Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

And?

I cant stand that this whole entire thread is a bunch of leaps and assumptions by a bunch of pissed off 60 year olds who dont actually have any of the facts.  Like LITERALLY have no clue what is going on, but make huge wild accusations as fact.

serious question wcb, does your hand hurt doing all that by hand copy work at the monastery?

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

serious question wcb, does your hand hurt doing all that by hand copy work at the monastery?

love that the 'oh holier then thou' billiken poster has an issue with me wanting to wait for the actual story to come out before i start calling every person who may or may not even be involved in anything racist, sexist, and incompetent. 

6 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

And?

I cant stand that this whole entire thread is a bunch of leaps and assumptions by a bunch of pissed off 60 year olds who dont actually have any of the facts.  Like LITERALLY have no clue what is going on, but make huge wild accusations as fact.

Before calling everyone at SLU racist, sexist, incompetent (which yeah sometimes I agree with), etc..lets wait for the facts to come out. 

I think we have earned the right to level incompetence accusation............

love that the 'oh holier then thou' billiken poster has an issue with me wanting to wait for the actual story to come out before i start calling every person who may or may not even be involved in anything racist, sexist, and incompetent. 

that ought to tell you something about your far blind view of the situation

9 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

like a bunch of message board assumptions if it fits your narrative

Love all the people jumping on the new victim card (well they just doing this because they are black) while at the same time calling the other victim card (everything is sexual assault) being played as what is wrong with society.

Aside from a few details, all we have are assumptions. Unless you know more details and aren't telling us? I have no narrative but if I did, it wouldn't be one that finds these 3 men guilty of breaking SLU's  sexual misconduct rules while these girls get to walk. Unless something has changed, no criminal charges have been filed. 

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Aside from a few details, all we have are assumptions. Unless you know more details and aren't telling us? I have no narrative but if I did, it wouldn't be one that finds these 3 men guilty of breaking SLU's  sexual misconduct rules while these girls get to walk. Unless something has changed, no criminal charges have been filed. 

Lol thanks for admitting that your entire stance is based on ASSUMPTIONS

I have no details, and the ones that have been released by official sources have not told us enough about the situation to call every person who may or may not be part of this as sexist, racist, and incompetent.  I personally wait for facts before going on witch hunts. 

HoosierBilliken and Buster like this

adn west coast,   i think most of us arent about the decision itself and recognize there was something done wrong (likely by all involved) and penalties are coming.   the problem that the vast majority are up in arms about is that the process is going on 4 months, could have should have been decided in 4 days and the defined process of slu says should be decided in 2 months maximum.   meanwhile a lot of people's lives are distrupted the players involved have indirectly been fingered and their futures are likely ruined.   coach ford who likely is going to have to recruit new players to replace those that might be expelled cant really seriously do anything until this is over and meanwhile the remaining picks of talent are being snatched by others.   thousands of basketball fans have been robbed of their value of their fanship and season tickets.   but you want to wait until the 2018 midterm elections are over to make a decision.   typical california.  

Just now, billiken_roy said:

adn west coast,   i think most of us arent about the decision itself and recognize there was something done wrong (likely by all involved) and penalties are coming.   the problem that the vast majority are up in arms about is that the process is going on 4 months, could have should have been decided in 4 days and the defined process of slu says should be decided in 2 months maximum.   meanwhile a lot of people's lives are distrupted the players involved have indirectly been fingered and their futures are likely ruined.   coach ford who likely is going to have to recruit new players to replace those that might be expelled cant really seriously do anything until this is over and meanwhile the remaining picks of talent are being snatched by others.   thousands of basketball fans have been robbed of their value of their fanship and season tickets.   but you want to wait until the 2018 midterm elections are over to make a decision.   typical california.  

I agree 100% with you on this IF SLU is dragging this out by putting it off to the side on their desk and not dealing with it (which I would bet 100% did not happen); or the more likely scenario is that things are much more complicated by the fact that you have multiple parties and multiple attorneys involved which is dragging this out. 

HoosierBilliken likes this

I have no details, and the ones that have been released by official sources have not told us enough about the situation to call every person who may or may not be part of this as sexist, racist, and incompetent.  I personally wait for facts before going on witch hunts. 

But you were cool with punishing the players before all the facts came out.

7 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

You do not... because you literally have no clue which party is dragging this thing out. 

Fine, Based on the knowledge presented to me by certain parties, and with consideration to his prior performance in regards to leadership, it APPEARS that Fred is an incompetent leader
Better?

I agree 100% with you on this IF SLU is dragging this out by putting it off to the side on their desk and not dealing with it (which I would bet 100% did not happen); or the more likely scenario is that things are much more complicated by the fact that you have multiple parties and multiple attorneys involved which is dragging this out. 

that's b.s.   someone has the power to make a decision.   and that evidence was in place within the 60 days.    you have all local participants that gave statements, you got the video, you get the text histories.   put it together read and analyze and make a decision.   absolutely no reason it has went beyond the 60 days.   60 days is too long.    

as someone said about a hundred pages ago, matt lauer was fired overnight with less evidence in hand that what this committee probably had in less than 60 days.   

make a decision

9 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

lmao lol rotfl omg no shi*t it's based on assumptions! If we had all the facts this thread would only be 10 pages. Are you patting yourself on the back because you think you forced some billkens.com confession or something? Yikes.

Based on SLU's history, the influence of powerful, white dads in this city, the length of this entire sh*tshow, and the perception of big scary African American athletes in general....the ASSUMPTION that one of the girl's father is hell-bent on seeing that these players are kicked out of school isn't an unreasonable viewpoint. 

I love how WCB is getting worked up about everyone getting worked up. If you turn your nose to assumptions and gossip, why do you continue to post in this thread?

5 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

IF???? IF????!!!!  The more likely scenario?!?!?!??! Why don't you wait for the facts???

4 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Who's making assumptions now?  100% did not happen...really?? Lolololololololol  How far up Fred's tail are you?

1 minute ago, LindellWest said:

Fine, Based on the knowledge presented to me by certain parties, and with consideration to his prior performance in regards to leadership, it APPEARS that Fred is an incompetent leader
Better?

lol... i think that sounds better then this "OMG THEY ARE ALL RACIST AND SEXIST!!!!!!!! I HAVE LIKE ONLY ASSUMPTIONS AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHO IS EVEN INVOLVED BUT ITS RACIST AND SEXIST AND INCOMPETENT AND THEY SHOULD SUE THE SCHOOL AND FIRE EVERYONE NOW!!!"

Can anyone even name the title IX that is for sure spearheading this thing?

12 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

I think it's more so about the tidbits of information that people here have tried to piece together in a somewhat coherent manner over the past several months in order to make sense of why a decision was not made (even after the investigation had concluded) for over two months. That, plus the fact that we have some historical context from the situation 8 years ago, and it isn't actually that far fetched to believe that the administration has completely fumbled this situation. Not to mention, a national Title IX expert himself even said that SLU's handling of this case was a "bit unusual." 

It's not about whether or not the players are guilty (though we've known for 4 months that they never committed a crime), it's about the flawed process that has damaged the future of all parties involved. Fred may not be involved in the actual investigation itself, but he sure as hell was involved in the decision to suspend the players from the beginning. 

billiken_roy likes this