in this thread as any reduction in the collective disgust/embarrassment/anger/resolve of many of us on this board, on your next screw up in this 'investigation' the thread will again get active

Seems like SLU's tactic to draw things out is going according to plan. 

On 2/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, TFord and TRavs said:

Instagram with Goodwin dunking. Isn’t bad news but then again slu media and slu title 9 aren’t working together I’m sure 

you 'bad post'ed me ?!?!?!?!? you just declared war on the wrong dude..... 

billikenfan05 and Littlebill like this

Also I will say that I was able to get in touch with one the players involved in the situation. That player's spirit has also been crushed and they are more concerned with what SLU did to their life than what SLU did to their basketball career. Once we get a little more finality on this situation, I will pass along what he said to me (there's not a ton of huge new information, but definitely some stuff that hasn't been leaked yet). But want to keep it here while the investigation continues to keep everyone out of trouble. If you are really dying to know, you can PM me but I ask that it doesn't get back to the main board. 

slufan13, well stated.  I think it sums up the feeling of many of us on this board that it is the handling of this case that is killing the spirit of many of us fans.  I don't condone what happened in the dorm room that night, but from that point until this minute, the school has completely mis-handled everything you cited in your message.  I'm just sorry that I can't come up with the perfect way to send that message to the Board of Trustees while at the same time supporting the current players and especially the entire coaching staff.

The best I could do was to return the donation request I received from the school with a big zero and an explanation of why it was zero.  I have been out of school much longer than you and therefore have probably donated quite a bit more than you have, but no more!

44 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Also I will say that I was able to get in touch with one the players involved in the situation. That player's spirit has also been crushed and they are more concerned with what SLU did to their life than what SLU did to their basketball career. Once we get a little more finality on this situation, I will pass along what he said to me (there's not a ton of huge new information, but definitely some stuff that hasn't been leaked yet). But want to keep it here while the investigation continues to keep everyone out of trouble. If you are really dying to know, you can PM me but I ask that it doesn't get back to the main board. 

Can you share whether the basic facts as relayed on this board are correct?  Just one photographer among the group of people involved?