Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Theoretically, it's 10 business days from the request for appeal, but that 10 day period can be extended under "extraordinary circumstances".

From the policy:

"Except in extraordinary circumstances, appeals will be resolved within ten (10) University business days following receipt of the request for appeal." 

http://www.slu.edu/Documents/general-counsel/SexualMisconductPolicyVersion7.0(1).pdf (page 34)

So, assuming it was appealed last Friday, the university would have until Feb. 2nd (10 University business days) to resolve the appeal.  I see that being the absolute earliest we would get word.  I suspect it will carry-on into the following week (especially if 1 or more of the 4 players appealed on Mon-Wed of this week).  Ultimately, this thing is going to carry-on until March and the University will cite "extraordinary circumstances". This will effectively create a year suspension from the team for the 3 not-playing.  Maybe this "time-served" will matter to the panel? 

I doubt it.  Being removed from basketball games does not fall under the umbrella of punishments they look to enforce.  They will likely want to remove them from this semester's classes and bar them from enrolling for an additional semester or two (if they uphold the original sanctions).  I don't see any way that they'll factor in their being withheld from playing.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So being in big time DI athletics means the basketball players can do what they want without repercussions?

Anyone wearing a SLU shirt is representing the university.  The general public doesn’t know if the person clad in SLU gear is in the athletic department. Were the women holding disgusting pro abortion signs at the women’s march SLU students?  Who knows?  They were wearing SLU gear so they must be. Right?   The code of conduct and behavior expectations should be the same for all. That includes all the drunk freshman roaming around campus during Welcome Week.  Don’t believe that happens?  Go watch like the upper classmen do.  

5 minutes ago, Billy bob said:

So being in big time DI athletics means the basketball players can do what they want without repercussions?

Anyone wearing a SLU shirt is representing the university.  The general public doesn’t know if the person clad in SLU gear is in the athletic department. Were the women holding disgusting pro abortion signs at the women’s march SLU students?  Who knows?  They were wearing SLU gear so they must be. Right?   The code of conduct and behavior expectations should be the same for all. That includes all the drunk freshman roaming around campus during Welcome Week.  Don’t believe that happens?  Go watch like the upper classmen do.  

No. But being a D1 athlete shouldn't mean being punished excessively either and that seems to be the case here.

As for the bolded part, I agree it should be the same for all. So the women should also be punished. If the rumors are true the women are just as guilty as the men.

billiken_roy likes this

dlarry I agree with you.  I don’t know how to reference a prior post so copied and pasted.  

I absolutely agree the women should be punished.  Perhaps even a harsher punishment than the men if they plotted in advance to do this.  Sometime the phrase “set up” comes to mind. 

36 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Reading the parts about the Michigan St football and basketball teams makes me think our players will lose their appeals

Unfortunately for our guys, this story is coming out at the absolute worst time.  In the bigger picture, I'm glad the story is out and wish it could have been told sooner. 

10 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

This was sent out in an email to all of the students today apparently:

3RNVwbu.png

Somebody has got to post this survey on Billikens.com.  Do we have any undergrads that would be willing to screen shot this thing?

24 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

This was sent out in an email to all of the students today apparently:

3RNVwbu.png

That last paragraph seriously seems like they are trying to whip up more Title IX investigations. Kratky and Weathers don’t have enough to do mismanaging one case, they need more phony accusations to railroad more college-aged men. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was only sent to female students. 

if stormy had not went rogue and followed the reccommended decision slu wouldnt be in this spot.   my guess is the board will abide by stormy's doled out penalties try to settle with the wronged players and then try to win back the boosters.   that will be harder than they think imo.  

SLU_Lax likes this