Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, rgbilliken said:

Millenial age woman here from academia just here to say I would be very surprised if this statistic is accurate. Maybe they surveyed womens' studies majors, not scientists, though... 

https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2017/11/daily-chart-14?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/

This study has been cited in many other articles.  Yes, 1/3 of all millennial age women think that a compliment about their appearance is sexual harassment.  The world we live in now sucks.  Thanks feminists.

i guess im just confused as a mofo, but why wouldnt the other three appeal as well?  Maybe they are and im just not seeing this?

Also, if Goodwin can keep playing, why cant the other 3 just say f it and play to during their appeal.  What do they have to lose?  Its my understanding that their lawyer kept them from playing originally, but that didnt seem to help.

Just now, billikens747 said:

So were all 4 players taking pictures? If only the player expelled was guilty of it....why are the other three punished? 

nothing. adds. up. 

Nothing. makes. sense.

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

i guess im just confused as a mofo, but why wouldnt the other three appeal as well?  Maybe they are and im just not seeing this?

Also, if Goodwin can keep playing, why cant the other 3 just say f it and play to during their appeal.  What do they have to lose?  Its my understanding that their lawyer kept them from playing originally, but that didnt seem to help.

this is a guess, JGood is going to take the approach of appeal, be remorseful and "hopefully" be suspended till the spring 2019.

The Rosenblum 3 are going Nuclear and filing a lawsuit....

9 minutes ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

He said 8 scholarship. Also every game he has referred to the players as the 8 players 

He's actually said it both ways.  Looks like he has since confirmed Goodwin is on the trip.

2a4dcc97ada59ba93194083f41de2074_bigger.stu durando @studurando

FollowFollow @studurando
More

SLU traveling party to UMass includes 8 players who have been in uniform for every game. Others did not travel.

28 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Here is what the deal is. Someone months ago said as much. The "Three" could have been playing all along. Scotty Rosenblum held them out of games, I guess for their own good. Goodwin's attorney did not hold him out, so he played. There was never anything recanted. Goodwin is going to continue to play, until forced not to. SLU was never holding anyone out of games.  However, this decision is beyond insane. And will doom the program and lose Ford and Gordon. All because a white girl had a rich daddy and realized she regretted sleeping with some black athletes. SLU is a joke. 

I think it was brought up here earlier that Goodwin is actually part of the Rosenblum 3.  

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I think it was brought up here earlier that Goodwin is actually part of the Rosenblum 3.  

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

This is correct.  Goodwin was definitely not expelled.  Word has it he was suspended until 2020.

On 12/8/2017 at 12:06 PM, billiken_roy said:

i dont think anyone has an issue with the need to review.  but when all parties concerned are readily available for a pretty simple he said she said situation i just cant fathom the reason this just drags on and on.   if it is a matter of scheduling convenience doesnt the accused parties schedule carry any priority?   this should have been settled weeks ago.   it is a joke.   i am not arguing for preference on the decision either way i am arguing for it to be over.   make a decision.  

Our only hope for D-1 survival is Coach Ford staying. Then, maybe Bess and Foreman don't transfer, and the 3 recruits stay commmited. He's a great recruiter, and proven he's a solid game coach  Those of us who bleed Billikens Blue, can't jump ship, no matter how much we detest Pestello.

COACH PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!! YOU ARE ONLY HOPE.

GoBills73 likes this

Just now, slu72 fan said:

Our only hope for D-1 survival is Coach Ford staying. Then, maybe Bess and Foreman don't transfer, and the 3 recruits stay commmited. He's a great recruiter, and proven he's a solid game coach  Those of us who bleed Billikens Blue, can't jump ship, no matter how much we detest Pestello.

COACH PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!! YOU ARE ONLY HOPE.

Yes we can 

3 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Bess, Foreman, JJ is a good foundation. Hope for the best with the rest. Pearson, Thatch, Gordon, are bound.

If Gordon wants out of his commitment (or Pearson or Thatch), the absolutely right thing to do is to let him leave.  This is NOT what he signed up for.

I am sure most of my feelings are because I am upset, but I am even beginning to wonder if it is just a bad idea in general for a black male to decide to attend SLU.  I do not think Pestello is a racist, but understood the terrible optics.  At some point you wonder if it is more than just bad optics.

1 minute ago, Gremio14 said:

This is correct.  Goodwin was definitely not expelled.  Word has it he was suspended until 2020.

I thought I saw somewhere the fall of 2019.

It looks like he is getting the Willie Reed treatment this time.  No sexual contact with the women who is pursuing the case, but being punished for being there.