Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

From the Post story:  

"Grounds for an appeal include a deviation from outlined procedures that could impact the outcome or the discovery of "new or relevant" information that was not available during the investigation.

Dissatisfaction with the hearing officer's decision is not considered the basis for an appeal."

They're fuoked. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

This.  The whole thing is done.  

I don't want to be basketball focused in lieu of young ladies who may have been assaulted but this seems extremely excessive given there are no crim charges. This seems to be above and beyond similar recent suspensions from other schools.  It's really hard to justify this punishment.  And, if the actions were that bad to effectively expel 4 players then why were those players allowed to be on campus and have basically all the rights and privileges of a student athlete?  The punishment is hard to reconcile with the actions to date. 

This. SLU has basically allowed 4 sexual predators, by their definition, to remain on campus for over 100 days. 

The school needs a new administration. Pestello should be fired with cause. May should probably go as well. I see no reason that they should continue to be employed by SLU. 

The board needs a new chair as well. 

I wonder if this all would have gone down the same if not for the all the people coming out of the woodwork about sexual abuse.  Is SLU doing this to send a message out that they don't tolerate this stuff?  Not sure what "this stuff" even means, but since the words "sexual abuse" were given from day one I felt like SLU would drop the hammer, especially when all the hollywood stuff started heating up.

If anybody wants to talk to Cuonzo, I can tell you where to go see him in person right now.....Webster Groves.

The rumor I heard (and is basically what someone said earlier) is that Goodwin is suspended until Fall of 2019. Henriquez and Bishop Spring of 2020. Graves expelled. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever. I don't even care if it's true.

Goodwin was likely allowed to play because the woman he had contact with was not the cheerleader therefore there was no "no-contact" order against him.

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

From the Post story:  

"Grounds for an appeal include a deviation from outlined procedures that could impact the outcome or the discovery of "new or relevant" information that was not available during the investigation.

Dissatisfaction with the hearing officer's decision is not considered the basis for an appeal."

They're fuoked. 

No the University is foucked, they just killed their only Revenue producing sport that happens to have Power 5 Conference Facilities.

1. good luck funding the program through generous donations.

2. Season ticket base is gone

3. What coach in his right mind wants to coach at a school that thinks its equal to BYU from a morality standpoint.

4. Recruiting is screwed for 10 or more years.

5. Good luck funding the upkeep of Chaifetz, better schedule multiple concerts a day.. Disney on Ice....

TRN likes this

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

The rumor I heard (and is basically what someone said earlier) is that Goodwin is suspended until Fall of 2019. Henriquez and Bishop Spring of 2020. Graves expelled. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever. I don't even care if it's true.

Goodwin was likely allowed to play because the woman he had contact with was not the cheerleader therefore there was no "no-contact" order against him.

Regarding the last part, I can see that.

3 minutes ago, keyser soze said:

No the University is foucked, they just killed their only Revenue producing sport that happens to have Power 5 Conference Facilities.

1. good luck funding the program through generous donations.

2. Season ticket base is gone

3. What coach in his right mind wants to coach at a school that thinks its equal to BYU from a morality standpoint.

4. Recruiting is screwed for 10 or more years.

5. Good luck funding the upkeep of Chaifetz, better schedule multiple concerts a day.. Disney on Ice....

Yep.  Stupid decision from a business standpoint.  Another prime example of academia living in their ivory towers.  Pestello screwed himself big time.

This is what groups of people turn into nothing will change this, for we’ve all been this. Society will stab us with its sword, espically colleges beacuse they don’t want their reputation ruined. Especially, knowing that SLU is milking 50K to enroll one student, imaging they only care about their reputation than their help on society and spending their vast riches.

Edited by Ballingmeanthegradesfallin

1 minute ago, Matty Light said:

Is Travis Ford going to have open tryouts for students at this point?  I mean you can't expect to play Hines and Bess 40 minutes every game for the rest of the year.  That is cruel and unusual punishment - to both the players and the fans.

If all the players transfer it would be insane if we had a team with Roby, Hines, the Greek, and 10 students.

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Could be.  As I also read I think on here, and it made a lot of sense, the s3 lawyer said dont play because they would use that time they didnt play as a "self punishment penalty".