Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

I have never been so upset with my alma mater. The lack of criminal charges combined with the length of time to communicate the outcome reflect so poorly on the school. It is obvious that the school chose to take the cowardly approach. No one in their right mind would sit out the suspension....but at the same time SLU can claim they didn't kick them out. I always wanted my children to follow in my footsteps at SLU, but I just don't think I can promote that any longer. So incredibly disappointed... 

TaLBErt likes this

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Updated STLToday article:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball-players-suspended-expelled-after-sexual-misconduct-investigation-lawyer/article_e255774f-a9fe-5b2d-8ae5-cd32c08e6789.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Rosenblum said the four basketball players and three women, two of whom are SLU students, had agreed to a consensual sexual act sometime before Sept. 24.

“They knew about it before, discussed it before, engaged consensually and realized there were pictures being taken and left and had buyer’s remorse,” Rosenblum said. When asked if they women knew they were being photographed, he said, “I don’t know how they could not know pictures were being taken. It wasn’t a huge space. Nobody was hiding anything.”

He said only one of the three women was actively participating in the investigation. It’s unclear whether the women also have legal representation.

This is insanity 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Essentially three players expelled and IF the fourth is Goodwin and his suspension is until the fall of 2019, he would be the only possible returning player of the bunch. He could sit out the remaining games this season and  redshirt 18-19 and return as a sophomore in the fall of 2019. That being said, if I am him, I'm transferring asap and reshirting at another school.

They might all get waivers to be eligible next season.

Goodwin has a large enough sample size on the collegiate level - next step is to recruit a retired local NBA scout or cross-checker to his defense team if he does sue SLU, it should also be for lost future earnings if this scout can say he'd have been a high draft pick. If this puts into jeopardy his basketball future. 

I guess I will be in the minority on this thread but I go to SLU games because I like the game of basketball. As long as there are kids playing on the court, I will go to the games. My hope, every year, is that we will be playing in the post season but it isn't my expectation. This 'situation' is just another bump in the long rough road of being a SLU fan. Go Bills!

Billsx3 and cgeldmacher like this

OK, so we have a decision which is what everyone had been asking for. This decision is not something that will make anyone happy. It does look there were no winners in this mess. What about the girls?

Even worse, it is not over yet, the door is open to appeals and I bet we will have them, so count upon more time to  let the appeals percolate through the system.

1 minute ago, billiCAN said:

I guess I will be in the minority on this thread but I go to SLU games because I like the game of basketball. As long as there are kids playing on the court, I will go to the games. My hope, every year, is that we will be playing in the post season but it isn't my expectation. This 'situation' is just another bump in the long rough road of being a SLU fan. Go Bills!

Gimme a hit of whatever you're smoking.

majerus mojo likes this

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

OK, so we have a decision which is what everyone had been asking for. This decision is not something that will make anyone happy. It does look there were no winners in this mess. What about the girls?

Even worse, it is not over yet, the door is open to appeals and I bet we will have them, so count upon more time to  let the appeals percolate through the system.

PD article said appeals can only be made if one of the parties believe the process was compromised or if new evidence has come to light

6 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Has the cheerleader been suspended for 2 years as well?

4 minutes ago, GBL_Bills said:

PD article said appeals can only be made if one of the parties believe the process was compromised or if new evidence has come to light

"He also said university processes failed his clients ..."

11 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Updated STLToday article:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball-players-suspended-expelled-after-sexual-misconduct-investigation-lawyer/article_e255774f-a9fe-5b2d-8ae5-cd32c08e6789.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Rosenblum said the four basketball players and three women, two of whom are SLU students, had agreed to a consensual sexual act sometime before Sept. 24.

“They knew about it before, discussed it before, engaged consensually and realized there were pictures being taken and left and had buyer’s remorse,” Rosenblum said. When asked if they women knew they were being photographed, he said, “I don’t know how they could not know pictures were being taken. It wasn’t a huge space. Nobody was hiding anything.”

He said only one of the three women was actively participating in the investigation. It’s unclear whether the women also have legal representation.

If this is actually how things went down, This is bananas. With that said, its one side of the story. 

If there was shady business on SLU's end, we'll hear about it soon enough.